How's your day?

Are they rebuilding you, Ben? What was that programme? The Six Million Dollar Man? "We have the technology..." Our Ben's better looking AND he wears a liberty bodice!

Could you ask em if they've got a new thyroid going spare?  :Shock:

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

'Skipped' the last bits of the original 'bathroom' install today.  Huge relief to finally see the back of the old rubbish.

Then visited my daughter's and fixed one of her 3 loos by replacing a 'Siant'.. ( Siamp?) washer. Piece of cake.  The old one was split. 

Lovely to see my grandkids home from school. They seem to genuinely like seeing me. They'll learn..;) ...    Grandson got a really good report from school.  Grandaughter is just lovely..  Full of life.. funny and enthusiastic about everything. Still ended up with 3 minutes on the 'Naughty Step' though.. for pinching her big Brother's bag of crisps and refusing to give them back. All part of their relationship growing.  A year or so back he'd have just used his size to grab them back.  Now he is more gentle with her.. but she's still learning.  They love each other to bits really.  

Was a little fragile after spending the previous afternoon in the famous Philharmonic pub in Liverpool.  A change from the Cavern, but still great company. There was clearly a graduation ceremony happening at the nearby Liverpool University, as very many 'Cap and Gowned' young people were about.  Myself and Picko were deeply impressed by the numbers of very beautiful young ladies in attendance.... we admired their intelligence..... closely.

I should have had two 'Grad' ceremonies but missed both, for various reasons.  One day I'll scrounge up a cap and gown, roll up a bit of A4 in a bit of ribbon and do a selfie..

Tomorrow, I shall begin 'backfilling' the massive excavation in the back garden.  It's all good fun.

• Upvote 1

So sad Ian . There are too many fights or arguments that finish badly.

• Like 1

Take a look around, no discipline with a lot of kids these days. It's not PC to discipline kids anymore. It's a snowflake's charter. It will eventually all end in tears. Mark my words.

• Like 3

Went into Boots this morning to collect my thyroxine. It was very busy. A clearly confused elderly chap sat on a chair, looking totally bewildered. He said he was 86 and had run out of his medications. The lady pharmacist explained that she could provide an emergency prescription but there is now a statutory charge for so doing. In his case, it would total in the region of £70 for what he needed to tide him over the weekend. She encouraged him instead to call 111 and explain his predicament but he said he had no one to collect a prescription for him even if they issued one.

The pharmacist, bless her, said she would ring 111 on his behalf and try to sort it out. I don't know the result but I was really impressed by her willingness to help. It went some way to restore my faith in the human race.

So very sad that some elderly people have no one to help them. Most surgeries now won't accept repeat prescriptions via the phone, expecting folk to do it online or in person. There must be many who can't cope with all these changes.

• Like 2

Whilst waiting in my car in Tesco supermarket this morning,,observed a chap about 50,,sit down against wall,,apart from wearing 'flip-flops'' he was dressed quite normal not a down and out or anything,,he pulled a packet of cakes from a carrier bag and ate em all,,then a Banana,,and finally a carton of milk which he downed in one.......thought  ''whats he going to do with empty packages and banana skin''.........he placed em all inside his carrier bag stood up and began walking into Bulwell......Just as i was thinking nice one mate''...........he swung the carrier round a couple of times,,then let it go straight into the River Leen..............

Instant beheading ! No argument !

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Went into Boots this morning to collect my thyroxine. It was very busy. A clearly confused elderly chap sat on a chair, looking totally bewildered. He said he was 86 and had run out of his medications. The lady pharmacist explained that she could provide an emergency prescription but there is now a statutory charge for so doing. In his case, it would total in the region of £70 for what he needed to tide him over the weekend. She encouraged him instead to call 111 and explain his predicament but he said he had no one to collect a prescription for him even if they issued one.

The pharmacist, bless her, said she would ring 111 on his behalf and try to sort it out. I don't know the result but I was really impressed by her willingness to help. It went some way to restore my faith in the human race.

So very sad that some elderly people have no one to help them. Most surgeries now won't accept repeat prescriptions via the phone, expecting folk to do it online or in person. There must be many who can't cope with all these changes.

When I was discharged from the QMC last year they gave me a bag of tablets, insulin pens but no needles for the insulin pens. What a performance at the Doc's a complete & utter waste of time.

Mrs C spoke to the pharmacist at Tesco & he said don't worry we will sort it out for you & he did, bless him.

• Like 2

Been to the local church in Bulwell, free Sunday dinner to all comers, smashing bit of roast chicken, even had seconds ! Cherry pie & custard for afters.

Praise the Lord.

• Like 1

Roast beef, cabbage,broccoli,cauliflower,runner beans(home grown)ready about six
Prepared by me cooked by my wife don't know about wine though :P
Missed the boiled potatoes  :P

• Like 1

YES !

• Like 1

Oddly, there was more stuff dug out of the trench in my garden, than space to put it back..

But with a bit of hosepiping  and jumping up and down, I have it under control.......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My last 2 days  has brought some sad news for me. A cousin in Australia sent me an email telling me he may only have a few months to live and today heard from a nephew that he has to have a kidney transplant. Its left me feeling so sad.

Thinking of you and your relatives, nonna xx.   I do hope they have friends and family nearby to support them in the days ahead...

• Like 1

He has cardiac amyloidosis. He is into the first week of a four week screening to see if hes suitable for a clinical trial to test new drugs that are being used in USA , canada and Europe. Failing that a bone marrow transplant. Either way its not pleasant. Thankyou once again Margie. Xxx

It's true. There's nothing new under the sun. In Morrison's this morning, spotted a poster encouraging people to bring their own containers when buying food to cut down on plastic, packaging, etc.

It made me smile as I heard my dad's voice telling the tale of how he loved Friday nights as a child in Beeston. Carrying a basin, he trotted round to Dawes, the butchers, for faggotts* and onion gravy. Friday supper for the family! He'd also fetch jugs of cream from the dairy for his grandma. 

Let's go back to the old days!

*faggott, in this context, refers to a hot, savoury dish!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Many a faggott is a hot savoury dish some say ! One mans meat as they say.

5 hours ago, nonnaB said:

He has cardiac amyloidosis. He is into the first week of a four week screening to see if hes suitable for a clinical trial to test new drugs that are being used in USA , canada and Europe. Failing that a bone marrow transplant. 

I really hope he does get on the drugs trial - in desperate cases like this, I suppose there is nothing to lose by helping to trial a new drug and in so doing, eventually helping others.  Is he also on the list for a bone marrow transplant?  

2 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

It's true. There's nothing new under the sun. In Morrison's this morning, spotted a poster encouraging people to bring their own containers when buying food to cut down on plastic, packaging, etc.

Jill, I think Morrisons have double standards!  I alternate my online food deliveries with Tesco and Morrisons, and the latter ALWAYS deliver the shopping in plastic bags!   When ordering, there is no option - as there is with Tesco - to have it delivered WITHOUT plastic bags.   They also add on 40p for the 'Privilege'.  I told them on their post delivery survey that they should be more eco friendly about plastic bags but there was no response..

apart from that, I do like Morrisons.