How's your day?

Won't be any worse than David, Prince of Wales in the 1920s, telling out of work Welsh miners that "Something must be done!" After which he went home, put his best togs on and went out on the town. The man was a hypocrite and we should thank the avaricious Wallis for his abdication.

Don't get the idea I'm left wing! :rolleyes:. I'm not!

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Shame there wasn't any Nottingham lace in her outfit !

But he wasn't speaking necessarily about sexual love... it was more a deliberate choice to love others as you love yourself

I wonder if she sees herself as the new Audrey Hepburn? Dress by Givenchy, former actress, looking to carve a niche in the charitable ambassador field?

Sadly, there's only one Audrey Hepburn and her life was more tragic than most people realize but something shone out of her that few others possess. That's why she's one of my icons.

• Like 2

We gotta remember the Greek language has three words for love.   Agape for general love for others.  ( The most general usage in the Bible)  Phileo for brotherly love, and Eros   (The root of our word erotic) for sexual love.  If I remember  rightly the Bible does not use Eros.  If there is any room for doubt a preacher should specify which one he means.  In the church it is generally 'agape'. = a general love for others, men women, or kids.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Well it's been a fantastic day, and everyone has enjoyed themselves, but if I hear 'diversity ' or 'multiculturalism ' one more time, I'll scream.

• Like 2

Know what you mean Fly........its here why mention it ?............liked your Ginger Leroy King by the way...................lol

• Upvote 1

I didn't actually hear what the preacher said.  I was doing my practice.  Mrs. L was watching in the other room.  He was really raising his voice by the sound of it so I left. the organ to have a bit of a listen.  He had the typical style of a preacher from these parts.  Probably rattled some chains.  :biggrin:. I must admit I didn't listen to much of what he said.  Maybe later online.

• Like 1

Mrs. L's birthday today.  I won't tell you how old she is.  I value my life.:Friends:  Anyway I made her a hotdog on the bbq for lunch. I bought her a little personal photo printer as she is always complains that the multi function printer in the office does not print good photos.  Now I've got to learn how to use it so I can show her.  I'm the I.T. Guy around here.  If something doesn't work I hear.  "DAVE! "  I sling a deaf un. As me mam used to say.  Anyway she's happy.  Maybe I'll set it up tomorrow.

• Like 4

At least Charles likes Camilla, his first true love, and that's all that matters.

I'm left wing.

• Like 1

Mums birthday today 96. wished her happy birthday and she said 4 more to go before 100. Then asked what day it was. When I told her she said " thats my birthday, what day is it"

Went to fetch her cake and some pasticcini and salatini to have a party later. Hope my husband or son remember to bring some spumante.

• Like 8

Ian this is the only piece we have left. Don't know whether to eat it or save it to savour later:wacko:

IMG_2480.jpg

• Like 2

I don't share my cheese with anyone...except the cats who do appreciate a taste now and then.

I have a nice ripe camembert which I shall sample with a good red wine later this evening after another day battling with the bathroom ceiling! Grrrrrr!

Hope your mum has a lovely birthday, Nonna.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, West Bridgfordian said:

Ashley Young maybe?

Que?

I must say I do like a bit of cheddar mesen. 

Spent almost an hour lying in an MRI scanner this morning getting the old ticker scanned.  As you do on a Snday morning....... "Breath in...breath out and hold ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... and resume breathing"    :blink:

About 91 times I did that as far as I recall....  Still it's nice to know they care :)

Then home and it was lovely to see Daughter, Son in Law and Grandkids turn up.  My daughter had posted on Facebook that she wished everyone well for the Great Manchester run and was sorry she wasn't running this year.  What she had omitted to tell me was that she's had pleurisy..  She didn't want to worry me....  Kids eh?

Col

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What a long morning for you, Col......  did they say when you'd get the results?

• Like 1