How's your day?

Didn't see one Catfan. Maybe a lizard or a few dandelion clocks but no shark.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Two of my sons and a Grandson have been hiking around Snowdonia........just sent me some photos of their exploits,,Sunsets and rises,,they are all single and enjoy life to the full,,one still in Army,one ex Army and one a proper Bulwell boy,,who took no gear and kept up the rear throughout making comments and making em laugh,,did my heart good to see my off-springs enjoying time together......they said Dad you got to come next time,, think my mountain walking and camping under the stars are well behind me,,....last time i was near there was about 63' camping near Barmouth,,beautiful place and memories Trina from Carlton John and Doreen from Tamworth,,ah lovely........

• Like 5

All good here.  Out in the garden all day pottering and just 'lounging'.  I have to keep reminding myself that it's what I worked 50 years to earn.

• Like 2

Up at seven this morning and out driving with RoSPA, back at twelve and in bed by one exhausted. Up at eleven and wide awake, anyone know how to reset my cicadian clock?

• Like 1

This should maybe be  in the  'Help' forum but p'raps more likely to be seen here.

Oldest daughter has a recently built house with 3 toilets.  One ground floor, one in main bedroom  'ensuite' and one in 'family bathroom'.

Cistern in ground floor 'loo' is slow to fill.  As far as I can see it's a 'floating cup '  fill valve.  It seems to be filling slowly by water spraying randomly out from the top of the main fill pipe, where there is some sort of diapragm.

I couldn't get to the shut off valve  behind the cistern, as I'd need a stubby screwdriver which I didn't have with me... so could not dismantle the fill valve to see what's what.  Looked at one of the other loos with similar fill valve and they seem to fill by water emerging from the bottom of the pipe in the cistern.  All very measured and calm.. not like the faulty one.

I suppose my question comes down to :  1. Can the fill valve be repaired and if so how?  2.  Is it worth the bother as replacements seem to be £10-20 ?

8 minutes ago, Brew said:

Up at seven this morning and out driving with RoSPA, back at twelve and in bed by one exhausted. Up at eleven and wide awake, anyone know how to reset my cicadian clock?

14 pints of beer?

Ben.........Re. your earlier post.  I sure miss the numbers.

You might find one with a little button that says.  How're ya doin' sweetie?    Just gotta be careful you don't press it when standing next to a big guy.  Seriously, Hope you don't need it.

• Like 1

I only went 'for an hours powernap' and ten hours later.....

14 pints!? good grief. I'm out of my tree on less than two..... :faint:

• Like 3

Just finished a run in with the satellite tv co.

Those turkeys upped my bill by 25%. No warning no explanation.  So I told 'em what I thought.  Nicely as I could, I don't blame the agent she's just doing her job.  I'd hate to have to answer those phone calls every day.

Anyway told her we wouldn't pay and go back to an aerial if necessary.  Immediately she found a "promo deal" and could drop the rate $40  if we'd agree to another year.   I don't even watch the drivel anymore.  If it wasn't for Mrs. L they could take it out.  I said, "I'm always being told that 'this call is being monitored for quality assurance purposes'. Well I'm not getting on to you but this is for your bosses.  Have the courtesy and decency to notify us of a rate increase.  Don't just add it to the next bill with no warning or explanation."  

I've had it up to my ears with corporations nickle and diming you to death, except now it's in twenty dollar increments.  If we'd been daft enough to just pay they'd be laughing all the way to the bank.  Funny how they can come up with a deal when you threaten to quit.

• Like 3

Hit and miss day today. Set off for a drive out in the country. Got to the nearest ATM, and found I'd forgotten my wallet. Returned home, and the alarm was going off, so that was reset. Had a lovely French breakfast at the Cote Brasserie in West Bridgeford. Then tootled through villages in the Vale of Belvior, and returned via the Trent Valley villages. Delightful ? Well other than seeing the results of fly tipping on Hucknall Rd, Valley Rd, Radcliffe on Trent and then Woodthorpe Drive, yes it was. Although I found the pavements in West Bridgeford, filthy, stained and full of nub ends. 

Edited.... Just been informed that there's no e in Bridgford. 

• Like 1

Not missing much Ben. Although it could greatly be enhanced by a good clean up.

Worked in West Bridgford a lot over the years............Marsdens Boundary road,when i was but a lad,, and the older ladies seemed to take to their young Granville......:rolleyes:.....then Store Detecting in the 90's........many funny stories,,including a Lady of mature years,,who told me it was a pleasure to be 'nicked' by a lovely chap,...........lol.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I was having a cake and coffee a few years ago in Birds on the main st, and an old lady walked out of the Ladies loo, with a shopping bag full of toilet rolls. My wife and I looked at each other in amazement, and burst out laughing.

Although a bit tatty today, I enjoy the place, as its relaxing, and full of characters.

• Like 2

You just reminded me of the Marsdens on Boundary rd. Ben.  I saw quite a bit of it in the early sixties when the company I worked for wired the new grammar school just down the road from there.  Expensive area if I remember rightly.  I think the school became Rushcliffe Comprehensive or something like that.

Edited to add.   Why didn't you nick that lady with the bog rolls, Ben.  Sounds a bit shady.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Another funny one at Bridgford Coop...........bloke with a bull dog......nicked some whiskey.....and when stopped at the door by staff.....turned the dog on em,,snapping and snarling,,..........when i got to the door,,the members of staff said ''sort it Ben''.........thought what can i do''........then said to the 'dog' eh-up mate you ok ph ph,........the dog to my amazement squeeted in a friendly way and wagged its tail.......job done,, lifter nicked..felt sorry for the dog........it went to the police station with its owner,, actually got a round of applause from some customers.........lol

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Oh just remembered met the Late Clive Rice there,,the same day,, lovely chap was really pleased i recognised him and had a nice chat..........love 'rubbing shoulders' and name dropping............lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Seems a popular thing to do Ben.

• Like 2

Be glad it wasn't a Beagle, Ben.  They've got no sense of humor.

I used to watch the dog whisperer on tv a few years ago.  He said when your dog misbehaves don't yell at him.  Just turn your back on him so he knows you disapprove.  Right!  Thought Loppy, good idea.  Next time he acted up I turned my back on him and he bit me in the butt.  He meant it too.  They have sharp teeth.  I yelped.  Never did it again though, he taught me summat.  :biggrin:

• Like 4

Sorry Loppy, that must have been painful but it made me laugh! Kittens have a habit of climbing up your back which is also painful! One of mine continued to do it when a fully grown cat...even more painful!

• Like 4

Our kittens are a bleddy nuisance but they have exceedingly redeeming qualities. Have to shut them out of the room when getting dressed. Try putting socks on with a cat hanging on to them. As soon as a drawer is opened they jump in and grab whatever is being brought out. We lost one for four hours yesterday until his brother found him locked in a wardrobe.  Have to keep the toilet lids down before one falls in when trying to reach the water. Already had to replace conservatory curtains that the have wrecked; and now they are big enough to jump onto worktops :wacko:

Something Mrs PP said yesterday surprised me - the local cat rescue will not give a single kitten a new home when a sibling is available. They prefer kittens going in pairs.  

• Like 5

Loppy And Jil sorry it made me laugh too. Scratches of any kind are painful. Peveril P The antics of the kittens are exactly the same sort of thing my pups do. Cant find socks ? Look into their beds. Slippers the same.

I bring the washing in put it on the nearest chair because the phone rings when finished I look around and most of the washing is on the floor.

Loppy some people have just bought the house next door but one to us as a holiday home . They have a Beagle and for a while now we've heard this weird sound every so often. My daughter said that beagles have a strange sort of bark, more like a cross between a bark and howl. Is that right?

Its so quiet around here so any sort of noise breaks up the tranquility. We have 4 dogs with another one next door and about 9-10 stray cats so you can imagine the fuss when a cat trespasses , its bedlam.

• Like 1

My dogs were very attracted to socks when they were young. As well as collecting them, they would fight with them like some sort of prey. That made me think that they considered the socks as practice rats as both dogs have grown up to be expert ratters.

• Like 1