How's your day?

I think it would be great fun after getting over the initial shock of the news to do something outrageous & go & sign on the dotted line everywhere, new car, umpteen credit cards to go barmy with ! On my headstone I would have an inscription like "I always said credit was to easy " !

Sod em.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

On 7/5/2018 at 3:39 PM, IAN123. said:

Yep..them collars are a pain!

You are meant to remove the collar studs before you iron - makes it much easier.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PeverilPeril said:

Some mates and I have formed a coffin making club. Just hoping I don't ktb before making mine, which will be in the shape of a boat and have optics fitted :biggrin:

What a novel idea, PP. That way you get exactly what you want and don't have to remortgage the house to pay for it! Sounds different. I approve! ;)

In work today,,sweating and bleddy hot,, wearing my waiscoat for england,,take it off after we beat the Swedes,,

• Upvote 1

Had a gentle stroll in to Bulwell town today & bumped into an old bus driver mate of mine. He told me of the passing of one of our bus driving colleagues from Bulwell Depot many years ago, who retired 2 years ago after 40+ years service on NCT. Me & Mrs C going to pay our last respects on Friday.

• Like 1

My son's girl friend has just buried her father what a rip off £4600  for car rental and a box and include council fee to open grave £700.

I am like my old mate TK, he always reckoned the council should supply a black wheelie bin along with the garden bin etc.

To me my body will be just waste nor more no less to be disposed off in the cheapest way possible. I saw one set up the other day, collect body, prepare and box same, taken to crem for disposal, no service nothing £1200.

More to spend on the wake ......

• Upvote 1

I agree with what you say Colin, it is something of a rip off what undertakers get away with. My sister was charged £85 to have here OH ashes collected from the crem & delivered to the undertaker's premises, considering the undertaker's cars visit the crem every day how do they justify a fee of £85  ? At no time was she told she could collect the ashes herself.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, catfan said:

I agree with what you say Colin, it is something of a rip off what undertakers get away with. My sister was charged £85 to have here OH ashes collected from the crem & delivered to the undertaker's premises, considering the undertaker's cars visit the crem every day how do they justify a fee of £85  ? At no time was she told she could collect the ashes herself.

I see Nigel Lymn Rose drives a magnificent Bentley with personalised plates........... just sayin!;)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I see Nigel Lymn Rose drives a magnificent Bentley with personalised plates........... just sayin!;)

Well done to him!  His company is the biggest and best in the East Midlands (possibly in the country) and having used them for family funerals I can vouch for their  caring and first class approach.  

• Upvote 1

Likewise...... Effort, kindness and hard graft should always be rewarded over and above the norm.

When we arranged my mother’s funeral with them some years ago the funeral director (not Rose) was adorned with an enormous amount of gold bling on his wrists and fingers. Totally over the top. I wonder where it came from? Who does the final screwing down of the lid?

• Like 1

I understand the funeral trade is currently under review over their exhorbitant  charging. Straight to crem. are our instructions and no complimentary ham tea to follow. All of the funerals I’ve been to recently have been secular and I gather that in this Godless society it’s becoming the norm. I certainly wouldn’t want any religious ceremony. For my mother’s funeral we had no ceremony whatsoever and my wife was asked to press the button to close the curtains. I think she’d been wanting to do that for years! The four of us went to the Sagar in Sherwood afterwards and had a curry from what was left of her petty cash!

• Like 1

Re. Your earlier comment, Jill.  Seeing the quack at all bothers me, and the thought of a lot of invasive tests to see if I'm gonna croak is not much fun.  That said I would be glad of a little time to get my affairs in order and tell you lot if possible.

I'm a bit like Jake.  He quakes when I take him to the vet, but I suppose I would too if they removed my reproductive capability.  :biggrin:;)

• Like 2
6 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

In work today,,sweating and bleddy hot,, wearing my waiscoat for england,,take it off after we beat the Swedes,,

Took it off:)

• Like 1

Tomorrow  i am flying to Northern Ireland with my daughter in law to spend a few days with her family. They live in a small town about 20mins from Belfast, hopefully this lovely weather will last. On my last visit we stayed in Belfast and went to the Titanic  and Crumlin Road Goal both very interesting this time i hope to see more galleries and exhibitions.

• Upvote 1

Another day of clear blue sky and 25 degrees +.  I might.. if I can be bothered.. cut the grass...  But then again I might not.

Not quite a 1976 clone just yet I think, but certainly looking like equalling 1984. I spent that summer between 'uni' courses, working on a water pipeline/reservoir project near Chorley.  Shorts and boots for weeks on end right up to late August I think.  I suppose these days they'd make me wear a 'hi vis' vest. I'd hate that.

• Like 1