How's your day?

I hope the parents did take the boy to hospital, as acute alcohol poisoning can be fatal.  Let us know if you hear anything more...

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Mrs P and myself had a bus pass trip to Newark this morning,lovely walk around the market then across to the river,crossed the river at Newark lock and had a walk upto the two wiers that I didn't know was there,called in at the sensory garden near the lock for a nice sit down in the warm sunshine,also found out that the "dry dock" alongside the river there is the largest inland waterway dry dock in the UK, walked back into the center of Newark for a cuppa and a short wait for the bus back home,nice one

Saw this narrow boat in Trent lock and it reminded me of someone but I can't think who

Newark_22.08_(5).jpg

and one of the Trent navigation building

Newark_22.08_(2).jpg

Rog

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

So when are you having a Nottstalgia party on your boat, FLY?   It doesn't look very big so it'll have to be a select few only!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Never one to look for a fight........probably why i mostly scored on a Friday night......lol

• Like 1

Margie, re my canal boat. I only associate with a select few, so there'd be no problem there .

• Like 3

It's 

4 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Margie, re my canal boat. I only associate with a select few, so there'd be no problem there .

Well, up to now, there's only Rog, Ben and me who seem interested... Need some more females, though.

The  boat comes from March in Cambs which is only a few miles across the fen from where I live... can be there in 20 minutes!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Oh alright Carni, we'll allow you in, but only on the condition that you'll be on your best behaviour. At least till the drinks arrive !

• Like 3

Here's a couple for SueB during last weeks bus pass ride to Newark, a nice walk down the Trent from Newark to Nether lock

Newark_Nether_lock_(1).jpg

Newark_Nether_lock_(2).jpg

Rog

• Like 3

FLY was driving honest........i was just serving Coffee in the ''Blunt end''.........thank-you Madam,thats 2/6...........

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, plantfit said:

Here's a couple for SueB during last weeks bus pass ride to Newark, a nice walk down the Trent from Newark to Nether lock

Newark_Nether_lock_(1).jpg

Newark_Nether_lock_(2).jpg

Rog

Looks a bit of a ''Sort'' if you don't mind me saying Rog...........

• Like 2

Phew! Just had the fright of my life (well nearly). having just got home from my (first cycle ride since my little procedure on Aug 6th). Sitting by our Patio Door enjoying a sandwich, feet on the pouffe, watching the birds just outside on the feeders. Mr and Mrs Blackbird and a young one, one little robin, only just beginning to show some red on its breast and various sparrows, taking baths and drinks from our bird bath. Very Peaceful!!!

All of a sudden out of nowhere, Chaos, the ' Robin Red' shrubs were shaking all over the place, ( just like a scene from Jurrassic Park) birds flapping amongst the branches, a dirty great big Sparrow Hawk hit the Patio Door about four foot from where I was sitting, tea and tuna sarnis all over me, a few expletives uttered, at the same time a cat scarpered off up the garden, we think it had something in its mouth (Murderer). All over in about two seconds.  I'll never be the same again. Where's mi tablets.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Mrs C & I have our forthcoming wedding anniversary soon, so I asked her what she would like for present, not too extravagant mind !

Take me on a cruise Catfan she said, so all done & dusted, just hope FLY is not driving !

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Take her down the Trent cruising to Colwick !

• Like 1

See if you can hire "FLY 11" Mick,or what about the Brayford Belle in Lincoln, £6.00 including a cup of tea for a 45 minute cruise

Rog

• Like 1