• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

10 hours ago, MargieH said:

Paul and I ran the Toddler Group this morning by ourselves -  18 parents and 24 babies and toddlers..... very busy but I think everyone enjoyed themselves.   We always sing songs together for the last 15 minutes... the parents always ask for 'baby shark' (look it up) and  the toddlers always ask for 'sleeping bunnies' so we sang both as well as some other songs.

Picked some of the apples from our fallen tree this afternoon.  Some of them are very big now as we've been giving the tree lots of waste water every day.   I'm going to feel really sad when all the apples are picked because the tree will then have to be sawn up into small pieces and disposed of in some way.   I think I'll have to go out somewhere  on that day away from the 'killing field'. I really love trees and especially this one...

Don't the women in your village have no housework or preparing their husbnds dinner when he gets homevfrom work ?

Instead of sitting around & drinking tea singing kid's songs.

Todays modern mothers don't know they are born.  

10 hours ago, MargieH said:

A brilliant start to the day. The bin men have returned our bins to the top of my drive instead of leaving then strewn over pavement. 

It must be something to do with their manager recently moving in a few doors down the road. Anyway, well done lads.

Also regarding litter. There was a large gang of orange jacket clad individuals collecting litter along the old railway embankment the other day. They had Community Payback emblazoned on the back of their jackets. Brilliant, get em grafting ! 

14 minutes ago, catfan said:

Don't the women in your village have no housework or preparing their husbnds dinner when he gets homevfrom work ?

Instead of sitting around & drinking tea singing kid's songs.

Todays modern mothers don't know they are born.  

Different world today Catfan,  different world. :biggrin:

• Like 1
22 hours ago, IAN123. said:

My first delivery of canaboid treatment arrived today..huge list of side effects

Side effects? Apart from inducing paranoia in susceptible people the real thing has no side effects...oh wait, I forgot...it affects memory too.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, nonnaB said:

We have, Albanians, Marrocans, Rumanian, Macedonians, Croasians, Jamaicans , Senegalese, Nigerians, chinese, German and French and any one else that happens to land here.

We have seven types of immigrants here: 

Homo Heidelbergensis

44779426881_58f1db0fb5_b.jpg 

Homo Rudolfensis

42968516080_d537be5eb8_m.jpg

Homo Abilis

29842732977_b85da1c52c_c.jpg

Homo Floresiensis

29842739217_36a4cfb7a8_b.jpg

Homo erectus

44729640322_f871f657ac_m.jpg

Homo Neanderthal

42968531780_e8ec492c78_m.jpg

Homo Sapiens

29842753607_99201a399a_b.jpg

No wait.....that's the locals. We only have a  small population of immigrants in Caithness; many of whom work in the hospital and curry shops. A few work in Dounreay but that's about it. Thing is...when it comes down to it, we are all basically the same - same needs, same wants, etc..

• Like 4

I have the boxed set of Cheech and Chong films and videos somewhere, Ian, along with two vinyl albums. :)  I may have mentioned it before but Cheech Marin has a facebook page - I'm on his friends list.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

.from what i can make out..it is hemp based

Do you remember the days of Moroccan Gold, Leb Red and Paki Black? They would have done the trick!

• Like 1

Picked up two singles for 50p each the other day at a charity shop:

1. House of the Rising Sun - Frijid Pink

2. Rain and Tears - Aphrodites Child.

Which was nice! :)

• Like 1

Ties are probably out since the"doings" but daughter bought me some "Cravats" today,, got hospital appointment friday,which will be my first day out,,

So shower,shave,and hit the world again,,best Guccies new Cravat,,maybe back in Bulwell town,,see me Geezer mates,,  

• Like 9

I had a nice silk Forest one Ben, that I won in a quiz at Basford Miners Welfare years ago. It's yours if I can locate it !

• Like 4
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:44 PM, MargieH said:

Paul and I ran the Toddler Group this morning by ourselves -  18 parents and 24 babies and toddlers..... very busy but I think everyone enjoyed themselves.   We always sing songs together for the last 15 minutes... the parents always ask for 'baby shark' (look it up) and  the toddlers always ask for 'sleeping bunnies' so we sang both as well as some other songs.

Picked some of the apples from our fallen tree this afternoon.  Some of them are very big now as we've been giving the tree lots of waste water every day.   I'm going to feel really sad when all the apples are picked because the tree will then have to be sawn up into small pieces and disposed of in some way.   I think I'll have to go out somewhere  on that day away from the 'killing field'. I really love trees and especially this one...

Hi MargieH

your post reminder me about when my daughter-in-law Nina  took her little boy to his first toddler group, the group were singing old mac Donald's farm, when it came to the noise the pig makes Nina  grunted, so loud " "No" "No" said one of the helpers you just say grunt, grunt, you don't do a real grunt. Nina did not go back again. So grandson had to learn the song at home. With all the grunts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mary, what a shame that your dil had a bad experience at her first visit to a Toddler Group... at our place, they can make whatever noise they want for the pig sound!   We are very laid back...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

My Friend decided to get the bus to go and see his very sick Brother in City Hospital yesterday. He got the 89 at Trinity Sq. area..he said it all went downhill rather sudden...the floor was covered with running liquid..all the seats were occupied by one person..aisle side...and the only other person..not on the phone was the lady driver..and a girl behind him..talking so loud ..to her Mother."Never again" he said..he would rather drive...the seat he sat on was very stained...sounds bad!

I aleays insist the owner of the bag on the seat to please move it, I intend sitting there !

• Like 1

Today I am going to paint some bitumen on my garden shed roof after the storm the past few days ripped off all the roof felt, got a new shed on order so todays repair is just a stop gap, we have trees down along the roadside,old trees that was in good health,shame to lose them, there has been plenty of damage to buildings and trees out here,not been out on the trike since Tuesday because of bad weather,did manage to get a small strip of land the other side of my fence strimmed off though,stops the long grass and old corn stalks coming through the fence, washing machine has nearly finished it's cycle now so theres all that washing to hang out while it's decent drying weather, then another load of washing to put in the machine, there's only two of us and I don't know where all this washing comes from, the machine is on nearly every day, anyroad on with the shed roof and raking up all the leaves off the garden now, catch you all later

Rog

• Like 1

Fill it with soft brown sugar, put a tap in the bottom and wait a few months, drink the liquid that comes out of the tap and forget any problems you thought you had

Rog

• Like 2

Been on my own all day........wife gone to wedding of family friend,,......keeps texting me every hour or so,,

first tx     how are you,,had food ?     couple of hours later.....you ok duck ?..........then you ok my duck ?.....could swear i could hear 'HIC' in the last text,, bless her think she's ready for a blow out.....lol.

• Like 5

Ordered a couple of Cravats today from ''Swagger and Swoon''......and did you know 18th October in Croatia is ''Cravat day''........lol

• Like 1