• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Had one in my teens along with a tweed hacking jacket and cavalry twill trousers, thought I looked the bees knees. No idea what others thought  :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'll carry it off far better than I did Ben so good luck to you..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Used to wear a Cravat on odd occasions in my teens,,with a sports jacket,,and when in a casual mood at weekends loved a neckerchief,,think its the Cowboy in my soul,,...............like a Rhinestone cowboy.......choir please   lol

• Like 3

He certainly was Oz,,saw him yesterday when he was young man,playing in a cowboy film with John Wayne,cant remember the film,,great singer and as you say good guitar man,,I'm a cowboy fanatic,,thought I'd grow out of it but at 73 don't think i will now. Lol 

• Like 1

My cravat, pure silk, wear it with a white shirt,tweed flat cap,black waistcoat with pocket watch and chain highly polished boots and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,shorts

I have a picture somewhere with me standing next to the junior penny farthing

P1060925.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

Brilliant last night, Forest won, Strictly back, a good curry, and Marstons Pedigree........ Oh, and no overnight rain !

Strictly ......... Was in this bar last night for the Joushua fight (I'm 2 hours in front) so it was gone midnight, in the main bar it was a "Afrolatino Party" (I asked) ..... Boy these dancing could have shown Beyonce & Joushua some moves ..... Didn't know where to look :crazy: 

The dogs are off to the beauty parlour later to have their autumn trim, ready for winter.

I have a busy week ahead as I'm being visited by the CEO and senior staff of the company who licence my patents. They are coming over from Canada and insist on staying in Monte Carlo. I tried to point out that it's not anything like what they see in James Bond films but, they insist - at €600 a night. Obviously, have more money than sense, only hope they pass some over to me.

1 hour ago, plantfit said:

My cravat, pure silk, wear it with a white shirt,tweed flat cap,black waistcoat with pocket watch and chain highly polished boots and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,shorts

Ey up, our Ben, you've got some serious competition here!

My maternal grandfather always wore either a bow tie or a cravat. Never recall seeing him wear a tie. Winged collars, hat, gloves, walking cane, highly polished shoes. He was a stickler for smart dress. Always a flower in the button hole too. I don't know what he'd say about today's dress standards...or lack of em!

• Like 2

Oh well, in for a penny in for a pound, yours truly minus cravat, looking a total idiot before I took the cycle to the village fete

P1060804.jpg

Please don't laugh and please forgive me for spoiling your Sunday lunch

Rog

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

When I've worn the knees out in my work trousers I cut them down,sew up the hem with my sewing machine and hey presto shorts, recycle and re-use

Rog

• Like 3

Yes Jill,,often wear shorts,,but only in the garden or on holiday,,and when i used to bike.

Intend to get back into my early morning bike rides,,once i'm feeling up to it,, and shorts will be back on,,

Used to go for a quick burst at first light every morning,,probably only about 4 miles,,but it set me up for the day,,

• Like 3

The dogs seemed oddly self-satisfied when they returned from the hairdressers yesterday. Usually, they are in a mood after such 'trauma'.

Off to the airport shortly to greet my Canadian visitors and transport them to Monte Carlo. I suppose I'll be acting as a tour guide for a day or so - none of them has been down here before. Imagine - a tour guide in a wheelchair!

• Like 2

Certainly is. Only hope it's working to full advantage when it comes to the business discussions later in the week. What I'm wanting really is for the Canadians to buy me out completely and, obviously, this has to be at the right price.

• Like 2

Didn't start off too well, next door neighbour has decided to get the log burner going again, smoke coming through our bedroom and bathroom windows, both rooms stinking of smoke, had to close the windows, no good talking to the woman because a few years ago when I mentioned the smoke to her she just told me "talk to the f*****g council, which I did and have been doing for coming upto seven years this years,any road up thats my moan over, getting the trike out for my local villages ride and call in at the village hall in Bassingham for their coffee morning, the sun is shining,it's a bit chilly but who cares it's good to be out, catch you all later

Rog