How's your day?

I've got a large yellow diver's bottle for charging my Rapid 7. It must be full of air because I can hardly lift it! On looking I've just noticed it was due for retesting in 2011. I don't seem to do much shooting now though. The Theoban looks very similar to yours with a scope and silencer. I've also got a laser sight. I do have an electronic chrono. to make sure I stay legal. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I know the Theoben rapid 7 quite well, not made any more unfortunately, my brother in law had one for many years,I think the earlier version could be adjusted to increase their power output, the Theoben Fenman (springer) was a favourite with gamekeepers at one time,don't know whether it still is (NBL would know), my R10 is regulated so every shot has the same power, mine also came with BSA lifetime free servicing so well worth the money considering what gunsmiths charge these days

Rog

Yes the output on this can be adjusted with an Allen screw at the rear. I had to adjust it with the chrono some years ago when I overhauled it and fitted new seals. The screw is now blanked off so there is no temptation to make it into a FAC weapon. I run at at around 11 foot pounds to be safe. Just out of interest I have an old BSA .22. It must be 60 years old. I’ll give a clean and a lubrication and see what that’s putting out. Not dieselling after oiling of course.

I restored a BSA Cadet Major some time ago, new main spring,new seals etc. rubbed the stock down to a lovely oil finish, sold it for very little £70.00 collectors want them as if they've never been touched,pristine condition, get some pellets for it and use it

Rog

If it's a beech stock just lightly rub it down with some fine wire wool and then wipe it with a bit of stock oil, I was told once that "walnut oil" from Asda is best, that was after I spent a fair bit of money on Parker Hale walnut stock oil,three times the price

Rog

sorry member's but this is how's your yesterday.

Went to john my cousin's  cremation Wednesday it was at Gedling Crematorium now I don't know if your like me, but I had never heard of a Crematorium at Gedling, so put post code into "flossy" and found it just a short ride from Traveller's Rest(pub)  This Crematorium put Wilford Hill's to shame. It was built one and a half years ago, now I know Wilford Hills is old but last time I went to a cremation there the heating was not working and they could not get the gates to close, maybe the council will spend a little money on W/H, and update it. Any way back to my cousin, as you walked in there was a song coming from the CD then there was a story all about his life, next a bit of classical , followed by the Lords Prayer next because he had been in the Sherwood Forester's they had a old comrade  playing The Last Post. The we had Mario Lanzor

(not sure of spelling) 

It made a change from a Religious Cremation , it was a pleasant day to say goodbye but if it was non Religious why was the Lord's Prayer said?

Don't take this the wrong way as it must have taken quite a while for the family to sort out the Cremation, as you only have half an hour to say goodbye to your loved one.

• Like 1

The Canadians are still here. We all dined in Cannes yesterday at my friend's seafood restaurant. They want to go to a real Provençal restaurant for lunch so we're going to a little place in Mougins where Picasso used to live and eat. The restaurant is little known to outsiders and it is said that Picasso never paid for his food there, he just did a drawing or sketch instead.

Tonight I'm taking them to  Restaurant Alain Llorca in Colle-sur-Loup just outside St Paul de Vence - in my view the best restaurant in the region - and it's Provençal cuisine.

I hired a 7 seat SUV to fit us all in during their visit and whilst I'm by no means a petrolhead, I'm very impressed with it. It's roomy and my wheelchair fits in very easily. Seriously thinking about getting one

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Up bright and early as usual,trike ride around local lanes,about 8 miles in all, called in at the doctors for my monthly prescription tablets so it looks like the doctor has given me another month in this world, lol, had a coffee when I got back home then dicided to trim the Acer tree in the front garden,the leaves are turning different colours now so it's brightened the front up a bit which is nice,,raked all the leaves up off the back garden, there a great big tree in the corner of the field and it delights in shedding it's leaves on my garden, bought three big lemons from Greens the village shop ready for my Sunday baking binge, might make a sponge cake as well as the lemon and wiskey drizzle cake, for the Macmillan sale in the village hall,time now for another coffee then get stuck in making a few more spokes for the penny farthing cycle, nip round the bungalow with the vacuum cleaner then sit down for half an hour before Mrs P gets back from the gym (or is it Jims?)

Have a great day everyone

Rog

Earlier this week an Extraordinary meeting of the WW Household Domestic Effects, Chattels and Maintenance committee was convened. Item on the agenda; a new house number plaque. Investigations were made using junk mail brochures and on-line sales sites. Mrs WW saw and suggested buying an on-line one at £30. Mr WW insisted that he could make one from items stored in the 'might-need-this-one-day' reserve. It was explained by Mr WW that a suitable wooden  background could easily be made with chamfered edges and corners, sanded smooth, suitably stained and varnished and brass numbers attached, all of which were already available at no cost.  This was overridden by Mrs WW, who has the authority of two votes. Meeting was adjourned while a £30 plaque was ordered from an on-line site. Report back when affixed to house.

The convening of this meeting was in no way influenced by the fact that two neighbours had recently installed new number plaques.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

I'm with you all the way on this WW, here's my attempt at customising a house name plate, as you can see it's been relegated to the shed

P1060930.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

I do recall some 'wag' on the Telly explaining that his house name.. 'COBWEBS' was actually an acronym for 'Currently Owned By Woolwich Equitable Building Society'.

• Like 1

Sunny and warm outside.  Probably the last such day until next year.. so I am 'sacking off' the D.I Y for the day and going ray catching instead.

:tanning:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, plantfit said:

And mine is owned by me

Rog

As is mine.. by me. :)

• Like 1

I'm renovating my parents' old dining suite. I went with them to choose it in 1965. I wanted a different one but they had their choice...well, I was only 7 at the time! They chose an oval gateleg table and wheelback chairs. I wanted a refectory table and ladderback chairs.

I've always liked it but it was starting to look a bit tired so a bit of cleaning,  sanding, staining and waxing has made it look a lot better.

1965 is probably the most recent date for any piece of furniture in my house, apart from white goods. You can keep your latest biscuit jointed cr*p.  The old ones are the best!

• Like 2

I think the most modern furniture in my house (and it's not really furniture) is the piano which is dated1980 - that came with the property though. All the other stuff apart from utilitarian items is old French 'Belle Époch' some of which was here when I bought the place, the rest I have acquired over the years.

The myriad of so-called antique and junk TV shows in the UK would have a field day at my villa.

Before any vultures read this and descend (not Nottstalgia members, of course) none of it, apart from the piano, is of particular value - there is an awful lot of that type of furnishings around here and it's still being made in the traditional way even if they now use electric equipment for construction.

2 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

I used to love those MFI diagrams..and the Eastern Germans leaving an essential screw out of the pack.

Used to work in the stores for a large engineering company with its own assembly area. Often used to add 1 extra screw or component and watch the assemblers trying to find out where they had missed something. My excuse is I was only a lad at the time and that sort of thing tickled my sense of humour back then.

• Like 2