• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

url=https://postimg.cc/image/e6kpisve5/]image.jpg[/url]

Think you'll believe this one.

• Like 6

Well we went outside at 9.30 and waited and waited, couldnt see anything. The night before the moon was really bright but I couldnt remember what time it was or in which position it was so we waited. Eventually we saw it but it was already covered. I'd been chatting to the grandchildren and hadn't thought to look beyond the trees:angry: But although we didnt see it all we got to see it . It was a bit faint though as there was a bit of cloud.

Before any uncouth remarks......the big red moon is usually turquoise.smile2

Finding it funny not working weekends.......miss many people mostly clients......bored out me brains,,on here too much,,but can't do much about it until i get my health problems sorted..........then back into living a proper life again,, 

• Like 1

Ben I've been retired for 5yrs now and a lot of the time I'm bored out my brainsl. It's OK if you are content in a garden, or fishing or any one of a dozen pastimes but I'm not.

Sadly the things that I enjoy most are rapidly becoming beyond my physical ability......  OK moan over....

• Like 2

Have you ever thought of learning a musical instrument, Brew.  Assuming you don't already play one.   They claim it strengthens brain cells and helps head off dementia.    I started at about 67.  Only regret is that I didn't start years ago.   I  do auto work, oil changes routine maintenance.  I enjoy my garden but I'm having to pace myself a bit more these days.  I just don't have enough hours in the day.  I'm wondering how I ever found time to work.  ;)

• Like 2
6 hours ago, loppylugs said:

I just don't have enough hours in the day.  I'm wondering how I ever found time to work.  ;)

A common phrase among my peers Loppy but on analysis it's because they take hours to do the simplest of jobs.  They tell me "slow down, there's no rush, we've got all day". 

I don't rush now days, I haven't got a decent rush in me but if something has to be done then get on with it.

I'd love to play music, It's one of my biggest regrets that I can't. I have mention here before that I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket and left hand long ago fell out with right hand and thus will not cooperate.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Brew said:

Ben I've been retired for 5yrs now and a lot of the time I'm bored out my brainsl. It's OK if you are content in a garden, or fishing or any one of a dozen pastimes but I'm not.

Sadly the things that I enjoy most are rapidly becoming beyond my physical ability......  OK moan over....

Same here Brew, if I took up fishing or watching cricket it would finish me off !

• Like 1

I stopped work several years ago and I’m less bored now than I’ve ever been.  For me, time definitely goes faster as you get older.

I don’t think I have an incredibly busy life, but the days and weeks fly by.  I’m always thinking things like    “….It’s already a week ago since I went there….it’s a couple of months since I did that…….it was last year when that happened”.   

It still surprises me to find that another day has passed and I’m thinking “where did that go, what did I do ?”.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I retired about 5 years ago too.  It took me a while to adjust.  It seems to me that you have to learn that you can largely do what you like when you like. I am very rarely bored, as there always seems to be something I ought to be doing.. or want to do.

I'm not bothered about 'routine'.  For example one of my neighbours is a very decent chap, but he drives me nuts with his constant clock watching. We occasionally go for a walk together and he will say.  "It's taken us 37 minutes to get to here.."  I'm thinking "I couldn't care less how long it's taken.  I'm just up for a walk."  He also pretty much insists that he and his wife have lunch at 12:30 and their evening meal at 6:00pm. I tend to be much more flexible.  I 'll have a spot of lunch between about 12 and 2, and evening meal anytime between 6-30 and 8-30.

What is bugging me however..  I'm trying to 'batten down the hatches'.  I have a number of projects that I want done.. Bits and pieces around the house that are annoying me. I'm making steady progress, but not fast enough. Get those jobs/alterations done. .... a couple of new carpets and some decorating too, then I'll call it quits.  If anything else needs doing it should be minor and I'll 'get a man in'.  Then I can waste my remaining time on more pleasurable activities such as gardening, trips out, listening to music etc. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Just read the sickening story of the polar bear who was shot and killed by a guard from a cruise ship in the Arctic circle because it reacted adversely to cruise passengers invading its ever shrinking environment. Events like these make me so angry. These creatures are not there for our entertainment or to be gawped at by paying audiences. They are a species whose environment is endangered and should be left alone or helped in an unobtrusive way to ensure their survival. Why can't man keep his distance and mind his own bl**dy business? There are too many people on this planet! We need less of em...and more bears.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Would have given you a great big like for your post, Jill, except for the last sentence.... I think there's still room for everyone on earth as long as the resources are used sensibly and animals' habitats aren't compromised, also the animals themselves of course!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Yes, winter's arrived today. Opened the curtains this morning - dull grey and miserable. Just like me. smile2

Phil., you need a couple of hours with some Nottstalgians on Tuesday. .... you'll never know if you'd enjoy it until you've tried it.  I'd love to see you...