• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Be back in Bulwell asap,,don't know exactly when,,because ive lots of bits to get used to........and at the moment i feel as if ive fell out the back of a lorry on the MI...............LOL

• Like 5
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

..and at the moment i feel as if ive fell out the back of a lorry on the MI...............LOL

If you fell out of the back of a lorry, you'd land on some woman's lap! :rolleyes: there's going to be a big queue at the cardiology clinic when Ben leaves hospital...broken hearts. Need mending!

• Like 2

To everyone with ailments, strife and troubles, just remember that when darkness never seems to end, there will always be light to illuminate the walk of the roads we take.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

To everyone with ailments, strife and troubles, just remember that when darkness never seems to end, there will always be light to illuminate the walk of the roads we take.

Always carry a torch, to light someone else's way

• Like 2

Ben No matter how you feel now it can only get better. Youve just had surgery so expect a bit of discomfort but you'll feel great before long and you be able to get  back into the swing of things ( and make up for what you've missed :rolleyes:.) Glad anyway that you're home so recovery will be double quick. Keep well we are all rooting for you.

• Like 3

This morning it was a pleasure to read a lot of comments ( just like the " old "days) But theres a lot of members missing. I enjoyed reading to see what others were doing even if I wasn't interested but it was nice to read of those who I met in January. But I feel that something has changed. I know we're supposed to be reminiscing about Nottingham and quite rightly too but we have become a social outlet too and I for one feel I know a lot of you not even having met you.  I feel now that the group has become a photo albumn and although I have enjoyed the photos they are dominating the site. I may be wrong but I feel that that could be the reason why we are losing so many members or should I say why they dont  post as often as before.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels like this but what do others think?

We all have our days mapped out and come online when the opportunity arises and possibly NS isn't the first thing we think about. But members I hope you will all return and bring back the interest and joy we used to have here.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Went to my grand daughters birthday party yesterday out at Algakirk, bouncy castle type slide in the field, plenty of spicy chicken wings and chicken legs to be had as well as home made burgers in nice fresh soft rolls, loads of tea and coffee,squash for the kids,great weather out there in the wilds of Lincolnshire,we also had a low pass of the Lancaster bomber on it's way back to Coningsby,what more could you wish for, grand daughter now 7 years old had a great time with loads of presents and money put in birthday cards,every body happy, felt sorry for son and his missus though, they had over thirty children and parents in the morning to feed and entertain and another load including us in the afternoon,

Mrs P sat on a straw bail looking forward to a nice cup of tea, (little girl was one of the guests)

P1060920.jpg

Rog

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Went to my grand daughters birthday party yesterday out at Algekirk, bouncy castle type slide in the field, plenty of spicy chicken wings and chicken legs to be had as well as home made burgers in nice fresh soft rolls, loads of tea and coffee,squash for the kids,great weather out there in the wilds of Lincolnshire,we also had a low pass of the Lancaster bomber on it's way back to Coningsby,what more could you wish for, grand daughter now 7 years old had a great time with loads of presents and money put in birthday cards,every body happy, felt sorry for son and his missus though, they had over thirty children and parents in the morning to feed and entertain and another load including us in the afternoon,

Mrs P sat on a straw bail looking forward to a nice cup of tea, (little girl was one of the guests)

P1060920.jpg

Rog

Don’t wish to be pedantic Rog but it’s Algarkirk or sometimes Algakirk!

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

like the old days eh?..What do the other members think?

Making hay bails , Yes I'm all for it. Providing theres fine weather but Ian don't lower yourself in being sarcastic it doesnt go with your image.

15 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Be back in Bulwell asap,,don't know exactly when,,because ive lots of bits to get used to........and at the moment i feel as if ive fell out the back of a lorry on the MI...............LOL

No joking Ben. In my experience, all that lying about in hospital is exhausting. They are always at you for something and what with assorted kit 'pinging' away for hours on end it's difficult to properly rest.  Take it easy at home and don't rush things.  You'll be back on form soon enough..  :)

• Like 1

Today I will be mostly repairing the hole in the corner of the dining room walls and floor.  It's where the old and ugly internal soil pipe ran down through a 14" x 14" total overkill boxing.  The boxing was inch and a quarter thick plyboard, nailed onto 4"x2" timber, itself nailed direct to the breeze block with 5" nails.  A right PITA to remove and definitely a bit OTT for a 4" soil pipe.

I've fitted an external soil pipe and removed the old internal pipe and boxing. Have cut down and blanked off the old internal clay pipe to below floor level. but this has left an exposed damp proof membrane which I'm going to patch with a bit of 'poly film and strong jointing tape, then top off to level with cement.  I'm using Bostik Waterproof cement for the whole job. It's not cheap but not taking any chances with the possibility of damp coming up.

Next I need to move a couple of central heating pipes which were run down inside the old boxing but about 12" out from the corner.  I'll tuck them into about a 2"x1" boxing which will be much less of an intrusion into the dining room.  Finally, make good the now exposed bare breeze block, with plasterboard and a bit of Easi-Fill and repaint.

All of that 'faff', will create a space to accommodate a sliding door to the kitchen, when it's open.  And when the dust settles.. A nice new dining room carpet.

• Like 1

Dinner pots all washed and put away, just made Mrs P a cup of tea, today I did roast chicken again with steamed cauliflower,carrots and sprouts, mashed potato and hassleback potato's drizzled with chilli infused olive oil then sprinkled with salt and fresh ground black pepper, gravy made using chicken stock and a dash of white wine, nice one, been for a trike ride to the next village this morning to post a letter and stopped to have a natter with the local farmer, we discussed fitting a starter motor to his remaining beet cleaner, at the moment it has a swing handle which he finds a bit difficult since having a shoulder injury, I'll sort that for him in the week, another villager asked me if I could have a look at his old stationary engine because he can't get it to run, told him I'd be round on Tuesday, Monday is trike ride day and Bassingham coffee morning (might see you there Philmayfield),Wednesday is a full days trike ride with my ride buddy from the next village, Thursday we are off to Retford market and Friday is asda morning followed by a walk around the farmyard with the gun, phew, this retirement stuff is so tiring, better than working for a living though and the money aint bad

Rog

(think I got me spelling right) slywink

• Like 2

After reading the following you may agree with my son that i am certifiable. Two days ago my daughter in law and i were talking about people contacting you after death, she is a stauch believer in this white feathers and white butterflies. Later that night sitting quietly out of the corner of my eye i saw a circle of blue light coming from a shelf that held some of Alans bits n bobs must admit it scared me, i sat looking and sometime later it happened again. Thoroughly spooked i rang my son after telling him that his dad was trying to contact me there was a silence then he burst out laughing ....on the corner of the shelf there is an air freshner that emits a circle of light before the scent. When he stopped laughing he said where do you think Dad would have got a hold of a torch with a blue light and then decide to wave it at the ceiling, tomorrow i will spend his inheritence. His parting comment was when the lads are sitting in the middle of nowhere in the dark just waiting i will tell them about you and your light.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3