How's your day?

Well done, Ben, it will take a bit of practice, but eventually will become second nature to you.   Just shows you can teach an old dog new tricks.   Lol. (Not that you're old!  You can't be as you're younger than me..)

• Like 2
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MargieH said:

Well done, Ben, it will take a bit of practice, but eventually will become second nature to you.   Just shows you can teach an old dog new tricks.   Lol. (Not that you're old!  You can't be as you're younger than me..)

Lol, Margie.. You might teach Ben some new tricks but there's only one old dog on here as far as Iknow. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Just used my new voice to the wife by phone for first time,,must have told her sumat nice,,she was crying,,mind you i was too,

You know what Jim Reeves says 'Put Your Sweet Lips a Little Closer to the Phone' Whatever you said benj, Donna will have loved it. 'I'm nearly cryin' annawl miduck'.

As Lizzie says 'Onwards and Upwards'  Grand to see you posting benj.:)

• Like 4
4 hours ago, IAN123. said:

All i know is that you have some resolve Ben..and to come on here and have the craic...shows character..after such an ordeal.. should make squabblers think on...if i was in Nottm young Benjamin..i'd be in wi' a bunch of grapes..and a mega coffee.

PS: Antionette is rooting for you too.

Cheers ian,,for the grapes and coffee,,but I'm in bleddy Derby,,   lol

• Like 2

Any day now thanks Brew,,they say as soon as I'm confident with a few gizmos, i can go,,so hopefully wont be long,

• Like 5

Thats really nice of you Brew,,and i know you mean it,, but ive got kids and grandkids fighting over the rite,,thanks again,

7 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

"We'll tell the man to turn the jukebox way down low."

But you must tell your friend there with you

He'll have to go.

Nice to see the old NS choir meeting up again, and in good voice may i add loppy and carnie,,one of big time favourites,,bet the same for many of our age,

• Like 2
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Cheers ian,,for the grapes and coffee,,but I'm in bleddy Derby,,   lol

I’d come to visit you Ben but I only know my way to Costco.  They do good coffee there, can you get a pass-out?

• Like 1

I remember the flip side of that single too, Ben.

'I Feel My World Caving in'.   sad song.

The car's not in its place out back

a suitcase missing from the rack

A note that says you won't be back

I feel my world caving in

My heart is breaking with the dawn

I should have left her alone and come on home..........

A lot of those old country songs were pretty sad.  Funny how you remember them.  I didn't even have to Google it.  Well on the way to sixty years ago.

Now where did I put my laptop?   :biggrin:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

I’d come to visit you Ben but I only know my way to Costco.  They do good coffee there, can you get a pass-out?

Passout for you Lizzie,,anytime,,

• Like 2

Cracking day out in Worksop, really good market on, over a hundred stalls, very friendly  Notts folk, had some laughs with some of the natives, as Ben says "plenty of eyup meducks and how do youth", sad to see a lot of the old fellas in wheelchairs or stuck in them mobility scooter thing with oxygen bottles strapped to the backs, all ex pit lads,done their bit now forgotten, still they have a sense of humour bless em, a couple of pics of the day

Worksop_12.09_(6).jpg

And this one on the wall outside the pub

Worksop_12.09_(9).jpg

Can't beat Notts humour

Rog

• Like 6

I was thinking about all those sad songs I was on about last night.. Was it just a young lad thing?

Roy Orbison did quite a few.. Skeeter Davis,  ' End of the World'. Don Williams. 'Sea of Heartbreak.'. A lot of the Everly brothers stuff.. Floyd Cramer,  'Last Date'. I know at sixteen I was afraid I would be left on  the shelf.. What nice girl would want me was my thinking?. Was it just me or were we all like that?

Whadya think, Ben.. you're the expert.. :)

• Like 1

You have a point, Jill.. Left on the shelf was a common expression in my young days. I don't think anybody meant it to be offensive.. it was just a reference to someone, male or female,  who would like to have married, but never found the right one.. It ignores th fact that some might choose not to marry.

• Like 2