• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

1 hour ago, catfan said:

Take me on a cruise Catfan she said, so all done & dusted, just hope FLY is not driving !

No don't let him drive catfan.........i'll drive,, fly can work in the blunt end making Coffee,,think he'd make a good ''Barista'' lend him one of my Waistcoats,,..........

• Like 2

What about the Balmoral, sails from Llandudno around Anglesey and back,about five hours, back in time to have a few in Wetherspoons Llandudno

P1050331.jpg

Rog

• Like 2

Well mi ducks. We have had a busy day. Up at 5.30am, loaded the car up and  we were on the way to the car boot sale for 6.00am. We made £100 pounds between us, not a big amount I know but £50 of space each now in the garage. We still have most of our collection to sell yet, but wanted to get daughters sorted out first, so, not tomorrow (rain forecast) but BH Monday we will do it all again, pretty sure from what I saw today we should make that amount again. It is very unpredictable what people will buy, the things that you think will sell well come back home and the things you don't, go first?

I think we must be getting on a bit, I have been to sleep on the  sofa for an hour and now it's Hubbs turn on tuther sofa. He is making some strange noises? Bless Him. Time to cook tea, I need a burst of energy from somewhere. Perhaps when Hubbs wakes up, I can persuade him to have something that goes ding today. Hope So!:biggrin:

• Like 4

Nice trike ride to Lincoln this morning,a lot of the lanes around here have had that top dressing of chippings put on them so it was hard going until I got to the main road,once in Lincoln there was loads of people dressed up because it's "Steampunk" weekend people from all over the world and all dressed up in what you can describe as futuristic Victorian, everyone enjoying themselves which is great, on the way back home I rode past the "Lost Village" music festival that's on at the moment near to Norton Disney, plenty of loud music and no doubt everyone enjoying themselves in there,could'nt get anywhere near the place though because security men everywhere (thought of our Ben) anyroad back home now and settling down now with a coffee,only regret is I didn't have my camera, might go back again on Monday and make sure I have my camera with me, might even make an effort myself and wear a waistcoat with pocket watch and chain,cravat,white shirt,flat cap,shorts and boots, probably look a right prat but who cares

Rog

• Like 5

Brilliant day as usual, we went to the Lincoln Steampunk festival up town,got there in time to watch the procession go by, here's a few pics of the day

Head of the procession Queen Victoria

P1060855.jpg

I suppose Mrs Pankhurst was in there somewhere

P1060862.jpg

A couple for Catfan and Jill Sparrow

P1060864.jpg

P1060889.jpg

The cats servant told me the cat was eighteen years old

And a bit of posing for the camera

P1060877.jpg

Rog

• Like 7

Pleasant morning at an all age play and chat session at the church.   We had eleven adults and twelve children, and a good time was had by all.....no screaming, or squabbling!   Still took over an hour to clear up the toys and wash up though!  

Our youngest grandson (7) is a bit poorly - cough and cold and quite lethargic, so I went round this afternoon to amuse him while his mum worked on the computer.  We talked for a couple of hours about lots of things from a worm having 5 'hearts'  (he told me that and it was confirmed by google!)  bullfighting,  our respiratory system, the future of the planet - he had some interesting ideas -  , why there shouldn't be separate categories for male and female in sports such as darts,  and almost got to answering his question about why a baby will only start growing when there is a mum AND a dad involved.  He told me that a baby only starts to grow when a mum and a dad are living with each other.  We left it at that for now..... lol   Well, he is only 7.   I'd have happily explained it all to him but I think the actual details are better coming from his parents and school.  

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, catfan said:

A mum & a dad, clever lad ! Not 2 mums or 2 dads !

He did say that his two friends have two mums and not a dad, but didn't ask me how that happened!

8 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

Thanks Margie..You have reminded me comments made when i was small ...i could jabber..apparently...

Still can, Ian, still can.  Lol

• Like 1

It's that time of year once again. Went out into the fields last night and picked a couple of kilos of Agaricus augustus (The Prince) mushrooms for mushroom soup. Yummy!

43643597924_b00cae268e_b.jpg

• Like 1

Certainly look like Agaricus Augustus to me Compo.  My only reservation is you say you found them 'out in the fields'. and they are generally known as a woodland mushroom.  I've only found them in one conifer plantation in this locality.  Could they be the similar 'A. Bernardii' which is found in sand dunes and similar ground?

All above said.. it's looking like being a very good year for fungi, going on what I've seen so far.  Found a couple of beautiful Boletus Erythropus last week. ( Now renamed Neoboletus Luridiformis)  Nominally edible after cooking though I'm not sure I'd bother.

https://www.first-nature.com/fungi/agaricus-augustus.php

http://www.gallowaywildfoods.com/scarletina-bolete-edibility-distribution-identification/

Col

41 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

My only reservation is you say you found them 'out in the fields'.

A figure of speech deej.  They grow on a spot by a mature hedgerow where once was stored several tons of cow dung by the farmer. They grow very large, in small clumps and taste great! I have made a duxelle this morning and will make cream of mushroom soup with it tomorrow. If I don't get back to you in a couple of weeks time - say goodbye for me :crazy: One thing I always do when trying a mushroom for the first time is save at least one for the toxicologist...just in case.

• Like 1