• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Our useless cats are still sniffing around the pantry but they are too late. These useless cats that have cost us almost £2000 in vets fees and insurance have not been able to catch a mouse. Yesterday I bought a mouse trap. Well, two really since they came in a twin pack for £2. Baited them up with some peanut butter and 3 hours later one was tripped. Problem solved. What a lesson in cost efficiency. £2 for traps that work in 3 hours vs £2k for cats that didn't work in 3 months!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

PP. your mousetraps may catch the mice your cats can't but......who snuggles up to you for a cuddle tells you its hungry and follows you around because they love you.  Not a mousetrap !!!  no contest..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

When I had the Canadians over a couple of months ago I hired one to be able to carry them all around comfortably. I was very impressed - not least that it would easily accommodate my wheelchair without having to collapse it (which is a pain in the butt). I've had some modifications made to suit my needs e.g ease of access as I can't bend very easily and suchlike.

It's coming at about midday (11-00 UK time). I'll report back!

Remember those pictures that used to appear in the weekend supplements where if you stared at them long enough they resolved into a 3D picture? Well, whilst staring into space this morning waiting to wake up properly, I discovered I could do it with our living room rug! As that is likely to be the highlight of my day, you can see what a saddo I am!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

who snuggles up to you for a cuddle tells you its hungry and follows you around because they love you.  Not a mousetrap !!!  no contest..

One of my cats doubles as a furry hot water bottle in cold weather, whilst ginger moggie is a podiatrist. He licks my feet and chews my toenails if he thinks they need cutting!  Sometimes he gets a bit over enthusiastic and bites my toe!  Yes, they cost a lot in food and vet fees but they are worth every penny.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Yesterday a neighbour gave me a pumpkin. Today I'm making some gnocchi but the only potatoes I had are a bit waxy and not really suitable as the pumpkin is also on the watery side even though its been sieved. The resulting dough is sloppy and the gnocchi wont form to how I want them so I'm leaving the dough to dry out a bit so that I can give them the form they deserve. Hope they dry out in time for lunch. The rest of the pumpkin I've put in the freezer , next I want to make some ravioli with pumkin and amaretti. 

Now that I feel better its all go go go. Fed up of doing nothing or very little.

1 hour ago, AfferGorritt said:

Remember those pictures that used to appear in the weekend supplements where if you stared at them long enough they resolved into a 3D picture? Well, whilst staring into space this morning waiting to wake up properly, I discovered I could do it with our living room rug! As that is likely to be the highlight of my day, you can see what a saddo I am!

I'm intrigued.... what did you see in your rug?    

I know what you mean, though, but just thought it was my rubbish eyes playing up!

Having a right Grumpy day today............but must admit feel better after venting my anger at some IDIOTS,,

all my own fault really...got up late and...i had let my Parking Permit expire at City Hospital,,

First to get it was chap in a 4x4........my ticket was rejected and had to back out,,chap in 4x4 started beeping and shaking his head.........told him with the aid of my ''talking thingy'' to go and make love to himself,,,

I didn't know where to renew my Permit,,,and time was running out for my appointment,,eventually saw a sign''Security and Parking''......Security man said ''why you let it run out ?'' couldn't believe him and told him same as 4x4 man,,cut a long story fairly short,,eventually got a form from him,,but made him fill it in,,due to my shaky hand/finger. 'time running out now,,hate being late for owt,,so went down a one-way street the wrong way to get to my parking area,, got out me car and some clever-dick'' said to me ''do you know you've driven down a one-way street the wrong way ''?  ''YES'' said i,, now go away''..........eventually got to my appointment on time,,and shared my experience's with the lovely staff in there..........Same as i said all my own fault really but must admit enjoyed informing a few Assholes about the sens,,...........

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, AfferGorritt said:

The pattern appeared to be floating above my pyjama’d leg until I moved my leg, when it went back to normal.    Wonder if there’s a commercial opportunity here?

Are you sure someone hadn't spiked your drink with LSD ?

• Like 2

Bit of grim news here.  I'll try to make it concise.

On sunday after church my right foot felt like it had gone to sleep. I dragged it to the car.  Then I had a hard time getting the key into the ignition.  Probably shouldn't have driven home, but I managed it safely.  During the afternoon I tried to play the organ.  I couldn't.  Right hand fingers are not obeying brain.  Gave up!

Went to the doctors on Monday a.m.  Had bunches of tests.  Blood pressure and heart rate high.  Yesterday I went for an MRI on my brain.  (Apparently I still have one)  Came home with a CD full of pictures to take to the doc when I go for more tests today.  Pesky thing won't play on my computer so I couldn't sneak a peek..

Btw.  I'm making more typos than usual.  I'm trying to correct them but some sneak by.

I'm telling you this not to elicit sympathy  but just so ya'll know whats going on.  I personally suspect a small stroke and I think my doctor does too but he will not commit himself until all the tests are in.  I don't blame him.

I am keeping cheerful.  I don't feel ill in any way except for the dragging foot and disobedient fingers.   Ears still flap and tail still wags.   I tried the organ again yesterday afternoon and did a bit better.  Still too many mistakes though.  I'm able to drive ok so don't have to get mrs L to drive me to appointments.Though she's fussing at me a lot.

That's about it.  I'm hoping for a good outcome, but if things go South Mrs L has my password etc. she has instructions to let ya'll know.  I'll keep you posted as I learn more.

Dave

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Keep positive loppy,  we're all rooting for you !

• Like 1

So sorry to hear of your problems Loppy.  As further encouragement, my husband had a TIA in his 50s but was more severe than what you’ve described, requiring admission to hospital for a few days.  He was on Warfarin for just a few years but managed to get off that.  He had no lasting effects really but his memory was ever so slightly affected.  Wishing you all the best and hope for a quick full recovery.  

• Like 1

As Jill said, it certainly sounds like a TIA.   If it is, you'll be prescribed meds you know!   I know you don't like to take meds, but I reckon in this case it might be the right thing to do...  

Love, thoughts and prayers from us both x

• Like 1
2 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Yesterday I went for an MRI on my brain

Hello LL, I'm sorry to read of your worrying health events. I also had a stroke in 2005 and though your symptoms and also mine didn't show all the classic symptoms as shown in the TV adverts, you could well have had a slight stroke . An MRI confirmed my main stroke, but  even years after, I still have partial numbness in most of my left side. In 2016 I had another heart procedure, all went well but four days later I had two TIA associated events in my right eye, best described as looking through crumpled cellophane paper? I'm telling you my story in the hope it gives you some peace of mind miduck. These days so much can be done LL, I am living proof of that. Warfarin or one of the other blood clotting medications will help you through. I hope you get over your ordeal quickly LL and I hope you  can get that right hand to obey and tinkle those ivories again soon. Take it easy and wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Oh dear, LL, not what anyone on here wanted to hear, I hope you will get sorted soon and they get you on some meds. Sending positive thoughts! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MargieH said:

As Jill said, it certainly sounds like a TIA.   If it is, you'll be prescribed meds you know!   I know you don't like to take meds, but I reckon in this case it might be the right thing to do...  

Love, thoughts and prayers from us both x

Thanks Margie.  I have to agree with you on this one.  Better a bit medicated than dead.

I just got back from the doctors office.  Ultrasound of the heart and Carotid arteries to make sure no blockages there.  The tech said all looked good to him but a cardiolgist will review it and report back to my doc.   One things for sure I'll have had more tests and poking and prodding than I've had in twenty years after this little lot.  If they come out ok I should feel great.  Just keep taking the Bob Martin's.

Well now I'm going to have a bash at the organ.  That seems to be one of the best tests I can get.  If I can play without too many goofs I must be getting better. No more tests scheduled for now.  just a sit down with the doctor when he has all the results.

Edited to add for Carni.    Funnily enough the doc put me on anti clotting meds immediately the other day.  We were just taking about it on here a couple of weeks ago.  Apropriately enough it is called Cloppydogrel.  or Plavix.  You have to laugh. Lol.

• Like 4