• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I'm 8 hours behind y'all so just niw reading about your health worries. Hope all goes well Carni, most likely by now you're all sorted? 

My daughter when she has her hair  trimmed and a colour it costs her €80 mine costs me 35 €

I have just been catching up on all of your posts. Wonderfully uplifting. I can't imagine there is another site on the internet with such supportive members, you really do me good, and make me laugh when I least feel like it. I wanted to quote parts of so many posts from you all but I don't know where to start so a big thank you all so much. I wish I could say my hospital visit went well, but no such luck. An attempt was made, using local anaesthetic, it was not happening so I have to go back for General anaesthetic, which has its own risks because of my heart problems. A big BUT....I still have options. I have avoided saying what my problem is, you really don't want to know Haha.

Benj, sorry you have had to go back in hospital Miduck, I hope the professionals can get you back on track asap.

Our condolences to Donna, you and your family on the passing of her father.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Carni sorry things didnt go too well today but try not to get worried about the next time. Its amazing what a cream cake and a bar of choccy can do. ( shhhh I've just had a delivery from British corner shop, mostly crunchynut cereal for mum but  I ordered 3 tins of choccies for me. Christmas you understand:rolleyes: Keep ya chin up miduck.

• Like 3

NO THEY WON'T JILL. "

They might last me til the end if October. Oh and I have 4 Terrys chocolate oranges to get through so lets say mid November

• Like 1

That's all well and good Den, but have you seen some Beeston inhabitants recently ?

I have today, and some are still sporting mullets for goodness sake.

£4 00 for a hair cut well what can one say?

are we talking mens hair? is the customer charged for what is taken off or what is left behind?

Even if its gents or ladies even unisex this salon is under cutting himself. Give him a year and his/her salon will be up for sale.

I always cut Hubbys hair about every five weeks so no charge, around that time ,seeing as I have a simple style , I just book in for a dry trim.£10.00. On Wednesday I thought I would spoil myself and go for,shampoo, cut and blow dry. £28.00. Not a lot by todays standards, but a shock to this Dinosaur. Being the owner of dry hair I can get away with about four days between washes, so today it gets a wash. The shampoo and blow dry on Wednesday has cost me the extra £18.00 for four days. Back to my dry trims for a tenner for me, I think.  Living on a budget these days.:rolleyes:

I have always cut Paul's hair and also cut my own, but because my eyes are getting worse, I accidentally cut my knuckle when I was doing my own a couple of days ago!   

I hope your knuckle doesn't give you to much grief Margi. I quite often get a V shaped nick when I'm doing my hairdressing duties and they can sting sharply. No chance of doing my own. I have tried, but looking in the mirror and trying to cut hair is not easy. I end up with a very asymmetric look.  Interesting, but unintentional! I do have a little trim myself but mainly the fringe area. That does for me. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mary1947 said:

£4 00 for a hair cut.......

Give him a year and his/her salon will be up for sale.

Not so sure Mary , our local barber with his son , operates out of a tiny rented corner premises in the town centre . He charges OAPs £5 and think it's £6 for younger ones . 

He has people waiting outside at 7.30 am in the morning and they are on the go all day . Very little in expenses apart from a sharp pair of scissors and its all cash payments.

He lives in St.Ives and next year is retiring to his villa in Spain , so don't think he has the wolf at the door .

• Upvote 2

Nice to see some old stuff resurrected Cliff. Thanks.

As this hair subject carried on I began to think I have been ripped off. Down in the village this morning I began asking the locals about their hairdressing arrangements. It turns out that none of them goes into Grasse, as I did, but to various small surrounding villages where, if there isn't a proper hairdressing salon, one of the local wives has a small hairdressing business.

I can't believe that having lived here all this time, I was unaware of this. All the time previously I've had very long hair which has always been trimmed by myself. It is only now (that I'm thinking I should look my age) that a neat short, cut is necessary.

Anyway, all done and I have some clippers on order from Amazon to avoid further gross expense.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DAVIDW said:

Not so sure Mary , our local barber with his son , operates out of a tiny rented corner premises in the town centre . He charges OAPs £5 and think it's £6 for younger ones . 

He has people waiting outside at 7.30 am in the morning and they are on the go all day . Very little in expenses apart from a sharp pair of scissors and its all cash payments.

He lives in St.Ives and next year is retiring to his villa in Spain , so don't think he has the wolf at the door .

The Inland Revenue have reciprocal agreements with Spain. He’s not out of the wood yet!:biggrin: