How's your day?

Had a wander in to Bulwell today & on the way home called in to the "chippy". In the dining area were 2 screaming kids, then young wench in front of me placing her order with the immortal words, "Can I get". Walking back through the bus station was 904 the Gay Pride bus. Put me off my chips.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Don't listen to them catfan, a holiday is what you make of it. Enjoy the break and someone else doing the work.

• Like 1

First time in Blackpool myself, wife, young son and little brother (17yrs younger) stayed at a  B&B where the hot water was delivered to the room in a large jug!. We went in a Ford Anglia I bought for twenty five pounds which promptl;y died the day after we returned home. The weather was superb, glorious sunshine all week. The only downside was the sea - after seeing what was floating there I banned everyone from going anywhere near it! Even so it till ranks as a great holday.

I went again in my fiftiesfor a weekend and though the sea did look cleaner I didn't go in. Spent a day in the amusement park and loved it. The trams looked good at night but the young ladies with their bare chests pressed against the rear window of a coach looked better. :Shock: .... ("Mmm what dear? no dear, I didn't notice")

KJ is right, a holiday is what you make it. Go expecting awful and Blackpool will be that in spades. Go looking for a great time and Blackpool will deliver that too.

• Like 1

Know what you mean Catfan, the phrase "can I get" really rubs me up the wrong way. I always feel like saying no you cretin, just place your order and they will get it for you. The younger generation are supposed to be intelligent but a lot of them haven't even got the ability to speak the Queens English properly. So much for modern education.

• Like 1

I was trying to remember this morning when I posted about Blackpool.  I think the place the course was at was at Poulton? Just outside BP.  We just stayed at a boarding house up the street from the tower. 

Edit..... "can I get". I know what you mean Woody.  The other that really gets to me is 'like''. After every other word.  I was so 'like' fed up. Gi me a break!!

• Like 1

Was that on a Redifusion training course Dave,? My mate Ernie Bishop was a TV engineer with Redifusion then Granada TV & he went to Poulton-Le-Fylde  Nr Blackpool on regular training courses & loved it !

• Like 2

I wish Lizzie. The weather has put the jinx on it right from the start. But today at least the walls are up waiting for them to fill the blocks with cement , form the steps and level the base out to create a smooth finish , then the liner, connecting lights , and oh anything else that needs doing and fill in the surrounding area. The surrounding area has to be tiled when its all finished so will be quite a while.

we were told by the end of may it would be finished:blink:

By the way could you see the foto? It didnt come up on ipad so i deleted everything. It still comes up that its not a safe site but everyone elses pics are ok. Will try again.

• Like 1

That was the place Mick.  I tried. Working at Rediffusion for a while.  I'd always wanted to do TV servicing and I thought it might be better than crawling around in lofts etc as a sparky.  Didn't stay too long though.  The pay was not much to write home about and it mostly consisted of just changing circuit boards.  I didn't see much future in it and went back to sparking.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

By the way could you see the foto? It didnt come up on ipad so i deleted everything. It still comes up that its not a safe site but everyone elses pics are ok. Will try again.

The Postimage picture came on fine nonnaB !

• Like 1

To you all who are not fans of Blackpool, believe it or not I am with you. I wouldn't stay a night in Blackpool if it was offered  free. I can't take the noise anymore! In years gone by we have had some great times, lots of laughs and happy memories made there,  but that was when we wanted the nightlife. Shows, Dancing, Singing, Laughing, and meeting people. These days all we want is the quiet life. I can't drink Alcohol anymore because of health issues and medication, so late nights out don't hold much interest for us anymore.now, I realise that most people under the influence of too much booze aren't much fun, they just think they are.

For a lovely, peaceful, slightly upmarket place, just travel five miles past BP to Lytham St Annes (where we stay) or approx nine miles to Lytham which is even nicer. We choose this part of the coast as the terrain is very flat and we love to cycle. Catfan, I'm not sure what you will think of BP these days.Most of what you hear about the place, seems about right. Go with an open mind. I sincerely hope you both have a good time,  

• Like 1

thanks caftan but I tried again and it won't work for me . Vodafone has blocked postimage telling me its an unsafe site and not private but I went ahead with it and ....nothing

I want to find a reliable site although postage was great. any suggestions which?

22 minutes ago, carni said:

To you all who are not fans of Blackpool, believe it or not I am with you. I wouldn't stay a night in Blackpool if it was offered  free. I can't take the noise anymore! In years gone by we have had some great times, lots of laughs and happy memories made there,  but that was when we wanted the nightlife. Shows, Dancing, Singing, Laughing, and meeting people. These days all we want is the quiet life. I can't drink Alcohol anymore because of health issues and medication, so late nights out don't hold much interest for us anymore.now, I realise that most people under the influence of too much booze aren't much fun, they just think they are.

For a lovely, peaceful, slightly upmarket place, just travel five miles past BP to Lytham St Annes (where we stay) or approx nine miles to Lytham which is even nicer. We choose this part of the coast as the terrain is very flat and we love to cycle. Catfan, I'm not sure what you will think of BP these days.Most of what you hear about the place, seems about right. Go with an open mind. I sincerely hope you both have a good time,  

Our hotel is half a mile north of the town center, me & Mrs C usually in bed by 10pm at the latest, like to get up early.

• Like 2

But at least there shouldn't be any children as it's still school term...

• Like 1

Nonna, I saw your pool being constructed but now, as you say, the Post has gone.  It looked like it was well on the way to completion, you and the grandkids will still get several weeks of enjoyment this summer, although pools do take some looking after!!