How's your day?

But whatever it's called, it involves having to pay out some money, doesn't it?  In a strange, busy town or city, it's more difficult to realise when you've strayed on to a bus lane, though.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I bow to your superior knowledge Catfan. Call it what you like, it's still a dive in your pocket. Actually, having re-read the the paperwork, it is called ' Bus lane penalty charge notice'. Anyway I've paid the bloody thing. Next time I come up to Nottingham I think I'll come up on a bicycle.

Us Neanderthal's still use steam television. Thank you for your kind thoughts Margie. B.

• Like 4

Hey Catfan,  just noticed where you reside. I myself and 'er indoors lived at Snape Wood for a number of year but we got better. Moved to East Sussex in 1987. It pays to keep one step ahead of the law. But as stated earlier, the bu99ers catch up with ya !! Merry Christmas Catfan.

Problem was Beekay, you fell foul of the city council's "Hate the Motorist" policy" ! Remember someone has to fund the tram.

Scumbag council employing scumbag private car parking & enforcement company again.

Hey Beekay perhaps you took a dive moving from Snapewood to Sussex ? Or perhaps you had to leave in a hurry ? Mesen, I don't live in Snapewood. I live in Bulwell & there's nowt wrong wi Bulwell youth !

Merry Christmas Beekay.

• Like 1

Catfan, just to mention, my family originate from bulwell. My gran lived on commercial road and my eldest brother was born on Lime Street. My aunt and uncle had the cross keys, up commercial rd., and my aunt Annie and uncle bill lived near 'Top House'. Had some relatives living up China town. When I first started on N.C.T. I had happy memories on the 43 trollies in Bulwell market. Also used to drive for Makemsons for a while, market to Best wood village and evening run to Calverton pit for night staff. Can I be the first to wish you  'Happy Easter !!  B.

Yesterday:- Finally picked up my new car (Ordered on August 1st for collection 1st November, but it was delayed as long as possible as it's the new 2019 model, 8 speed automatic gear box and other new 'whistles and bells' I also had to wait for a hoist for my scooter and hand controls to be fitted.................. But at least I'm back driving again for the first time properly in 3 years!!!!)
 Also got my bathroom finished by my 'bessie' mate, to SWMBO and my spec with a shower screen as opposed to their idea of a curtain (Horrible smelly things!) and cabinets and shelves as the council wouldn't let us do it till the job was 'signed off' !
 Got most of the Christmas decs up, just the fireplace and the outside lights to do.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, catfan said:

Worked 43s mesen. 74 - 86

I finished driving corpo buses way back in 1966. Can't believe its 52 years ago. Where did all those years disappear to?

This time, this day, last year I was on a BA flight to Heathrow for my Christmas/New year break. This year I am just about to go to Nice airport to pick up my Christmas guests - friends from Sussex who have not stayed in France previously. I'm expecting a couple of weeks of very arduous graft.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, jonab said:

This time, this day, last year I was on a BA flight to Heathrow for my Christmas/New year break. This year I am just about to go to Nice airport to pick up my Christmas guests - friends from Sussex who have not stayed in France previously. I'm expecting a couple of weeks of very arduous graft.

This time this day in 1978 I was at my youngest sons funeral. He was nine years old. Hope your friends from Sussex enjoy their stay Jonab.

They say time is a good healer Beekay but Im sure you would dispute that after losing your son at such a young age.  Sending my best wishes to you and your wife.

Jonab, I’m sure your Sussex friends will thoroughly enjoy their time in S of France.  You’ll no doubt be official tour guide for a week or so.  Have fun. 

Managed to get out properly today........first time in months.......Parked Car in Bulwell ,,walked to Tram stop,, couple of nice 'Bump into's'' on the way,,

In town went into ''Slaters'' mens wear (reason for going) as usual great service and some great clothes. Bought a new 'Crombie' velvet collar proper job,, nice pair of slim fit trousers and Waiscoat,, oh yes and a set of 'Arm-bands',, soon be 'Strutting' me stuff again.

Nice Breakfast in 'Else',, then back on Tram,, more Bump into's'' in Bulwell,, then home,,just nice to go out without it being Medical for a change.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Not this morning Red............i remember him..........used to see him when i did some work in ''Vivvian Westwoods'' down 'Flying horse walk''.......

After getting my new gear today.......decided to sort certain clothes out for 'Charity'.....3/4 length black coat 'Butler and Webb'' first to go 'Homeless' chap in town,,served me well for nearly ten years,, will now keep him warm this winter.

Got home bagged up about 30 ties,,not sensible for me to wear anymore,, kept one for 'Sombre events',,also got bagged up about ten pair of trousers,,some hardly worn,,now too baggy for me,, all going to 'Cancer charity shop in Bulwell.........

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Beekay said:

This time this day in 1978 I was at my youngest sons funeral. He was nine years old.

Beekay, so sad for you and your wife....  I can't begin to understand how you must have  felt then, and now. xx

• Like 4
On 12/17/2018 at 10:15 PM, IAN123. said:

1545084780463-1545084776801-0-Highbury-RYou did these an' all Mick.

Coming past Bulwell Library 1976.

One bay window of the 360 Club visible on right, just before the hoarding.  Lovely old Bulwell Library on the left.  Some clown parked a bus in the way and spoiled the view.. ;)

• Like 1

Sadly the library closed a few years ago, but has relocated into the new Health Centre Complex. Not the same now though, as it mainly caters for girls and toddlers. Only went in once...... Mayhem !

Apart from which my day yesterday was good.  Very wet.. but good.  I paid the final instalment on my coming holiday in Cancun next March.  Can hardly wait...

The day before.. Monday, I was out at the Cavern Liverpool with 'Picko'.  Tony Coburn of the Cavern Club Beatles was replaced by his brother Jimmy.. the 'Lennon' part. Jimmy played a great set of Lennon vocals from the Beatles and later,  plus a couple of songs from his new solo album.  After that we enjoyed too many pints with Jimmy and his girlfriend, before the usual stagger up to Lime Street for the journey home.  All good clean fun.  image.png.009800f8b329d1038450670610b87ae2.png

• Like 1

Left home 7.15 got to Qmc 8.15,,got to car park barrier and it was broke,,waited 15 minutes for chap to mend it,, hope the day gets better,,should do,seeing my lovely speech therapist,,at 9,,

• Like 1