How's your day?

If you’ve got any spares Moodycow, some of the residents of Mapperley Park are making a determined effort to beautify the little roundabout on Mapperley Hall Drive, they’re begging for plants! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

A glorious 27 in Concarneau today, but the local brew cooled me. Too many steps, moules and crepes, and not enough steaks, but having a week in Northumberland next week, so I can catch up on red meat ! Oh, and decent bitter ! englandflag

Some phenomenal ice creams though !

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Took Mrs. L to the Blue Willow today for lunch.  Belated birthday and Father's Day present for us both.  Great Southern cooking.  Fried Green Tomatoes to die for.  Frying outside too. 93 f today.  Sorry I've forgotten how to do Celsius. Probably the 30s.  It's bloomin' 'ot anyway.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Streets around the centre of  Quimper cordoned off this evening, as French president Macron is in town till tomorrow. At least it's quiet and no traffic past our hotel. No, he's not in the same one as I am. I bet he gets better service at the bar though !

Thats blown my evening walk, so it's after dinner in the bar with coffee and brandy. Not too much though as its an 8am start tomorrow !

• Like 2

Blimey Carni, don’t overdo it gel. I admire you though, tomorrow I’m going on a long walk (apparently), at least it will improve my ‘step count’ 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Streets around the centre of  Quimper cordoned off this evening, as French president Macron is in town till tomorrow. 

What’s Monsieur President doing there then FLY, did he know you were visiting or is he trying to avert another French summer strike, to inconvenience the whole of Europe?

• Like 1

I drove Mrs Col and the kids into Quimper around 1988 ish. Nice town. Rubbish parking.

Moules et Huitres... Yuk..

Love France.. hate seafood.

Painting the 'new' kitchen.  I'm hoping that after 7 months.. the plaster is now dry.........  These things can't be rushed...

• Like 4

You never know Lizzie.! I don't think he's here to see me personally, but I'd give him a wave a la Churchill !

Yes Col, lovely town, great food. I especially like seafood, so I'm in my element here. Ill mannered locals though! 

• Like 1

No we're not swimming yet. Everyone who comes to do a bit more to the pool says somethings not right and blames the previous person.

So far...hole dug for pool then it rained and wall collasped. Days of rain so that delayed everything. Put base cement down then cemented the walls, youve guessed it ...rained again. Water pumped out and they put the iso blocks around, came next day and filled in gaps ,laid tubes etc.More rain. The pozzo containing all the workings was going to be put directly at the top of the steps! No way we said so it had to be moved to a different position. Meanwhile our builder, and electrician came to have a look and to make sure things were in the correct places. They came the other day to place the alluminium border round and then said that the edges weren't straight anyway he adjusted them. Sunday morning they came to put the matterassino ( type of cushioning) inside but could not finish the job as now the walls weren't straight and they were too rough. Yesterday our builder said the alluminium border is too narrow and it will cause problems later ( so its being

replaced) also the top step was too high and once filled it should be under water, so they had to chop a bit off.

Today 2 new ones came at 11am to correct the walls etc and tomorrow they will lay a new base as even the floor isnt level. The lorry had a puncture so they said. Our builder has prepared the surrounding area ready for the surface that needs tiling also tomorrow. Oh it will be fun.

I don't know how many emails and phone calls we've made I've lost count of all the complaints we've made. But as we've been told it has been mainly the weather thats held it up , the other things can be corrected. But certainly they wont be getting any publicity from us.

35 c yesterday and getting hotter today

You’ll hopefully have some summer left to enjoy your new pool NonnaB but the builders need a good kicking for not getting it right from the beginning.  However, we’ve had pools and would never contemplate owning another one, more trouble than they’re worth but great when the kids were growing up. 

• Like 3

Changed vital fluids and serviced a 1929 Chrysler this am!!

Goes really quickly but suffers with fuel vapourization in hot weather. 

Mowed lawn and felt virtuous pm so early pint tonight!

My pool came with the house. I'm not a keen aqua person but I do find it good for arthritic joints and giving some "antigravity" effects with the buoyancy. If it wasn't for that, I'd have it filled in. Take a lot of looking after!

We were thinking of doing the same thing RR but we haven't got a Tesco, wonder if Gigante have one. Our pool is supposed to below maintenance. I always had to maintain the above ground one as no one was ever available to do it and I quite enjoyed it especially when we got the robot to clean the bottom.

today it really looks like things are moving. We can see a difference.

Jonab, thats the reason we decided to do this pool. I have back problems and have been advised to swim. Our above ground was ok but I had to climb up steps to get into it and I was finding it more and more difficult.

Lizzie hopefully July, august , sept and october will be ok. At least the long range forcast says the summer will come late.    I wonder.

didn't you have a tester? at times we had problems so we always asked the experts. we only ever had one big problem after we filled the pool and the weather turned really hot and the pump conked out. A few days before we could get another one so the water went very hazy but it soon regained its clarity-

''

The sun is shining. Three hours sleep! Time to get the day started. Two mugs of tea and one cup of coffee already. We are off down the canal before the sun gets too hot. Hopefully get some photos soon to show you.:), if we can work the camera out????.

• Like 5

Lovely day again with high temperature. Got a beast of a headache. This morning its all go go go.

Pool men said yesterday that they were coming at 6 am :No1:They came at 8 am. Then our builders came and laid all the gravel then on top of that the man came to finish all the doors and windows. They were fitted a while ago but one window wasnt delivered and the internal doors weren't ready. He came yesterday to fit the doors and adjust the tight handles. When it came to close the doors they had keys in but they wouldnt close or latch. This morning he came to seal all the windows 18 of them with silicone.

The doors have magnetic latches and he hadnt told us how they close, one had to be adjusted.

I shall be a happy bunny when everyone is out of the way. But then we have to fill in all the holes when they took the old doors out and decorate.

Dont your just love it when they come in to do a job and leave you with another.

Time to take another couple of paracetomol, a cold drink and a lie down smothered in dogs. They are fairly quiet at the moment, with this heat they are beginning to feel it.

• Like 1

Ian, you must be a very proud dad!  Pass my congratulations to your boy...

• Like 2

Its all happening in Bulwell and Basford in the last 24 hours,, several shots fired near the Park Tavern on Arnold road,,car that fired the shots found abandoned on Gayhurst green,,man arrested in Bestwood,,doe'snt say Village,Estate, or Park.

Then in Wetherspoons Bulwell,,Police called at 8.15 am.....after man threatened Barmaid,, must be this warm weather,, though 8.15 am a bit early int'it,,they don't serve alcohol while 9am,,  never a dull moment in this neck of the woods.

• Like 1