How's your day?

Thank you catfan, so kind of you to find the song for me. The words are even more appropriate than I realised.

I'd lend you my hankie benj, but it's wet through, and my laptop and my sleeve and my cup of tea keeps filling up.

• Like 4
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Talking of which,,been babysitting all afternoon,,don't get me wrong love me Grandkids,,but i'll be bleddy glad when their Mam gets home,,i'm rate 'frazzled''...........little( s ) Beauty's,,don't often do it,, and to be honest avoid it when i can,,...........must go.........yes Grandads coming.........jeeze,,........lol

We had two of our grandchildren (9 and 7)  staying with us in the caravan for two days last week.  It was lovely to have them with us but it was tiring.... they are great kids but their energy levels are way above mine!

I'm looking after them tomorrow all day, also Friday, but while they're at home they do amuse themselves for  the odd half hour... so it's easier than being in the caravan.   They both like playing board games and always choose Monopoly to play first because I don't like it that much - little monkeys!

Really loved listening to that song - thankyou Catfan and Carni 

• Like 3

Melissa and Catfan, Seeing how long they could keep quiet....I don't think that would work with our two!   I know very  little children still like playing 'sleeping tigers' at parties and the toddlers that I know like the song about sleeping bunnies, but they only manage about 30 seconds with their eyes closed ...

I think it will have to be Monopoly, Scrabble, Othello and Yahtzee, followed by a bike ride round the village and ending up in the park for a picnic... as long as it doesn't rain!  

Sorry you've had such a trying day, Ian

• Like 1

Funny thing about Grandparents.........they tell us things that they would'nt tell their Mams and Dads,,i've now got grandkids in their 30s.who still tell me they remember telling me things that i never 'split on them for'' and must admit 'vice versa'' one of em tells me 'the things you said grandad i still think about'' he's in the Army and travels the world,,and makes me so proud,,the furthest i took him was Yarmouth..................

• Like 3

After playtime with their little pals there was always a prize for who could collect the most toys and put them back in the box. Strangely enough there always seemed to be just the right number of tubes of Smarties for everyone to win a prize

• Like 1

Just received email from Virgin Media my landline & broadband increasing by £3 a month.

Every year like clockwork it increases.

Thing is the BB is so good.

Would be impossible to better.

• Like 1

I'm sure you'll be haggIing then CF. I was with Virgin Media for a number of years with no complaints until I had a problem with intermittant service. It lasted for weeks and they were utterly utterly useless. Junked them for Talktalk on a 15 quid a month for bb and phone for 18 months. When that finished and they put it up so I moved to Plusnet earlier this year, £20 a month for 12 months with £50 cashback.

• Like 2

I've just moved to Virgin from PlusNet. The D/U loads are no where near what they claim but still far better than PlusNet.

Anyone see what happened at the island after the phoenix park and ride yesterday two blokes flat out face down in the inbound lane looked dead have seen nothing in the press police landrover was there but no ambulance it was all cleared up when i came back an hour later no police signs or anything

With speeds like this it will be hard to beat. Don't have a BT phone line so could be a problem.

What gets my goat is the above rate of inflation rise every year. Nothing to do with Branson he sold VM to the Americans years ago.

I may get on the phone & threaten to leave & see what happens, with my luck they will just say cheerio !

screenshot_18.jpg

• Like 1

Cloudy here .... again....  Miserable end to a stunning Summer.

Up early,down the farmyard for an hour,shot a few pigeons,good natter with the farmer, found out there is another trike rider in the next village,just phoned him up and we're off for a ride Thursday morning, back home now and just done egg and chips with bread and butter for me dinner, (don't tell Mrs P) time to clean my gun and get some snap ready for when Mrs P gets back from the gym

Rog

• Like 1

That's a seriously fast download CF. Mine is supposed to be 200 but various speed test sites produce figures between 65 and 85 with a fairly consistent 11 upload.

Not what I expected but far better for me than PlusNet.

The package is £25 a month for broadband and  basic TV. I also swapped to Virgin mobile for a fiver a month.

My Virgin Mobile went up to £6 per month from £5m a 20% increase. BB & LL with free LL calls anytime now £57 pm to £60 pm.

If this carries on I will have to send Mrs C out to work.

• Like 1

That's pretty good Mick.  You can call LL any time you want now.  :)

Edited to add.. ATT tried that on me.  I couldn't get them to drop the price but I did manage to get a faster internet speed out of them.  It has made a good difference.

• Like 1

Looking after the littlies today.  We played Scrabble, Twister (I was only the ' spinner' ! ) an emoji game which I didn't really understand and then the inevitable Monopoly.  We played the short game of this and I came last, but I don't mind....

This afternoon we went cycling round the village and then helped Paul start to demolish a lean-to, weeding and generally being helpful - well, in the case of the kids, chasing each other around in between carrying bits of wood and sweeping up, but they enjoyed it.

The apples on our fallen apple tree are getting bigger so the daily watering with waste water is definitely working.

• Like 3

Lovely day for you today then Margie.  I know you love looking after young children and you find lots to do to keep them occupied.  Wish we saw our grandkids more.  Ours are in Cyprus on holiday at the mo and daughter-in-law sent us a video of our 5 year old granddaughter swimming underwater, with eyes open.  So proud of her!  We taught our boys to swim when they were about 3, it’s so important.  Daughter-in-law was using an IPhone X underwater ........ I spilled wine on my husband’s phone, (iPhone 6) recently and wrecked it, he had to get a new one! 

• Like 1

Cloudy day turned nicely sunny and very warm this afternoon.  I'd just got me kit off for a bit of ray catching when I heard somebody somewhere giving a very good impression of vomiting himself inside out.

It turned out to be a young lad of 15 who was now collapsed outside a house a few doors up on the opposite side of the street.  My neighbour from opposite was already there and on her phone for an ambulance.

I went across to see if I could help.  He was in the recovery position and breathing.  An ambulance on the way, so I set about finding out more.  He'd come from a few miles across St Helens, visiting the lads up the street.  He'd apparently just gone into their kitchen, helped himself to a bottle of Vodka and downed about seven eigths of it straight, followed by a can of strong cider... all before Midday.  He'd then walked outside and thrown up violently before collapsing.

We were watching him and still waiting for the ambulance 30 minutes later, when his parents turned up.. having been called by one of the other lads.  They insisted on getting him sitting up.  I explained that the ambulance people had said to keep him in the recovery position and not give him anything to drink.  I also did my best to point out that he had drunk a dangerous amount of alcohol in a very short time.  About 30 units in fact.  Still, they insisted on getting him in the back of their car and taking him to the hospital.  Last I saw the lad was lying on his back on the back seat.  Very poor in my view.  What if he'd thrown up again?.. or worse?  And did they take him to the hospital?

My neighbour and I washed the pavement down.  I've heard nothing more about the lad's condition.

It struck me after that the parents seemed completely disinterested in the fact that their lad had helped himself to somebody else's  booze, as well as showing crass stupidity carting him off to hospital the way they did.

Most of us have our early brushes with the booze before we learn sense, but this was the worst case I've seen.

There was another one 20 years or more ago when my neighbours daughters were in their early teens.  Parents away and a few friends round, when another lot tried to 'crash' the party.  One was a tiny girl of about 13 who had apparently swallowed half a bottle of Vodka.  She'd collapsed on the front lawn which was wet and they came to ask me if I could help get her indoors.  I picked her up so easily I was gobsmacked.  She must have been about 5 stone.  Not much bodyweight to absorb all that booze.  I carried her indoors and shortly after she was another school holidays ambulance case.

Makes my first experience of drunkenness.. on three pints of mild.. seem quite tame.

• Upvote 1