How's your day?

WHERE happy in my 'blue heaven...............nice one loppy...............

you not trying to muscle in on me and carnie are you ?............lol

• Like 2
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I knew it because me mam used to sing it when I was a pup.  She used to sing all the pop songs of the day and listen to Donald Peers (spelling) on the radio.  I'm not muscling in.  I'm just a natural for it.:rolleyes:. You should hear me sing Hound Dog.  Elvis would never have stood a chance.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, carni said:

This NS choir is growing rapidly. We will have to see if DJ360 has any contacts for us.:)

I've been watching from a distance... Our old agent Les was apparently last seen flogging prams in Boowul Market... so I'm not sure I can easily plug the Choir into mainstream  Rock and Roll now..

Got this idea though..

Howabout we get the choir to pose for a nude calendar? ( Tastefully done obviously... no Liberty Bodices..) I bet nobody's thought of that before....

• Like 2
5 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Howabout we get the choir to pose for a nude calendar? ( Tastefully done obviously... no Liberty Bodices..) I bet nobody's thought of that before....

I bet there are a few people out there who are glad about that DJ. :faint:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, denshaw said:

One of our members has done a nude calendar, pictures are on here somewhere.

:) In the words of Maurice Chevalier 1958 GIGI 'Yes, I remember it well'.  I just can't remember which thread? Very tastefully done  miducks.:)

41 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

Apparently John Holmes wished me a safe journey home on Radio Nottingham- a couple of us on NS met him when we were on the razz at The Union on Friday night...we gave 2 hours recalling the York House area and it's characters.

Easy mistake to make Ian, but you spent Friday evening in The Brit, once we’d finally got there after Trent Bridge was closed ‘due to an incident’  Sadly there are too many ‘incidents’ on Trent Bridge these days!  

• Like 1

I looked. Up Donald Peers on Wikipedia last night.  Learnt quite a bit.  He was a Welshman.  Died at the age of 65 back in 1973.  As. I remember all the ladies used to swoon over him, like they do our Ben.  They'd all scream. DONALD!!  Long before the days of screaming for the Beatles.  His theme song was 'By a Babblingg Brook.'

By a babbling brook.

In a shady nook......           Come on then, Carni and Ben.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, loppylugs said:

By a babbling brook.

In a shady nook......           Come on then, Carni and Ben.

Sorry loppy.......i remember Donold Peers and the song but just the two lines you've mentioned,,........best get carnie or Margie...........

• Like 1

'Mid the flowers I spend hours every day... (but I had to look it up!)

I think the song is a bit too 'twee' for my taste  (is twee a word?)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

Perhaps William will get a proper job to help support them. How about flying a helicopter and rescuing people?

Going off at a tangent (as we do on Nottstalgia) Prince William’s co-pilot on the Air ambulance was a schoolmate of one of my sons.  

• Upvote 2

Way ta go Margie!  ;). You should join the choir.

I hadn't looked it up either.  That would be cheating.  :biggrin:

Mid the flowers

I spend hours.

Every day.

In a shady nook

By a babbling brook.

That's where I fell in love with you.    Come on where's Carni.

• Like 1

I just want to say Congratulations to William and Kate.  Whatever anyone's feelings may be about the monarchy, I still think a new baby is a wonderful miracle.  I hope that he will grow up to be a force for good in the world, along with his brother and sister, whatever paths in life they may choose.

I really believe that privilege should walk hand in hand with responsibility for the wider good, especially the victims of injustice an oppression in our world - hope that makes sense...

• Like 6
1 hour ago, loppylugs said:

Come on where's Carni.

Daydreaming LL from the looks of it. I just sang the same verse as you. Oh Well, time for mi afternoon nap from the looks of it.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

There are times when i wonder about about the mindset of people. I have just been reading that a large group of people have tried to force their way into Alder Hey Hospital the reason being they do not agree with a court decision. It is one thing to voice your protest another to disrupt people trying  to access medical help, upset other young children and cause their parents anguish. My opinion sorry if it upsets anyone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
4 hours ago, loppylugs said:

remember all the ladies used to swoon over him, like they do our Ben.  They'd all scream. DONALD!!  Long before the days of screaming for the Beatles.  His theme song was 'By a Babblingg Brook.'

I wonder what our Ben's theme song is? Possibly "I fall in love too easily," as crooned by Frank Sinatra!

I fall in love too easily.

I fall in love too fast.

I fall in love too terribly hard

For love to ever last.

My heart should be well schooled,

Cos I've been fooled, in the past.

I fall in love too easily.

I fall in love too fast.

Certainly describes our Ben...and we'll overlook the split infinitive in line 4!

• Like 2