How's your day?

7 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Look at all the money he's going to save by not smoking

Be able to buy himself a recumbent trike like what I did when I packed in smoking

Rog

Well done Ben

• Like 5
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Ben you keep those grandchildren close so you can hear more of their sweet thoughts. Kids say the most endearing and sometimes truthful things. Seriously Ben take care and dont overdo it. Tell you what ...take a recording of your new voice and post it. Im sure every one will agree that it sounds like a dalek.

" Ouch...sorry Ben !!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Bless em. I bet they're fascinated with Granddad Dalek !

Ben could be the new Stephen Hawking with this robot voice. He could say Ay up me duck and it will sound like he's sussed E=MC² so folks will think he's had a brain transplant too. Men with brains tend to attract the discerning ladies, especially when they've got cash to buy expressos!! :Shock:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
17 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

any cat who was sleeping in a tray, whether clean or dirty, I would have looked over by the vet

It's not a problem Jill. His tray is by the cat flap and there is a stray that is after his food. It looks like he is sleeping there to guard his domain. As for the vets...He gets his injections regularly and is inspected at regular intervals by both paid vets and vet friends with whom I worked for many years; so don't worry about his well being :)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Good thing they're as rare as rocking horse droppings then, eh Rog?  

Oooooooh!  I can just see Ben running after you yelling  Exteeerminaaate  Exterminnaate!!!  Lovely word, you can spell it anyway you want in Dalek. :biggrin:  Just kidding btw.

• Like 4

Been to mucky Mansfield this morning. Heard lots of people on their mobile phones. Couldn't understand a word. Serbo Croat, gibberish-itis or summat. Lots of people lolling around smoking nefarious substances and heaps of litter blowing round the market place.

Nowt new there then, surree! :wacko:

• Like 4

I despise litter and litterers and can honestly say, hand on heart, that I’ve never knowingly dropped litter, not even an apple core. I brought my children up to live by my rules and they never dropped litter, in fact their school blazer pockets had to be emptied regularly.   Anyway, this afternoon, walking back from having my flu jab (didn’t feel a thing!) I saw a council worker walking around Mapperley Park with a big refuse bag full of rubbish he was picking up from the pavements.  That was actually a first for me, never seen it before.  Maybe the item on EM telly last night has spurred the City Council to tackle the problem.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I agree entirely Lizzie, and luckily I often see them around here. They do a fantastic job under trying conditions.

• Upvote 1

Ditto Lizzie you should see my handbag and my car pockets , the ash tray is also full of paracetomol foil and sweet wrappers, visiting cards , receipts etc. My son and daughter are the same in fact my sons car is worse than mine ...with 3 children what can you expect.

Must go and tidy it up before the mosquitoes swarm in.

• Upvote 2

Took rubbish out, shall I take a photo? No don't think so. Now the car only needs a hoovering and a bit of spit and polish. Maybe it won't be neccessary if it rains as further down the road we always have a landslide so cars get just a teensy bit covered in mud.

Jill in our village we are the same with mobile phone calls. We have, Albanians, Marrocans, Rumanian, Macedonians, Croasians, Jamaicans , Senegalese, Nigerians, chinese, German and French and any one else that happens to land here. I'm certainly not racist but I think Italy has had its fair share of immigrants including some boat people. Some are really nice people . Its funny when I go to the local supermarket, its not very big but the assortment of different languages is amazing. The surprising thing is that some dont speak Italian very well but they know all the ins and outs of working , what wages they are entitled to ( (rightly) to what holiday they are entitled to, it puts the Italians to shame ( not quite but you know what I mean)

My mum had 4 different carers and not one was Italian. They were all lovely people especially the last one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Paul and I ran the Toddler Group this morning by ourselves -  18 parents and 24 babies and toddlers..... very busy but I think everyone enjoyed themselves.   We always sing songs together for the last 15 minutes... the parents always ask for 'baby shark' (look it up) and  the toddlers always ask for 'sleeping bunnies' so we sang both as well as some other songs.

Picked some of the apples from our fallen tree this afternoon.  Some of them are very big now as we've been giving the tree lots of waste water every day.   I'm going to feel really sad when all the apples are picked because the tree will then have to be sawn up into small pieces and disposed of in some way.   I think I'll have to go out somewhere  on that day away from the 'killing field'. I really love trees and especially this one...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Disturbed night. Woke at 0130 from a very vivid dream about The Manning School...that'll be a nightmare then. I blame young Trogg!

Spent some time on NS trying to erase the trip round the old alma mater. When I finally got back to sleep, was dreaming about our Ben. He was in a shop...Marsden's probably...and kept calling to me but when I went in, the bloke behind the counter had a full head of ginger hair!

Too much cheese before bedtime....:blink:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Sorry about the bad dreams about Manning Jill, I am use to taking the blame for most things, I am usually guilty, I only have fond memories of Manning but I cannot recall them on this forum. Us Bestwood boys always create problems where ever we go, Ben will soon be back in full flow re-energised by his new more powerful liberty bodice, watch out Bulwell.

• Like 2

Good grief Jill. Manning and a ginger. That's definitely a nightmare !