• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

That's a pity, getting your leg over is pretty much a prerequisite for a successful bonk........

48 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Just checked ‘bonking’ and it means completely running out of energy when riding a bicycle. You learn something new everyday don’t you! :biggrin:

Back in my 60s cycling club days it was a condition known as getting the 'bonk'.  Just a total running out of energy.  You needed to stop, rest, have a drink and possibly some food.  Another way of putting it would be totally shattered.

Busy day today at work making sure park tidy . No litter etc.. as it was judging day . Green flag judging today.

if we do alright we get a new green flag for the park raised on the flagpole.

Flagpole is near top gate of park ,on Waverley street/arboretum street.

• Like 4

Good move Ian, will your missus notice when her CC statement arrives?!!   We’ve only seen the Stones once, that was about 15 years ago at Twickenham. Fantastic seats, front row and level with the stage, brilliant show but expensive night out! 

• Like 1

It's raining and forecast to continue until Monday. This weekend is the Barbara wine festival and we expect many visitors from far and wide ...but a lot depends on the weather.

The hole has been excavated ready for the pool but today one of the walls has caved in. 

Silas and i have had a beautiful early morning walk, across the Beck and down towards the beach. Seen no one, i am to early even for the milkman.

• Like 2

well,i am using my old laptop today after struggling to get on nostalgia for a few days on my rotten ipad,i hate it..its acting as if i am not signed in to anything.

• Like 1

IAN123.

Not raining here today its lovely....but it was  p...ing it down yesterday

P.S     Seems to be Apple devices that are a bit off..my laptop is ok its not Apple.

• Upvote 1
On 5/1/2018 at 7:39 PM, Moody cow said:

Busy day today at work making sure park tidy . No litter etc.. as it was judging day . Green flag judging today.

if we do alright we get a new green flag for the park raised on the flagpole.

Flagpole is near top gate of park ,on Waverley street/arboretum street.

No perks for us staff

Beautiful day here.  Rototilled a few feet of my garden and got a row of pole Beans in.  I love 'em.  My area for tomatoes is now tilled fertilized and ready to transplant my little plants when they are a bit bigger.  Now for some organ practice.  The dogs always enjoy a bit of Bach.  ;)

A great day today. Enjoyed teaching chemistry and physics this afternoon, then a bit of retail therapy before going to an excellent concert at Coventry Cathedral. The Coventry Cathedral Chorus joined forces with the Sons of Jubal on their Ignite Tour. The Sons of Jubal are from Georgia, America. They were good. The event was to raise funds for the NSPCC. An excellent evening.

• Like 1

Felt almost important today........did my normal Security Meet and Greet,, no big deal in the scheme of things......but today was a bit special.......was introduced to two members of the Libyan Embassy,,up from London to asses their needs for future education at the venue in Nottingham,,

The local leader introduced me and they said ''we have heard a lot about Mr Benjamin (paul) and would like to thank you for the way we have  been Treated  by yourself here in Nottingham,,the local man then told them about ''Ay-up mi duck'' being a Nottingham greeting.....they looked a bit non-plussed (sp) but smiled.......must have thought what the hell's he on about.........anyway made my day.........

• Like 8

Glad to see the sun today after about 5 days of non stop rain. 

Our "pool "is gradually filling up.........with rain.

Pool people should have come after the may break to lay the base and reinforce the walls but theres a good layer of water at the bottom. We ve had to lay waterproof sheets all down the sides as one of the walls has already collapsed with the rain. Dont know how long it will take to dry out as they wont be able to cement the bottom.

Evening.. Spent last week in Northumberland . Was my first visit to that part of the world.  The drive up on Monday was fab.. brilliant sunshine all the way and my first run along the A69 was a revelation. Stayed in a really nice house in Alnwick with friends. Managed to visit Alnmouth, Seahouses, Bamburgh, and Alnwick Castle and Gardens and do more walking than any of us bargained for  Also the amazing Backer Book Shop in Alnwick.  Would like to go back sometime.

It was a bit variable weatherwise  (I.E. freezing Mon, Tues, Weds and  bit better Thurs.)

But naturally it was 'cracking the flags' on the way home Friday.  21 degrees at Scotch Corner, then a mere 13 degrees when we landed back in Billinge....  :angry:

Decided to come home via A1/A66/M6, which was fab.  Never done the Eastern bit of A66 before, though I used to do the western bit way back in my caving days.  Some tremendous views from A66.

Spent today in 'kit off' mode in the garden.  Plan on doing the same Sun and Mon.. weather permitting.. though I may deign to mow the grass tomorrow..  We don't get enough warm weather in this country to go wasting it on silly things like working....

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Looks like a lovely day a head, woken by the birds singing just after 5am. I'll go & make a mashing & you go & feeds the birds I said to Mrs C, up & about already !

{Not very often) !

• Like 2

Lovely morning here in Staffs. Arrived home at 1am this morning with a heavily laden car and trailer. Our last trip from the Brittany house which ceased to be ours on Friday :( Got a lot of unloading to do. Mower, Oak barrel, 20 gall cidre in containers, 6 crates of vintage  cidre, garden and other tools, table, two chests, oars. rods, pots, sack trolley, clothes, contents of drinks cabinet, shoes etc...... Just one more trip to a mates to collect the last boat and a couple of barrels :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Col, sounds like you had a good holiday in Northumberland.  We were there last year and visited Bamburgh, - did you go in the Grace Darling museum opposite the church?   We also went over to Lindisfarne.. did you?

1 hour ago, PeverilPeril said:

Lovely morning here in Staffs. Arrived home at 1am this morning with a heavily laden car and trailer. Our last trip from the Brittany house which ceased to be ours on Friday :( 

I’m sure this is a sad time for you both PP, whilst you’ve been occupied going back and forth bringing your  belongings back to England  you’ve probably not had a lot of time to think about it but it’s going to be a big change for you now you haven’t got to concern yourselves with keeping a second home up to scratch.  Expect you’re looking out for a house twice the size now, to fit all your stuff in thumbsup

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, MargieH said:

Col, sounds like you had a good holiday in Northumberland.  We were there last year and visited Bamburgh, - did you go in the Grace Darling museum opposite the church?   We also went over to Lindisfarne.. did you?

We didn't do the museum Marg, but had a good look at the church and I got some nice pics of the Grace Darling memorial window etc.  Also went onto the beach for 'classic' views of the castle.

I noticed how the geology changes dramatically between Seahouses and Bamburgh.  I'd like to go back and do the beach walk between those places. It is evidently very interesting.

Also need to 'do' Lindisfarne.

• Like 1

Beautiful day here in Staithes more sun than cloud only thing spoiling it are visitors, seems a 'bus trip' have found us. I live over the beck which is the quiet side you can either walk the rocks/ pier or walk up the bank onto the moor for stunning views, not many take this option. Wherever you are have a lovely day.

• Like 1

Our favourite walk on the Nortumberland coast was to park at Low Newton then walk the coast via Dunstanburgh castle to Craster, lunch at The Jolly Fisherman then return, about 8 miles round walk. Nice pub at Low Newton, The Ship Inn, good if you like seafood.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Also need to 'do' Lindisfarne.

Check the tide tables online before you get to the causeway!

• Like 1