• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

1 hour ago, loppylugs said:

You have a point, Jill.. Left on the shelf was a common expression in my young days. I don't think anybody meant it to be offensive.. it was just a reference to someone, male or female,  who would like to have married, but never found the right one.. It ignores th fact that some might choose not to marry.

Just pulling your leg, Loppy. Never wanted to get married and, even if I did, never found anyone I thought was suitable. There's an old Bette Davis film...Chulla would know which one...where she utters a line to the effect of, "I never spent 10 minutes in the company of a man without wanting to box his ears!"  :Shock:

• Like 4

Now now Lizzie, in this day & age of diversity any behaviour is acceptable so we are told or be guilty of a hate crime!

I'm thinking of dying my hair red what's left of it, seems to be in fashion just lately.

0_Gender-fluid-family.jpg

He/She is cheating, he/she wearing a syrup !

4_FEF5_C2500000578-6147827-image-a-35_15

• Like 1

God, what ugly women ! They are women aren't they ?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, loppylugs said:

I was thinking about all those sad songs I was on about last night.. Was it just a young lad thing?

Roy Orbison did quite a few.. Skeeter Davis,  ' End of the World'. Don Williams. 'Sea of Heartbreak.'. A lot of the Everly brothers stuff.. Floyd Cramer,  'Last Date'. I know at sixteen I was afraid I would be left on  the shelf.. What nice girl would want me was my thinking?. Was it just me or were we all like that?

Whadya think, Ben.. you're the expert.. :)

Great songs loppy, tobe honest wouldn't have minded which shelf i was on so long as ut kept moving,,:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Likewise, it's not just confined to Bulwell, Arnold or the estates, I saw similar in Chilwell and West Bridgford recently !

6 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

'we would get old' never loppy,,

You know what Ben? I’m absolutely thrilled that you are getting back to the Ben we’ve all got to love. You’ve been through such a worrying, serious, traumatic experience with your surgery, but here you are making us smile after only a couple of weeks.  Bet you’re sneaking on your phone after ‘lights out’ too, you’ll be in trouble, Hattie Jacques will be round in a bit.  Keep improving and hurry up back to Bulwell, your mates in ‘Spoons will be missing you.  

• Like 4

Thanks lizzie,,ive kept me down moods to one side,, got it sussed here for coffee espresso (nurses on the know) also sussed with male nifht nurse,makes very passable espressos from scratch on the ward,,had a set back today got an infection,so home delayed,   obviously got to know other patients,,and even thogh they from derdy/leicester still found work connections,,   God I'm bored. 

Ben a solution to stop you getting bored, make a list of the times you have fell in love, then write down all of their names also how many rings you have brought. That should keep you occupied forever, failing that describe all of the liberty bodices you have had or the waistcoats necessary for the modern man.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, FLY2 said:

God, what ugly women !

Fly, they abuse the privilege of being ugly, they certainly hit every branch on the way down when they fell out of the ugly tree

Rog

• Like 1

Well actually, they all look like 'husbands' to me !

• Like 3
9 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Thanks lizzie,,ive kept me down moods to one side,, got it sussed here for coffee espresso (nurses on the know) also sussed with male nifht nurse,makes very passable espressos from scratch on the ward,,had a set back today got an infection,so home delayed,   obviously got to know other patients,,and even thogh they from derdy/leicester still found work connections,,   God I'm bored. 

You could write your memoirs as already suggested, worrabaht The Confessions of a Bulwell Bacon Slicer !

Be a best seller.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, FLY2 said:

God, what ugly women ! They are women aren't they ?

FLY,  I think that's a horrible remark.... it really shouldn't matter what people look like - I'm sure many on  here don't have what one would call beautiful faces and bodies.  I am referring to men and women!    I would personally never refer to the outward appearance of someone as ugly as  I'm much more interested in what people are like 'on the inside'. ...."Are they kind to others?  Are they concerned for justice in the world?  Are their lives making a positive difference in some way.   That is real beauty.

To me, the 'ugly' people are the ones who only care about themselves and spend their little lives ignoring those in need.  Of course, there are also VERY 'ugly' people who actively try to harm others. (Although I do believe that even ugly people can change, by the grace of God.)

Right, , now I've got that off my chest, I can get on with my day...

I know that a lot of what is said on here is probably only banter, but words can still hurt, even if they are hiding behind 'only banter'

Love from your resident 'snowflake' xx

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, trogg said:

Ben a solution to stop you getting bored, make a list of the times you have fell in love, then write down all of their names also how many rings you have brought. That should keep you occupied forever, failing that describe all of the liberty bodices you have had or the waistcoats necessary for the modern man.

Do you realise how many trees they'd have to cut down, young Trogg, just to supply the paper for the names of Ben's girlfriends?  As for the rings, linked together they'd probably go once round the UK!

What a bloke, eh? Wonder if those medics realise what a phenomenon they've got on that ward? :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Oh Lord, what a start to the day. Yes Margie, it was a tongue in cheek statement, as many of mine are.