• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Still a couple of days to do here in RD,,getting a bit brassed off,so decided to practice my new voice out on nurses,,just a few one liners,,

That's it, send him home, he's fully recovered! If he stays there much longer, there will be a staff shortage. All gone off sick with broken hearts!

• Like 6

Had a good nights sleep after taking one of Mrs Cs homemade remedies, in bed at 8pm awoke at 2am another of her remedies & that was it until 8.30am ! Daren't ask what's in the remedy ! Whatever it is it works !

• Like 1

New two seat sofa arrived today for the small TV room, old one took outside and took to pieces,all components burned in the garden fire drum, while waiting for the delivery I sanded down the bathroom windowsill,undercoated it, then topcoat gloss when it was dry, wooden bath panel sanded down and painted,wetroom floor painted with special paint,went round the house with the vacuum cleaner, hung out the washing, cleared the fallen leaves from the back garden and chucked them in the remains of the fire,

Just put some oven chips in the oven together with a Ginsters Cornish pasty for me dinner, Mrs P will be home later so I'll do her something healthy, time to catchup on the website and emails, ready for a sit down now

Rog

• Like 2

Scared myself to death. Went to collect my boat that a mate has been looking after. He lives within half a mile and his house driveway is onto a busy dual carriageway. His twenty something son hitched up the trailer to my car. I needed to turn right exiting his drive which means having to go through the gap in the central reservation. This is tricky even when the near carriageway is clear because if something is coming from the left I would need to stop, leaving the boat stuck out in the path of traffic from the right. So my mate went out and stood on the central reservation where he could see traffic in both directions. After a while the road was clear and I set off quite smartly, just pausing to glance left when in the gap.  OOOOOweeeeerrrrr!!! as I exited the gap I was passed by my boat on my right! It was heading up the dual carriage way into oncoming traffic! I pulled off the road onto the grass and stopped, watching my boat sail down the road, and then a miracle happened. The boat steered itself into the next gap in the central reservation 50 yards away and came to a halt. Amazing, no traffic either way and I was able to hitch up and drive away. I have no excuses and realise just how close this had come to possible disaster. I just trusted the lad to hitch up properly - they keep horses and use trailer almost daily, but I should have checked. As I say, no excuses.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Frightening for you Terry,pleased you are alright, just the shock of seeing that must have shook you up,take care mate

Rog

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, poohbear said:

A braked trailer has to have the safety chain connected at all times...the penalties can be huge if the trailer breaks free and the brakes are not automatically operated.

You will also find that the instant a trailer breaks free it's uninsured...just hope it doesn't wipe out a Bentley.

• Like 1

Not a braked trailer (130 kg boat) but even so, the consequences to human life could have been horrendous. The insurance issue was not on my mind - more the damage to people. Yes I was lazy and did not connect the safety chain for a 500 metre run. Never to late to learn and hope others learn from my confession.. 

• Like 3

Taking the twin axle to the scrapyard this morning. Safety chain and welder at the ready :rolleyes:

Had a new combi boiler fitted yesterday. Heating engineer here til 10pm. He took all the copper and left the rest to me :angry: Still, got a lot more scrap iron to take to the scrappers. Always think of Jacky Pownall on Alfreton Rd when I go to the scrappers.

• Like 3