• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Cut the grass front and back.  Neither very big TBH, but I could do without it.  Noticed that the grass at the back has no weeds at all, while the front is overrun with Daisies and Dendelions. AKA PTBs  ;)

Odd because they both get treated the same.

Spent the rest of the day lounging in the Sun.. which was nice.  Mrs Col is Cat Sitting in Salford so  can do as I like.  I can play as much LOUD music as I want.

...... But I can't make my mind up what to play...

Col

Col, I believe that dandelion 'milk' (inside the stems) is a diuretic, hence the idea that they can cause you to PTB!

• Like 1

Lovely morning in Bulwell Regis,,nice Ham,egg and chips........walk down the Bogs.......kids playing in the Leen and feeding the Ducks,,group of Wino's sitting quietly and supping what ever,, all said good morning and were not troublesome,,.........lots of the usual 'Ey-ups' mi ducks''.....rounded off in 'Barnado's' charity shop and got a bargain, pair of leather casual shoes for sunny day walking..£4.49,,,

Only downside lots of mens feet on show in their Sandals and shorts......so almost perfect..........lol

• Like 3

We picked our son and partner up at 8.30am this morning and headed for Chasewater, which is a very short drive from home. When we got there just after 9.15am it wasn't too busy and already very warm. The youngies walked around the lake while us oldies sampled the delights of the cafe in the disused railway station. A very nice destination for anyone looking for a day out. All the usual attraction plus speed boat rides, chuffa train rides,cycle hire?, small fair rides plus areas for  food and icecream. A lovely couple of hours spent there.

From there it got very busy everywhere. We drove to Stourport, Bewdley, Bridgnorth, dropping the youngies off at Bewdley, so they could walk the 4miles (approx) along the Severn to Stourport and we would be there to pick them up!!!! Wrong, after dropping them off, we tried to park at Bewdley for a walk round the stalls that were there for the holiday, but no chance of parking, so we drove to Stourport to await our phone call, couldn't even get into the place. At that, we got a phone call from son, saying they couldn't walk by the river any more and the road was to dangerous to walk. The last time we did that walk was nearly 30yrs ago and all the little bushes are now full grown trees making parts of the walk almost impassable, so off we went to find them. Picked them up and headed for Bridgnorth. No chance of parking so Chris hovered in the car while we popped in the F.C shop and pulled up out of the town to eat them.

So all in all it was a very hit and miss day, but always nice to get together with sonny boy, besides, he paid for the F/C.:biggrin:

• Like 3

Made miss UK a cup of Tea near there carnie.....in Burntwood..........Kathryn Winstanley about 1969.........rubbed shoulders me yome know..........lol

Edit sorry it was Kathleen.....and miss GB...........Well it was a long time ago

• Like 1

Interesting to read about your day, carni...

Paul was doing a car boot near Cambridge today and there was no room in the car for me!  So I went to our village Green this afternoon where there was Maypole dancing and cream teas..... no, I didn't dance round the maypole - I just watched from a distance in case I got dragged in!  However, I did send a teenager who had no money over to buy us each a cream and jam scone.  I had no change on me so I gave her a tenner... she came back with 2 REALLY tiny  scones and £2 change!!    The couple of mouthfuls of scone were very nice, but £4 each?    Someone somewhere is making a huge profit...  (I did check the price later with someone I knew, so my teenage friend was being honest!)

Watching  the Maypole dancing reminded me of my Junior School days when we used to do quite complicated braiding.   The children (and some adults ) today managed a simple plait but most of the time they just skipped around.  It was nice to see it though, on this scorching hot day.  

I hope Paul managed to find a bit of shade at the car boot...

• Like 3

She certainly was carnie........spit her Tea all over when i asked her out..........lol

3 hours ago, carni said:

Just checked her out on U Tube benj.   Hers a boster.

Carni, can you translate that last bit ?  (I realize you may have been struck by predictive texting)

13 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

(I realize you may have been struck by predictive texting)

Not really predictive texting CliffTon, just me typing too quickly for my grey cells to keep up with! I meant You Tube.:wacko:

Hers a boster, or Hers bostin, in Black Country talk translated to Nottinghamese means, She int arf loveleh. :biggrin:

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, carni said:

Hers a boster, or Hers bostin, in Black Country talk translated to Nottinghamese means, She int arf loveleh. :biggrin:

My uncle George of Garden Street would term it "A real Bobbydazzler" .  Anyone who was obese was referred to as "a boiling bit!"

Cleared out the back of the shed and built a platform base to accommodate four cidre barrels ( ex oak whiskey barrels). Then out strimming a local footpath as a volunteer for the Parish. So knackered that Mrs PP had to give me a lift to the fishing club meeting at the pub half a km away.  The pub had a wonderful beer on tap from a small local brewery in Hamstall Ridware. I am very fond of Hamstall Ridware. It brings back memories of Pipewood Camp, which is just down the road and where I spent a month each year when at Berridge.Sec Mod.

• Like 1

It's a bu@@er when you can't sleep you just lay in bed clock watching till its a reasonable time to get up, tomorrow is another day

Meg

My last post above was running through my mind at stupid o'clock so i thought write it down might make me feel better. The idea was then to erase it, next time i looked at my tablet it was 5am, started off as a good idea. If we ever have a 'silly old sod" thread i will move it.

Here's the difference. Last week against my better judgement decided to catch the "Dreaded" tram to midland railway station. At Bulwell tram stop I was getting Mrs Cs ticket from the machine remembering to purchase ticket before boarding the tram as they do prosecute if no valid ticket bought first.

Bleddy tram pulled up & pulled straight out leaving me still trying to work the bleddy ticket machine out !

Barsteward.

• Like 1

Where have all the Ladies gone.........only 2 posted today..............nothing i said was it  ?

Been shopping Ben!  Only went to Costco in Derby and had a cheap lunch there too.  Hope the Fulham fans have managed to negotiate the roadworks around Pride Park and fingers crossed Fulham win, that’s my husband’s team.