How's your day?

I dropped my iPad and had the spiders web effect last year. Cost..... £110 for a new top screen. I never thought of home insurance !

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

What a day this has bin..''what a rare mood i'm in''  its almost like being in love''........choir please.....lol.

Got to work this morning expecting normal clients........oh no always get there early (being old school) good job i did,within 5 minutes had nearly 400 people on site,the company i work for failed to tell me,,big Dance competition.

Fair enough i thought i'll cope,,client not pleased,nothing set up for em,, ie 500 chairs 12 tables,,  got the youngsters to sort,,.......client still moaning...had to tell em doing our best..don't panic...cut a long story short,,by the end of the day......was Dancing with the client (Marlene) who thanked me and others for sorting,,lovely lass about 60,,meeting her at 7.45 in the morning.......first date so early,and never Danced with a Marlene i don't think,,..Probably another Dance tomorrow...as they all back......lol

Love it when things go 'tits-up' always a challenge..........

• Like 4
48 minutes ago, MargieH said:

.... there's a smile on my face for the whole human race...

I'm sure there is Margie.................from the way that i feel.......when that bell starts to peel.........:)

• Like 1

Today carried on from the events of yesterday.....ie Dance group etc,, i was there from 7.30am until 6pm.......over 600 hundred folk today.......mostly from the North of England........what a great crowd....''put that fag out'' you can't park there'' behave or ill beat you up'' all met with lovely Northern Humour,,mostly mature Ladies who loved the Banter,,especially one named Noreen from Scunthorpe lovely lass who was there to watch the Dancing,,she sat there at least 6 hours,,and it was bleddy loud,,but i reckon Noreen was late 70s,,asked her when leaving all ok Noreen? ''yes lovely thanks turned me hearing aid off after half hour...........lol.

Several other events taking place,,one i'll mention in particular,local football match,,watched for about 20 minutes,seemed a good game apart from loads of bad language from players and spectators(kids were watching) anyway they all left earlier than i thought.....asked some of the players on leaving why?....ooh loads of trouble mate,, bloke with a knife,,...the Ref who ive known many years called me over and gave me the details......bloke sent off for 'head butting' an opponent pulled a knife on the sideline threatened others,, will be telling the company to ban them in future,,.........in all my years involved in local football never heard owt like it,,........anyway another interesting day in ''the life of Ben''..........hope i did'nt bore you.............

• Like 8

Returned from a weeks fishing in the Highlands yesterday and met my 8 day old Great Grandson. And his name is...........................................................................Benjamin! and a very handsome little chap he is too :biggrin:

• Like 8

Nice one PP you can't have too many Benjamins,, bless him and congrats Terry,,

and Jill, i can take competion..    just wish i could spell it, tis early though.........lol.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

and Jill, i can take competion..    just wish i could spell it, tis early though.........lol.

Hate to be so cheerful on a Monday morning Ben,  but don't worry!  By the time that lad becomes competition you and I will be history.  ;)

• Like 2

Speak for ya sen Loppy........we'll both only be in our early 90s..........lol

• Like 2

Tight throat and dry lips, but at least I can drink more ! LOL

• Like 1

Went down the Social today..the Dole Office in old money.

Told them i am finishing all work and would like some money please !

Handed in a Doomsday Book of forms including all the Dead Sea Scrolls of my medical/ Doctor/ Hospital references to the fact that..'Not only should i not be working..i should be dead'..kind of medical evidence.

Perplexed midget behind the counter...who had in a previous life conned our local Credit Union out of thousands on a fake mortgage scam!

And now in Rudolph Hess mode at our friendly Social Welfare Office.

You don't wanna work then ian123 ?

No, thats right...body is shagged.

Umming and Arring...oh dear most irregular....you will have to sit before a Medical Panel..

Grand says i - because i'm not able to stand.

Propped up Eire and Uk long enough..and bailed out the banks...time to get some money back out the pot i helped to fill..i said.

Johnny Meanstester will come to your Gaff....bring him on i answered..and milk !!

Looking forward to the Welfare State minding me for a change.

She then showed me the scale of money i am entitled to...

Bleddy hell..why am i sludge bumping  for a few Euro more.

TV License, Reduced Phone, Free Travel.Free Healthcare, Student Grants, Fuel Allowance.

Got a dog..she quipped ..€20 extra if you have.

Walked out feeling sick..at what i have been paying for!

Now..where's Iceland ..me new plasma TV...and the Monday Club?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
On June 11, 2018 at 3:06 AM, benjamin1945 said:

For a minute, I wondered why you were talking about $100 bill’s, (reading from the bottom up). You never can have enough though!

• Like 1

You know that feeling 'Lost a bob and found a tanner', well sometime last week on one of our towpath cycle rides my Rotary watch escaped my wrist undetected and now it's gone from me forever. I always take my jewellery off for our rides because sad to say sometimes we pass some scary people and you just never know. Occasionally I forget to remove my watch, and now it's removed forever. Sentimental value, we treated ourselves to matching ones when hubbs was made redundant. Only material things, but made me feel sad anyway.:sorry: BUT. The sun is shining and  you never know , I wont get my watch back, but  I might find a tanner, or the equivalent in  this funny money we have these days..:biggrin:

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

The very first gift Mrs C bought when we had just met 24 years ago was a Rotary gold watch which I don't always wear, only when I go out not around the house. i'm off out later & just put on my wrist when I read your post carni. you never know some kind sole may hand it in to the police & you get it back. Nowt wrong with a bit of sentiment. I hope so.

• Like 3

Thank you catfan. I haven't reported it because it could be one of at least three different routes covering about ten miles each, taking in three different canal routes and roads, not even sure which days we went on each route. Actually, you spured me on. I think I will make a few phone calls.:)

• Like 1

Wife given me the 'Nod' for a week in Spain by myself,,not done it for a few years,,.....told the Dancing ladies today,,can't get a single supplement.......one will have to come with me........left em arguing ,, lol,,

If any ladies on the forum fancy it........please PM me,, don't want everyone knowing........lol again,,

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

If any ladies on the forum fancy it........please PM me,, don't want everyone knowing........lol again,,

Benj, the queue to send you a PM is endless, you have such allure all the ladies on the forum will end up falling out if you don't choose them. :biggrin:

• Like 1