How's your day?

44 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Compo, I bet not everyone will see it!

Hope all goes well for you on Friday....

Yes, it's a giraffe. Many years ago, when those 3D things were popular, I bought my father a book of them. Still have it somewhere.

Hope all goes well for you Compo on Friday.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Compo said:

Day one of my enforced lack of excercise. No cycling, no wood-cutting and worst of all....no naughty bits! I have an appointment with a doctor on Friday for Prostate Cancer tests. 

I had the test last week, results came back ok. It's a simple blood test, hope all is ok with you.

• Like 1

It beats the old 'rubber glove' treatment Den !

• Like 2

12 noon, and a good day so far. I've been on here most of the morning, and don't recollect seeing anyone logged on anonymously.

Is this a first ?  Is it a record ? 

• Like 1

Ha, ha ! One has appeared as if by magic !

Good to see you Ben ! You've brought a smile to my face..... Take care, no stalking now ! 

11 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

12 noon, and a good day so far. I've been on here most of the morning, and don't recollect seeing anyone logged on anonymously.

Is this a first ?  Is it a record ? 

Expect they’re having a lie in

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ha, ha, pun intended eh Lizzie ?

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

There is another solution to the problem...

If everybody logged in anonymously all the time, no-one would be able to see who anyone else was watching.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

All the best for Friday Compo. Hope you have a good result.

I found the Giraffe.   Easy Peasy!

When the three D fad was around, I got hooked on it, it fascinated me (Dunt tek much), kept me happy for hours. We bought three books at the time from a charity shop and four posters from a street seller down Newquay Cornwall. Every so often I get the books out and still enjoy staring at the images.

3 hours ago, Compo said:

Ooh! A giraffe :)

I can't see these things. Remind me how you are supposed to view them?

And Good Luck to Compo for the test!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Compo said:

Day one of my enforced lack of excercise. No cycling, no wood-cutting and worst of all....no naughty bits! I have an appointment with a doctor on Friday for Prostate Cancer tests. 

Hope all goes well for you Compo.  I know how bunches of tests feel in these days. you'll come through it just fine.

• Like 1

To see the 3D image, start with your eyes very close to the picture, then move back gradually, still staring at it.  DON'T  try to refocus while you're doing it..  At least, that works for me!  

Hey Compo, having had the same test, I just hope your doctor don't have big hands !!! Best of luck anyway. Beekay.

PS. I did have one test which involved a camera up the back door which also involved little jaws taking a biopsy, the downside was there was ten of them ! (All round the prostate). Was told I wouldn't feel anything but would hear ten loud clicks. Sooooo embarrassing.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Yes, it's a giraffe. Many years ago, when those 3D things were popular, I bought my father a book of them. Still have it somewhere.

Hope all goes well for you Compo on Friday.

I could never get to see what was on those 3D effect pictures. I recall seeing a window display full of them at Athena (just near the entrance to Broadmarsh Centre, opposite Woolies and the Sawyers). Completely unable to see what everyone else said was there.

• Like 1

Compo, remember that the people carrying out these tests have done them hundreds of times before so any embarrassment is unnecessary. The chances are that it will be BPH - benign prostatic hyperplasia. Even if the other thing, treatment is effective.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MargieH said:

To see the 3D image, start with your eyes very close to the picture, then move back gradually, still staring at it.  DON'T  try to refocus while you're doing it..  At least, that works for me!  

This might help as well...

I found it useful in the beginning to.....stare at the picture gently and go into a daze, try not to blink yet, keeping the stare but make your vision blur and the picture all merge into itself. At this stage you  might just get the 3D effect appear. If not, just whisper Bo99er it and have a cake instead.:biggrin:

• Like 5