How's your day?

Sorry to hear that Gem.  Yes, our Bailey is black   If I get up to go to the bathroom during the night I walk very slow with my feet close to the floor.  He's supposed to be in his bed but you never know.

I hope your wrist heals quickly.  Glad the dog's ok..

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Gem, I'm so sorry to hear of your accident. It happens very easily, especially with cats who can be at one end of the house one second and under your feet the next...stairs are the worst and I've stumbled many times as I tried to avoid them when they ran in front of me. 

My sister is just recovering from a broken wrist so I've been hearing how frustrating it is...dominant hand too.

Hope the pain is not too bad and you're soon on the mend, Gem.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Here’s your viaduct Nonna!  I took this as we left Castagnole in Feb 2016.

0-E504-C9-D-858-E-4-FAF-8240-E482343-FF6

I see that it was still raining ! Not quite like the day before or rather the night before. That was when I was waiting for you to go for a coffee and you were waiting for me in a different  place I was so sorry to have missed you but the market that day was a bit crowded.. 

• Upvote 1

Gem so sorry about your wrist. Hope it doesnt take too long before you're able to use it. All our dogs are small so its easy to trip over if they want to do a quick uturn. But up to now all theyve  had is a sore toe. If I get up during the night I hang on to furniture as I'm terrified of falling especially since mum broke her femur.

• Like 1

Lizzie, Loppy and Jill thank you for you good wishes, am taking pain killers so they are helping. Its good that neither dog bothers about going out my neighbours grandson is going to take them out for their walk after school. I don't mind the cast its the black eyes that make me look as if i have been in a fight, i collided with the hall table as i fell.

Thank you Nonna, got a text from my son saying if you'r to mean to put lights on buy a torch.........such a caring child.

• Like 3

You're not on your own, Gem. If I get up in the night, as I do frequently, I never put any lights on either.  Sometimes I tread on things the moggies have been playing with. The other night it was a spiked hair curler! Goodness knows where they found that. A few nights before that it was a squeaky mouse. Made me jump!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, nonnaB said:

I see that it was still raining ! Not quite like the day before or rather the night before. That was when I was waiting for you to go for a coffee and you were waiting for me in a different  place I was so sorry to have missed you but the market that day was a bit crowded.. 

We had a great time on that trip Nonna and the meal that Alex cooked for us in your restaurant was fabulous.  It was certainly worth the journey in a wet and snowy February and we’re  hoping  to get back there again one day.  

• Like 1

Jill and Gem, where we live is pitch black so we have night lights in the bedroom then we switch the lights on to continue the route.My mum had 2 night lights plus a torch....under her pillow, another one under her pillow and the count goes on.  She had 6 torches in her bed at one time inall sorts of sizes and she still fell.

• Like 1

Bailey has two rope toys that he likes to chew on.  If you step on one of them it hurts even if you have slippers on.  Thankfully he doesn't bring them in the bedroom.

Gem.   I don't mean to make a joke of your injuries.  I'm glad they were not worse, but if anybody asks about a black eye you can truthfully say.  the dog did it.  ;)

Edited to add.    Jill.  I swear Bailey teleports.  one second he's standing next to you the next he's gone and you never see or hear him.  He just shows up someplace else.  If you are outside it can be right across the yard among the trees.:biggrin:

• Like 2

Loppy.  Masie is also very fast and would go very well with Bailey,  many times i have shut her in a room not realising she was in there. Tommorow the family who are renting my house are coming to see which of my furniture they would like me to leave, i had thought dark glasses may hide my black eyes but my friend said you either have a dirty mark on your face or you are starting to bruise. So before any one looks embarressed i will say "the dog did it" that should be a conversation starter.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Jill and Gem, where we live is pitch black so we have night lights in the bedroom then we switch the lights on to continue the route.My mum had 2 night lights plus a torch....under her pillow, another one under her pillow and the count goes on.  She had 6 torches in her bed at one time inall sorts of sizes and she still fell.

I had a wonderful idea a couple of years ago to have small LED lights with movement detectors dotted around the place so that we would be able to see any obstacles that had been left scattered around by the dogs.

Before very long the dogs had learned that moving around made these lamps come on so they seemed to spend half the night chasing around the place -probably having a good laugh to themselves at causing my discomfort.

Lamps removed after a few days and consigned to the shed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The other day I couldn't find Lily ( the mischeivous one) I looked everywhere and was beginning to think that my DIL's father had let her get out without seeing her she's so fast. She was nowhere to be found. I had been ironing and thought I bet I know where she is. Putting clothes away she crept into the wardrobe. She didnt bark or cry and didnt even answer the clicker, the little monkey.

• Like 1

Today is my first day as a non smoker. Steam cleaned the carpets, changed curtains in front room and if it doesn’t move have sprayed it with febreeze, dogs got a bit worried and escaped into the garden. Got chewy things in fridge at least I can eat more for time being as my thyroid is overactive and am still waiting for medication to be sorted out so don’t have to worry about putting weight on at moment. I know it is not a good habit but I did enjoy a ciggie especially after a meal but needs must I suppose. It is getting very expensive, my brand had gone up to £8.35 for 20, can remember when they were five shillings for 20 which shows how old I am, so just 20 a day can mount up. On the bright side Phillip Hammond won’t be getting the tax from me which makes up most of the price, sometimes wonder what would happen if everyone stopped smoking he would have to get it back from somewhere. I really want one at moment so I am going to empty the last few boxes from my move, found my laptop but can’t find the cable so will look for that, obviously I have put it somewhere safe but not with the laptop. Perhaps it will be easier tomorrow:ohmy:

• Like 8

Best of luck SG, I wish I had your will power to start stopping smoking, if that makes sense, I have tried numerous times but failed, will you give us updates on how you are going, it might encourage me.

• Like 2

Stavertongirl, 4 more posts and you get promoted! You can then see things in the PRIVATE Members only discussions threads, like meet ups. Well done you got there quickly.

• Like 1

I certainly will do trogg. It is a case of having to give up I am afraid due to a health condition. I have a vape pipe but don’t like them, just not the same so I am afraid it is cold turkey for me. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, trogg said:

Best of luck SG, I wish I had your will power to start stopping smoking, if that makes sense, I have tried numerous times but failed, will you give us updates on how you are going, it might encourage me.

Well Trogg and here's me looking forward to a smoke with you out back at Wethers some time soon,,  lol.

Only joking mate,,i can proudly say 'not had one since 27th August''  mind you could still kill one,,........

edit,, don't recomend packing up my way...........lol

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

All the best SG.   I'm sure you are doing the right thing by giving up the ciggies.  I also believe that going cold turkey is the best way - we finally gave up about 1980 by doing it this way.  We'd half heartedly tried to give up previously by 'cutting down' but I found I was just clock watching all the time to see if it was time to have another!  I finally just told myself that if it was bad for you, then why should I keep doing this to my body.  I decided I was a human with a brain capable of making decisions and keeping to those decisions.  It was surprisingly easy when I made that final decision to never buy  cigs ever again ("just in case it got too difficult and I 'needed' one!) and to never ever to smoke again.   I admit that in the beginning I didn't have a coffee break in the mornings for ages because it seemed pointless without having a cigarette.... same in the afternoon.  I took our dog out for more walks as well.   Whenever I had a craving, I just did something positive until the feeling passed - I didn't dwell on it.  It look a few weeks before I really felt I was now a non smoker but I really dislike the smell of smoke now.....

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, katyjay said:

Stavertongirl, 4 more posts and you get promoted! You can then see things in the PRIVATE Members only discussions threads, like meet ups. Well done you got there quickly.

It's all the dog talk Katy.   They give us a lot to talk about.

• Like 1

I used to be what some people refer to as a "social smoker"  (although I never used the phrase myself).  I'd only smoke in places like pubs or certain events and locations, so I averaged about 20 a week, and after more than 25 years I never increased that frequency.

I stopped about 10 years ago when I was told I had high blood pressure. When I went to my GP to get something for that, I knew the first question he'd ask....so I just stopped there and then and never looked back.

Although looking at today's prices, I think that might have stopped me by now.

• Like 7