How's your day?

We tend to think of cats as fastidiously clean creatures but this dirty little bogger has taken to sleeping in his litter tray - even after it has been used!

42924662730_93a6580747_b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

3 hours ago, radfordred said:

Very really read any post above 2 lines, but love Lizzies post I'd give you 2 likes or 3 if I could.

Thanks RR, I try to write posts that may be interesting to lots of people and not just one or two regulars. 

It’s got people talking about a load of tripe anyway ....... not really unusual on here though! 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

It's perhaps nice and warm in there. I once had a cat that would only sleep on top of the tumble dryer. Even when it was operating !

• Like 1

Whilst on the subject of less than appetising foods are chitterlings still available in the UK? I remember the Coop butcher on WatnalRoad, Hucknall used to cook their own on Tuesdays and put them, steaming, in the window. The smell was absolutely revolting, redolent of a dirty farmyard.

Similar things (pigs and/or sheep intestines) are available down here and thought of as a great treat. Here, these disgusting things are stuffed into another piece of intestine and made into sausages called andouille or andouillette. I appreciate that real sausage skins are made from intestines but these are highly processed - the things described here are complete gut tubes that have merely been washed (from the smell of them, though, I'm doubtful about the washing).

3 hours ago, Compo said:

We tend to think of cats as fastidiously clean creatures but this dirty little bogger has taken to sleeping in his litter tray - even after it has been used!

In my experience, they ARE fastidious about their trays and any cat who was sleeping in a tray, whether clean or dirty, I would have looked over by the vet. It's concerning behaviour.

• Upvote 1

Phil not really local but tripe is sometimes on the menu at Deborahs restaurant. Alexs mum used to cook it with tomatoes, potatoes etc and Alex tried his best to tempt me . It looked ok but knowing what it was put me off. Deborah was the same as me but she had so many requests for it in her restaurant she had to cook it. After a while one afternoon when she was at home she said she' served so many dishes of tripe. She decided to try it and she loved it . But I still won,'t try it. I cant stand the smell. If anyone wants the recipe

I 'll find out for you or you can PM me.

Compo Our dog Misty did that when she was younger but the tray had the nappy pads in not litter. She often gets into bed with the two chihuahuas.

• Like 1

Lovely post Lizzie bet it took you back in time a bit listening to your aunt and imagining the things they did.

Went for another xray on my back this morning and one on my toe which I thought I'd broken.My scogliosis has changed slightly for the worse. L 1 to L5 , S1 are all damaged L3 is the one thats giving me the most pain because theres no cartilage. Seen the osteopath this afternoon , she manipulated my neck which was rigid and my spine .I felt so free when I went to fetch my car. I try to do my exercises twice a day as it does help. It will never ever be repaired but it can be controlled. I have bought a special chair that I'm trying to get used too. It's a Varier Balans Gravity. O

I can either kneel, sit,lounge, recline or sleep on it . Its very comfortable but to get back into a reclining postion , my legs dont seem long enough and my weight isnt enough to push myself without returning to former position:rotfl:

• Like 2

Pleased your osteopath’s treatment has brought some relief Nonna, I’ll certainly see about getting one of those chairs, I’m sure it would  help my husband’s lower spine problems, that he’s had over 40 years.  He was told before we got married 43 years ago that he had Ankylosing Spondylitis and the doctor wanted him to be a guinea pig to try to find a treatment for the condition.  He refused to take part as it would have interfered with his work commitments and even now in his mid 70s he still would not/could not commit to such medical tests and research because he’s still working, much like Alex.  Hope he carries on working too, he’d be a real pain if he had nothing to occupy his brain.  The boys appreciate his input too! 

He didn’t have Ankylosing Sponylitis anyway in the end, expect he’d be in a wheelchair by now if that had been the case. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes I know what you meanLizzie Your husband probably wouldnt know what to do with himself like Alex.Hes extremely tired but cant retire yet as the assistant chef is leaving to live with her boyfriend in Turin. Hes got an assistant apprentice but unlike the girl he cant be left on his own.A fully qualified chef of Alexs standard and reputation is proving very difficult to find. Alex has worked since he was 11 going out in the fishing boats with his uncle and being the eldest of 7 with a younger brother in hospital with tyfoid ( no national health in Italy) he had to work . He has only ever had 2 weeks off work since Ive known him so I think he deserves a rest . Hes never had time to have hobbies. His brain is continually in motion thinking up the next project. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nonnaB said:

Phil not really local but tripe is sometimes on the menu at Deborahs restaurant. Alexs mum used to cook it with tomatoes, potatoes etc and Alex tried his best to tempt me . It looked ok but knowing what it was put me off. Deborah was the same as me but she had so many requests for it in her restaurant she had to cook it. After a while one afternoon when she was at home she said she' served so many dishes of tripe. She decided to try it and she loved it . But I still won,'t try it. I cant stand the smell. If anyone wants the recipe

I 'll find out for you or you can PM me.

Thanks for the offer but I think I’ll pass on that one. I think tripe is probably eaten for its texture rather than its taste and that’s why it’s cooked in a savoury sauce. I’m quite happy to eat brains, sweetbreads and sheep’s heart (a favourite) but my wife won’t cook them and my culinary skills are limited so I only eat them if they’re on a menu which is rare these days.

• Like 1

A day full of appointments for me today.  Dentist and hygienist this morning. Don't know how Tipperary Man gets dental treatment for nothing, it cost me £80 just for a check-up and clean.  My dentist was pleased with the state of my gob though!

Then this afternoon I went to see my tummy consultant.  He's really pleased with the progress I've made in the past year and said that he reckons I will continue to improve over the next couple of years, however I'll never be 100% right after the two major surgeries I've gone through since May 2016.  He asked if I'd like to be 'signed off' but I said that I'd rather keep the contact with him going as a reassurance, a sort of comfort blanket I suppose.  I've been very lucky indeed, my condition was life-threatening prior to my first operation, but he didn't tell me at the time, only since!  I'll be back to see him for a reassuring chat in 6 months.  

Flu jab tomorrow too!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Just taken my first sip of Alcohol ,,since the doings,a nice smooth Baileys,,think its gone down all the right channels ,,lol

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Well done Ben. Love it. Just finished the bottle of Jack Daniels I had for my birthday. Might be a mite strong for you at the moment.

Anyway, brilliant !

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

I got the treament for nothing..because i am out of work..ill and have no cash to pay for the treatment...ok!! So if you wish to be personal...in your posts..keep some of that mouthwash tomorrow in!!!..a very nasty taste lately.

Ohhhh, hit a nerve eh?  So sorry you’re Ill, broke and not working Ian but at least I finally got a response from you.  My flu jab will be free tomorrow so I get something from all the contributions I’ve paid over the years.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Just taken my first sip of Alcohol ,,since the doings,a nice smooth Baileys,,think its gone down all the right channels ,,lol

Even after all you’ve gone through Ben, you can make us smile. Well done mate, I’m sure you enjoyed that and hope it helps you sleep well tonight.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Now then Ben...... What did the doc say about the dreaded weed. Taboo I presume !

Amazingly nowt''      didnt need to....,,two youngest Grandkids 3 and 5 heard my new Robotic voice today,,told em ''wore me old one out,,so went to hospital to have a new one''....they like the new one...........;)

• Like 7

Bless em. I bet they're fascinated with Granddad Dalek !

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2