• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

The colour is changed for me but not the banner.  It used to be the colour was a sort of brown and tan.  It would switch to mostly black and white once  i logged in.  now it looks like that before I even log in at all.

I don't think I've seen any change today, but I'm not sure if I'd notice or realise.

However, people of a certain age might remember when Nottstalgia used to look like this...when the style and format was much better than it is now.

OIs7nO1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

CT I like the existing  format just as much as the old one.  My default is set to 'Unread content' so I don't have to do endless scrolling through all the posts (including the word games etc) to find something I haven't read yet.

• Like 2

I've just done a bit of sleuthing and have discovered that the banner and light background colour is the format when I first get on NS, as soon as I sign in  it goes back to the usual colour minus the banner again. No problem, only an observation. It gives me summat to do.Just call me Mrs Sherlock Holmes.:biggrin: 

• Like 1

Summat else anorl.... the avatars are all now circular, at least on mi Kindle, can't be bothered to get the laptop out to see if that's the same. Nowt to interest me on telly tonight (then again there very rarely is) so back to the old acoustic six string and some ragtime blues!

In this format, avatars have always been circular for me. It seems that everyone is seeing their own personalised version of Nottstalgia.

I'm now wondering what else I'm missing...or what I'm seeing and no-one else sees.

• Like 1

just played with the themes and in default and facebook mode the avatars are circular and the banner is showing at the top but not in old school mode 

white is too bright on my eyes so i stick with the old school theme 

i see the dreaded mobile one has been removed lol 

31 minutes ago, Enigma. said:

just played with the themes and in default and facebook mode the avatars are circular and the banner is showing at the top but not in old school mode 

white is too bright on my eyes so i stick with the old school theme 

i see the dreaded mobile one has been removed lol 

I've just changed to Facebook mode and I'm now circular with a white background... ...don't like either, so I'm changing back to 'old school'.  

Why is it called Facebook mode I wonder cos my Facebook looks nothing like this!

I've realised I'm using 'Default', but I must've set that a long time ago and I'd forgotten.

For anyone who doesn't know the trick to changing the appearance of Nottstalgia, look at the very bottom of the page and click on the word "Theme".  You'll then get three options, and you can change them to your own choice.

bf1EhsC.jpg

..although you might not see that if you're using a phone or tablet or various other possibilities.......

Just looked at the progress of Hurricane Michael, which appears to have hit Georgia before being downgraded to a category 3 storm. Horrendous damage to property in places. Hope Loppy and family are alright. Hold on tight, Loppy!

• Like 1

Yes I'm white background too and its starting to hurt my eyes. Although my eyes are sore to start with. Maybe I should rest them instead.

13 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Just looked at the progress of Hurricane Michael, which appears to have hit Georgia before being downgraded to a category 3 storm. Horrendous damage to property in places. Hope Loppy and family are alright. Hold on tight, Loppy!

Thanks for your concern, Jill.  As you can see we are all still here this a.m.   I don't know about the rest of Ga. south of here.  I'll check the local tv news in three hours.  I think we dodged a bullet again.  There is no damage here apart from a few plants knocked over in the garden, which I can stake back up.  I woke up at 3 am. and the wind was howling and the rain was lashing the house.  No thunder and lightning so the dogs slept through it.  Three inches in the rain gauge.  

I think we were on the extreme northern edge of it.  I'm thankful for that.  From the newspaper accounts this morning this one was quite extreme.  They seem to weaken to a tropical storm once over land.  This one didn't and went through Ga as a cat 2 or three.  Winds up to 140 mph.  I'll up date you a bit once I know more.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

The way things are going in this country, Brew  I might need a bunker for more than hurricanes.   :Shock:

Well I watched the midday news.  It looks like south Ga took a beating but they didn't say a lot about it.  They mostly focused on Panama City and Atlanta.  PC looks like a war zone.  Said to be the strongest hurricane in fifty years.  Atlanta had a lot of downed trees and power lines.  Actually  I was surprsed our power stayed on.  It usually goes off at the first hint of wind or rain.  Thankfully there are next to no reports of death or injury.  it is now sunny and hot again.

Edited for spelling.