How's your day?

My dogs, both males, seem to get along well.  Bailey is always pushing for affection.  probably because, I suspect he didn't get much as a pup.  That makes Jake growl if Bailey pushes between us.  According to Mrs. L Jake howled like a baby when I took Bailey to the vet's for a nail trim recently.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Lionesses killed a male lion at Yorkshire Wildlife Park near where I used to live. Rangers went in but they killed him before they could get to them. There weren’t any cubs. It was very sad as they were rescued from appalling conditions in Romanian zoo. 

I am at home in Gateshead and the wind is frightening so bad that i am unable to sleep, by the noise i am sure that i no longer have a back gate and the numerous plants that were in tubs are now non existant. It is a long time since the wind has frightened me but with a lot of furniture being removed it seems to be in every nook and cranny and whistling like a demented drunk on a mouth organ. The dogs are both fast asleep so i will make myself a coffee and maybe join them.

I live in a victorian terrace house, you yourself also live in an old property you will know the odd noises they can make. My neighbours garage roof is in my yard, mine is still in place !!!!!!  the roof is off the outside toilet (just as well not in use) and my flower displays are gone probably out of my demolished back door and in the lane.  Have heard nothing from Mum so things for her must be ok.

Good grief, Gem! It's windy here but not severe enough to cause damage...yet. I see wind speeds are predicted to increase later on.

Sorry to hear of your problems and hope you can soon get them fixed.

Main worry for me is trees of which I have many and in high winds on dark nights, I tend to be anxious!

6 hours ago, Gem said:

I live in a victorian terrace house, you yourself also live in an old property you will know the odd noises they can make. My neighbours garage roof is in my yard, mine is still in place !!!!!!  the roof is off the outside toilet (just as well not in use) and my flower displays are gone probably out of my demolished back door and in the lane.  Have heard nothing from Mum so things for her must be ok.

Stay safe Gem.  we didn't have damage like that when hurricane Michael went just to the south of us a week or so ago.  Hope your mum is ok.

Thank you Loppy,  my neighbour has collected his roof and also made a temporary repair to my gate i think the toilet is beyond repair. I think our problem is that we face a large park so there is no cover from the wind, although this is the first time we have suffered structural damage, Mum is happily tucked away on the yorkshire coast with no wind problems. Thankfully the wind has dropped what will be next SNOW........

• Like 1

Spent most of the morning chasing leaves around the front garden. Everytime I got them into a pile there was a gust of wind. Eventually rounded them all up. Sure the tree across the road was watching and waiting for me to go in so it could unleash a load more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I waited until early evening, then mowed the lawn, and got them up and binned ready for the last collection next week.

I've a massive Black & Decker one, which blows and sucks. The blowing facility is brilliant for blowing leaves off my drive onto the pavement.

I've no trees at the front, and the come from across the road, so they're definitely not mine.

• Like 1

We’ve been away since Saturday, dread to think what our garden looks like after just a few days of Council Street tree leaves blowing in.  This time of year is an absolute pain in Mapperley Park.  As for leaf vacuums, no good for us, one of those wouldn’t touch our fallen leaf problem.  

Sod the vacuum Lizzie, get a massive blower, off your drive and straight onto the road. Hey presto...... Council do the rest !

Do that already, but have to make sure the Council road sweeper truck isn’t anywhere near.  They get a bit upset.  We have a petrol blower, collect into those big bags that sand or top soil are delivered in, drag out to the road and let the Council deal with it.  We average 17 Frank Key bags dumped in the gutter each year :biggrin: Just found this from a couple of years ago thumbsup

7-ED10630-92-F8-49-C7-A2-DC-710384-A9-DA

• Upvote 2

Those blighters don't rot down that easily either !

IMG-9d1ee4b951e45cb5abfb65c02b8802de-V.j

After the dreadful weather i have lately i would like to share this spectacular sunset taken today, my idea was to show the skyline but sort of missed the houses.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Sing along to slow blues....hum.hum..de hum...

Woke up this mornin feelin quite fine...hum hum de dum...

Octogenarian! This is my time...  hum, hum.....

Cards were arrivin, an bottles galore. hum hum...

What can a man wish for? hum hum de dum...

Nothin much more.... hum hum de dum..

Rowin machine there to test my resolve..hum hum de dum dum....

Broke sweat.... but good for my soul. hum hum de dum....

Birmingham called for a hearing upgrade hum hum de dum.....

Spare parts fitted and not afraid.hum hum de dum...

Tuned up nicely and can hear every sound..dum dum de dum...

That is.....until it's my round...  hum hum de dum...

Pub in evnin, drinks are on me...hum hum de dum

Wow! lots of friends, glory be... hum hum de dum...

Advice to the youngsters...'just be yersen'...hum hum de dum...

Yey! born in Nottingham where e men were men...hum hum de dum

Just need a tankard in the old Bell....hum hum de hum

To toast to that wonderful Nottingham Gel...hum hum de hum

• Like 9

Suppose I must get up then. I've been stalling. this morning. Off to my second home ''NHS' for 10.45am pre op assessment.   Date set for Nov 6th.  Think i'll get hubbs to tek me somewhere nice for lunch afterwards. Feeling very very mardy this morn. One younger sis in hospital poorly at Nottm, my  older sis having major surgery here in W-ton tomorrow and my turn on the 6th. BUT.  we have got the fabbo NHS to look after us. So many people in the world don't have anything. So i'll shurrup now. There.....towd yer I was feeling mardy today! :)

• Like 9