How's your day?

That weather sounds like here, Nonna.  We've had some pretty bad storms, usually in the evening or night.  The night ones are the worst, my Beagle hates it.  Nobody gets any sleep.  Glad your pool is coming along.  I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Edited to add...  I used to do lot of electrical work around pools back in my day.  Sometimes a customer would invite me and the family to come over for a swim.  Always remember one guy had a big sign up poolside.  It said,. "I don't swim in your toilet.  Don't pee in my pool! ". :biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Edited to add...  I used to do lot of electrical work around pools back in my day.  Sometimes a customer would invite me and the family to come over for a swim.  

Jake and Bailey would love a swimming pool!

• Like 1

Not too sure about, Jake, Jill.  It's a battle to give him a bath and Bailey is not much better.  

Edited to add.....I bath 'em outside in a kids wading pool in the summer.  I stand in it with 'em.  Much easier than trying to dry the bathroom indoors when they have finished.   :biggrin:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, catfan said:

Mrs C felled the tree & after a short respite is now dead heading what ever that means !

Mmmmmmmm I know what I would be dead heading .........said very tongue in cheek CF lol

• Like 1

Huntley for starters ! 

• Like 1

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem with my throat........operation coming up,,

What i thought was just a ;Sexy'' voice  'Ain't,,........not writing this looking for sympathy (even tho i am right mardy) but just to let my friends on here know., so LIKES welcome always make me feel good,,lol

The good lord as bowled me some nasty balls over the last 10 to 15 years,,and like to think i played em back straight down the Wicket........led a pretty crazy life indulging in most of the Vices.......lucky ive got this old.

Thanks for reading

• Like 16
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem with my throat........operation coming up,,

What i thought was just a ;Sexy'' voice  'Ain't,,........not writing this looking for sympathy (even tho i am right mardy) but just to let my friends on here know., so LIKES welcome always make me feel good,,lol

The good lord as bowled me some nasty balls over the last 10 to 15 years,,and like to think i played em back straight down the Wicket........led a pretty crazy life indulging in most of the Vices.......lucky ive got this old.

Thanks for reading

I saw a consultant the other day at the QMC Ben & he suggested surgery, thanks but no thanks, soon put paid to that idea !

i think they could be trying to win a competition or summat, who can carve the most competition !

• Like 2

Sit on ya hole mate..........at least you in the Republic.....and not costing the British tax payer owt.........

Edit    i'll be in work tomorrow

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, catfan said:

I saw a consultant the other day at the QMC Ben & he suggested surgery, thanks but no thanks, soon put paid to that idea !

i think they could be trying to win a competition or summat, who can carve the most competition !

No mate.......they want to save my life...........and i'm up for that..........if they fail i'll try and let you know...........lol

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, catfan said:

This one is a good read Gem.

img040_615_x_854.jpg

Already ordered on your recomendation CF, looking forward to reading it. Also bought two on London.

• Like 1

Well isn't this getting old bad for you ,it seems nottstagia posters are getting their money back from the NHS lately I went to my GP a month ago , after some in depth questioning and examination she said you have probably have stomach cancer so she arranged an emergency appointment for a camera down to my stomach. After 2 weeks I had this, good news I only have a problem with my stomach lining. But with having lost 2 friends with the same problem, both only lasted about 3months, that 2 weeks was the longest worrying time of my life . In this time I  transferred all my money and investments to my wife as I didn't want her to have the problems after I was gone, she hasn't given me them back yet. 

I am glad the others on here are talking to people about it as it dose help ,I made the mistake of only telling the wife and nobody else, it  helps to talk so I encourage others if they have a medical problem talk about it with others.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Well said Trogg,,........def. good to talk........Spoke to a chap having a fag outside QMC today,,he was a Geordie ex miner from Cotgrave.......he'd just had a leg off aged 79,,lovely jovial bloke,,lost his wife 4 years since,,now lives alone in Underwood........but his spirit was wonderful..........Sid was his name.....he shook my hand as i left him,,as we wished each other all the best........

• Like 5

I know exactly what you mean Trogg. I may have mentioned it before, a few years I had a huge swelling in the rollock bag, in great trepidation I went to see the doc, "I think I know what it is but will send you for an ultrasound to make sure"

Two weeks later I am lain on the table whilst the guy carefully roams his device all over my privates. After what seemed like an age he said "your worried about this aren't you sir" he must have seen the sweat, "I'm not supposed to do this but it isn't what you think it is, its just a liquid."

I could have kissed him.

• Like 4

I will give you a like as you didn't ignore it and went to the doctors and dealt with it and came out the other side and like you the sense of relief after the result you feel so good.  

• Like 1

I've had this discussion several times with male friends. The only thing to fear is fear itself. Hiding away and worrying won't solve anything and, 99% of the time, it turns out to be nothing serious as with Trogg and NBL.

If someone told me I had terminal cancer, I admit I would make the most of the time I had left and would not put myself through what is often gruelling treatment. Death doesn't scare me. The important thing is to make an informed choice and you cannot do that unless you know exactly what the problem is...and that means seeing the quack. So, well done chaps! :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Death doesn't scare me

When I was diagnosed with cancer five years ago it scared the crap out of me and still does!

• Like 3

I'm not frightened of death itself - I just hope the process of dying isn't too uncomfortable!!

• Like 7