How's your day?

1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

Oh, and I meant the hypocritical snowflakes, the holier than thou types. The handwringing do nothing types.

The I'm ok, sod you types, and not forgetting the do as I say, not as I do types. Will that do for today ?

That's a good start !

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

DSC_0500.jpg

Found this book in a charity shop called Northumberland  and Durham the sinister side, looking through it they have another publication called Nottingham the sinister side. Then i saw that it was published in Bullwell has anyone read it.

18 minutes ago, catfan said:

I ha ve that very same book somewhere Gem !

Is it interesting,  worth me sending for Catfan love reading about dens of iniquity in any city !!!!

4 hours ago, catfan said:

Some quite gruesome stories in there ! Enjoy as they say.

Catfan ......on ebay i have found a copy of the book for 2.80 free post a bargain i think. The company is called Baham Books they have a large selection of books reasonable prices and free post if you read a lot worth a look. 

Had an interesting 90 minutes in an online discussion about mental health issues last night.  Given that I'm almost 100% insane I enjoyed it very much and to top it off I earned £30 for taking part - which was nice :)

• Like 4

The early mornings and late evenings have been really enjoyable of late. Breakfasts outside at 6 am with the birds hopping about and no traffic noise in the background. Yesterday evening we had a cider club meeting in our garden. It started with us all getting fish and chips from the visiting F&C van and then sitting down to taste various ciders, a perry and finally the Calvados. A great evening. The meeting did have an agenda but it got lost. No one took minutes. The 'Chair' seemed to move around at random and no one can remember any decisions being made. We will just have to have another meeting.................:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Mrs Compo used to be a senior social worker. She says that Social Workers have meetings to discuss having meetings.

• Like 2

Sounds about right Compo. Very little was ever sorted out in works meeting other than the date and time of the next meeting and organising the breakfast buttys.

• Like 1

The same as teacher training days. When I used to deliver to schools it was just an excuse for teachers to catch up on gossip & watch DVDs in the staff room !

Good grief CF ! Never let a woman near anything remotely sharp. Mine cut through the cable of the hedge cutter on the very first day I bought it several years ago. Last year she slipped on the step ladder, and it gashed her arm ! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, catfan said:

Just been ordered indoors by Mrs C, she is busy chopping a tree down & doesn't want me anywhere in the garden. Suits me just fine !  smile2

Aaaaaaaaargh!    :biggrin:

Edited to add....... I hate to hit 'like' for some of these things.  Glad your wives are OK.  It's just that some of the pictures it produces in the mind are funny.

• Like 2
On 7/3/2018 at 2:49 PM, catfan said:

Me & Mrs C went for a dental check this morning, all OK see you both in 6 months he said, then I was relieved of just over £43 ,absolute scandal when half the waiting room wearing £100 trainers & fiddling with the latest iphone pay nowt, welcome to benefit Britain if you're lucky !

You're luck to still have teeth Mick :P

• Like 1

Well the fireworks are over for another year.  Dogs handled it pretty well this time.

Poor old Mrs. L took some kind of a neck spasm though.  She was in a lot of pain.  I thought I was going to end up driving to the hospital.   She decided to tough it out with some Tylenol.

It brought back a lot of scary memories of the late Mrs. Loppy.  I had never realized up until that time that a heart attack in a woman produces quite different symptoms.  I was afraid we were having a repeat performance.

She had been sitting at her sewing machine all afternoon and thought that might have caused it.  who knows?  Thankfully she seems to be on the mend now.  She should be able to do some gardening soon.  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Another storm today, this weather is getting to me. Suffering high temperature during the day , late afternoon high winds and torrential rain, then sunny again. A bit like UK 4 seasons in one day.:wacko:

The pool in itself is finished and we started to fill it. Water pressure very low so ended up pumping water from the well. It only took just over a day to fill. Engineer came this morning to check everything and another one coming tomorrow. Only groutinog needed on border and the rest has to be brought to a level and probably tiled in a while.Anyway after 2 months and a half we can finally have an idea what we had planned comes to fruit. We are certainly fed up of having workmen around, having to watch the dogs dont escape.

I have said all along that when the pool is ready for us it will rain ! Hey presto:shout:

• Like 1