How's your day?

Yes Lizzie we will enjoy it but at the moment it seems that its a " go slow period" Blocks were delivered  yesterday presumably for the steps. They will be filling the polistyrene blocks monday ( providing it doesnt rain. :(:angry:

The ground has to be raised quite a bit too to make it all on one level. At the moment the wall is open but as the pool will come halfway up the wall we have decided to build a solid wall so that its private. We are on a country road with hardly any traffic so its semi private but we dont want to be exposed to the tracters etc , especially at my  age:blink:

As for looking after it , our above ground pool was hard work checking levels of water , backwashing etc but this one will have a salt water filter which means less maintenance . It was always left to me to check all the levels as everyone else was working, so it will mean more time for ME. 

Sounds selfish but believe me its getting harder with mum. This morning she refuses to wake up . The carer is worried because she cant wash and change her. Mum keeps telling me to go away , shes really angry. So a bit more time to myself will not come amiss.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Thankyou Ian and Loppy.

Catfan my condolences for your ex MIL.

Mum will be 96 on Sunday. A celebration yes but not much to celebrate if she's still in this mood-

• Like 1

I can't see your photo, nonna, on my iPad...

I meant to write I CAN see it.... sorry about that!

Catfan Ive tried on laptop too the same reaction. Vodafone seems to be the problem as I have rete sicura

( secure web ) Ive tried to delete it but not sure that I have. I never had this problem before. Also tried to d/l flickr but cant do anything with that either:angry:

There I believe is your problem nonnaB.

Are you able to delete / uninstall "secure web" ?

You can PM me the picture if you like & I will host for you, if secure web will let you do that .

Thankyou everyone for your comments. By chance I came back onto NS tonight and lo and behold was the photo I had posted. Strange to say the least. I have noticed before though that some times pics posted only appear as a small blue square and then sometimes days later a photo appears.

Anyway when its finished you are all invited. for a dip:rulez: Bring some cheddar.

• Like 3

Remember my poor lemon tree? Its starting to flourish.

IMG_2502.jpg

• Like 2

I'm glad about your lemon tree. I think it was thermal shock which caused its earlier problems.

I was going to suggest that it might be best to remove the young fruits to enable the plant to devote all its energy to grow new leaves but it seems that's not necessary.

Of all the citrus trees I have, lemons seem the most sensitive to temperature changes. I'm always very careful in the wintertime to make sure I have fleece ready to keep the cold away from them.

Really enjoying watching the Royal Wedding, now that everyone has stopped discussing what everyone is  wearing and who the designers are!   But why does Victoria Beckham always look so miserable, I wonder...

Loved  the address by Bishop Michael which was all about love and how it can change the world - so refreshing to hear someone speaking so informally and from the heart - the Gospel choir singing 'Stand by me' was such a good choice, too.

I thought the whole marriage service was very uplifting - a breath of fresh air!  I hope Meghan and Harry will live happy and fulfilled lives and continue to bring hope and joy to places where there is very little.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Indeed.  I wish the couple well just as I do anybody who takes the plunge seriously.  But I am taking about as much notice as I do of any wedding that doesn't involve close friends or families.

In between trench digging, I caught a bit of the Cello playing and he is a very good cellist indeed.  Went to Trinity School I believe.  Beechdale way.

Some shots of Windsor  reminded me of the day in 1972 when I was ordered to leave my Barman post at the Wheatsheaf in 'common as muck' Virginia Water and go to Windsor to help out with the ghoulish rush for the Duke of Windsor's/ Former Eddy the 8th's  funeral, by being a Barman for the day at the equally common Hart and Garter opposite Madge's commuter flat.. Holsten Pils, Worthington 'E' and Younger's 'Tartan' on draught..

I Fully expected Madge and Phil to drop into the snug for a swift pint or a 'Dry Fino' from the fake wooden bar top barrels that we refilled out of hours from half gallon plastic bottles... but they didn't show.  Must've picked a different pub for the wake..

I've seen life me... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

He did go on a bit Margie !

Whatever we all think of Megan, the ceremony, the difference in cultures, the BBC's coverage, let's just hope that they're happy.

• Upvote 1

Btw, the highlight for me......... Seeing Charles and the beautiful Camilla looking happy and as one !

Camilla is rapidly turning into the Queen Mother. I think she's even wearing her old clothes and hats! I know Charles loved his granny but that's ridiculous.

I didn't watch the wedding. Got rid of my tv some years ago. I've been papering the bathroom ceiling! Don't ask! :mellow:

• Like 2

Ha, ha Jill, you're not suggesting that Charles has a fetish for necrophilia are you. I did think likewise regarding the pale blue clothes, but I thought she looked happy.

3 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

you're not suggesting that Charles has a fetish for necrophilia are you. I did think likewise regarding the pale blue clothes, but I thought she looked happy.

I don't know any big words like that, FLY!  :wacko:  what I do know is that anyone with enough gin inside them looks happy!

If I were HMQ and 92, I'd be looking forward to leaving em all to get on with it and putting my spiritual feet up for a few centuries!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wait till we get a ginger King Leroy Winston Junior 1st