• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Every ten years or so, as and when needed, I reupholster my Victorian chairs, using matching fabric. They will last forever. Once tried to put olde English, black & white webbing and 8 guage springs on a modern chair frame. Wouldn't take the tension. It split the timber! DFS rubbish!

• Like 3

I have had a very steady day today, up early though and we were at the Asda in Hykeham just before six o clock, shopping done and all put away by seven fifteen, time for a cuppa before Mrs P took off to the gym, I raked up all the leaves from the garden again after last nights wind,another couple of wheel barrows full,came in and had a bit of breakfast,cereals today,didn't fancy bacon or owt fried, went round the place with the vacuum and did the cob webbing,spiders are everywhere at the moment, is there any truth in keeping conkers around the house to keep spiders away? there's plenty of conkers round here and the kids don't seem to bother with them, anyroad after a bit of work in the shed it was time to come in and get dinner ready for Mrs P, just had a shower so it's time to sit down for a while now and chill out,

Hope you've all had a great day

Rog

Did think about that Lizzie, we don't see much of the kids in the village, I suppose there are some, when I go to the coffee morning in Bassingham (next village down the road) I see some toddlers with the child minders, very well behaved they are, the village hall has two big plastic storage boxes full of toys for them to play with including those little car type things, towards the end of the morning the children always put the toys away, good kids really, but you don't see the kids in our village, we have a park with slides and keep fit apperatus,football pitch and a zip wire, only ever seen about four kids on there and that number grows 50% when two of my grandkids come up, still what kids there are don't hang around the streets like they tend to do in the cities but it would be nice to see kids in the fresh air, sign of the times I suppose

Rog

• Like 1

Our grandchildren and other children in the village still like the excitement of finding conkers under the tree.  I must admit I still love finding a conker peeping out from its spiky case.  They are SO shiny then, but after being in the house for a day or so, they go dull.  They don't play conkers as such - just collect them and keep them at home in a basket (until they don't bother with them anymore and their mum chucks them out!). 

Something I've always wondered .......can horses eat horse chestnuts?  

• Like 1

Never seen them eating them round our way Margie, plenty of horses and plenty of conkers,I suppose if they did eat them there wouldn't be so many conkers about

Rog

2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

You’re a little treasure Rog!  Maybe kids aren’t allowed to play with conkers these days, due to Elf and Safety?!  

Liizzie    that just a fallacy dreamed up by jobsworths, the same as a Council who started chopping down conker trees because kids might throw sticks up the trees to get conkers, and conkers might fall on their heads. In one town the H&s people organised a conker competition on a local park to try and show people it is allowed.

lizzie Liked the look of that ''conker coffee liqueur'' ......so much so had me first drink since one Baileys the other night,,.......looked at what was in the cabinet......decided on a big Vodka and Orange........bloody lovely.....cheers Lizzie............:rolleyes:

Cheers to you too Ben, I bet your Vodka and Orange went down really well.  I’ve tried the Conker Gin, it’s good but I can’t say I know much about gins!   Hope your recovery is going well. 

• Like 1

Thanks Lizzie,, not been posting much,, only time ive been out is to Hospital appointments,, don't want to come on here talking about them just get on everyones tits,,..........still logging in to see what's gooing off though,,not much it seems at the moment ?.......aiming for trip into Bulwell monday i hope,,wife as to drive not up to it yet,,can't twist me neck far enough yet,,be nice just to have a coffee in 'Wetherspoons' and see me old mates............

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Just back from Luxembourg Ben. Glad you're on the up. Sorry I didn't bring you any Duty Free.

• Like 1

Take things steady Ben, slow but sure you’ll get there.  You’ve been through such a major operation, yet still get on here and make us smile.  We’re all willing you to get fit again, you know that I’m sure.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Lizzie, thanks very much

Fly,, no your'e not.......lol

Hope you enjoyed Luxembourg 

Ha, ha, I couldn't carry it Ben. Yes, good weather, good food, good beer, and ready for my next one now. Take care.

• Like 1

Good frost this morning out here in the land that god forgot, shed roof white over, first signs of Goose fair weather maybe? out on the trike in a bit,not too far as I'm expecting a mate of mine to come over, known him for years,he used to be a fitter for Volvo construction equipment, great bloke and a good friend,

Mrs P has lost her bus pass again,another tenner up me shirt as they say, applied for another one on line yesterday,what a performance,no longer get them from the council office,they've changed offices and no one seems to know where to go, don't know how some of the oldies go on if they don't have access to a computer.

Mrs P is going to try out a new gym this morning,she used to go there before but heard about the one she's at now was a bit cheaper, like I said to her "you only get what you pay for" it turns out the one she moved to has hardly any machines and not many women members,in fact she says she spends most of her time there on her own in the womens section,this new one costs twice as much but has plenty of classes and loads of women members,

Thats about it so far so ,have a great day everyone

Rog

First day home after a week in Luxembourg. Back to my own comfortable bed, nice pillows, soft toilet paper and proper milk. Not some disgusting liquid that tastes like baby sick !

• Like 1

Not ever having eaten baby sick, I know exactly what you mean - it's the same here.

I do have good soft toilet paper and some nice pillows - they're square, not rectangular like British ones.

The only fresh milk I've had in Europe that tastes anything like reasonable is what they class as Demi. Our equivalent of semi skimmed.