How's your day?

Just now, Jill Sparrow said:

The first two snore and last one cries if I don't stroke him!

thumbsup

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Whilst I'm here....It's approaching that season once again, so: Happy Easter to you all!

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Perhaps it enables him to appreciate sleeping in a nice warm bed the other 364 days of the year!

I can appreciate my nice warm bed without the need to spend a night in a tent. However, for some obscure reason, I've not slept well for several nights and at 5am this morning was so desperate for sleep that I sprinkled the pillows liberally with clary sage oil. Never fails. Smells a bit like kipping under a privet hedge but sleep enfolded me at last! 

Clary sage knocks me out Jill so dont use it any more. Lavender temple balm is quite suffient to relax me

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

I’ve not set foot in Broad Marsh Centre for YEARS, don’t suppose there are many shops still open in there.  

A lot of the shops are boarded up, are they supposed to be redeveloping it?  I was surprised that the Wimpy was still there. Think it was always the poor relation to the Vic Centre really.

2 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Perhaps it enables him to appreciate sleeping in a nice warm bed the other 364 days of the year!

I can appreciate my nice warm bed without the need to spend a night in a tent. However, for some obscure reason, I've not slept well for several nights and at 5am this morning was so desperate for sleep that I sprinkled the pillows liberally with clary sage oil. Never fails. Smells a bit like kipping under a privet hedge but sleep enfolded me at last! 

Jill, very interested by your remarks on Clary sage oil, my daughter sleeps very poorly due to phantom pain. Looking at different write ups one has said keep away from animals other make no mention, as her little dogs sleep on the bed your opinion would be appreciated. Gem

1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

Well done StavGirl, nice to treat yourself using money that would have gone up in smoke previously!  

I’ve not set foot in Broad Marsh Centre for YEARS, don’t suppose there are many shops still open in there.  

Cumbria Police have sent me a NY pressie ...... speeding ticket on Christmas Eve.  Ok, no excuses, I need to start driving like Miss Daisy, I’m so annoyed with myself.  

Know how you feel Lizzie, just about like me getting a ticket from nottm. council for drifting into a bus lane,,£60.00 penalty ! Lovely Christmas present. Happy New Year gel.xx

• Like 1

Compo.... Re.  a night in the tent.   Makes good sense.  Not far to go for a pee.  :biggrin:

I just pull the covers back and snarl.   Last time I slept in a tent was in Algonquin park Ontario in 1972.  We zipped our sleeping bags together.  Quite romantic it was,  except we were scared we might get eaten by a bear.

• Like 3

Gem regarding dogs sleeping on the bed, Ive read recently that its reassuring when they sleep on the bed as we feel more relaxed and safe.

I have used Clary Sage but only a couple of drops as its quite strong. One of my books say its warming and relaxing  good for nervous anxiety, tension. Use very sparingly ( use in moderation) large amounts can cause drowsyness . I can vouch for that it knocks me out.

Use in bath, essence burner , massage. It is alsoantiseptic, anti spasmodic, anti depressant.

For troubled sleep, massage the solar plexus area and the feet with diluted  ( with a carrier oil such as almond) clary sage and lavender.

Sorry Jill if I answered but sometimes essential oils can be dangerous if not used properly. Maybe you are more expert than me but please add anything else that you think may be helpful

• Like 1

Gem as long as your dogs dont lick where you used the oil its ok. Maybe if its used before bedtime away from the dogs so they dont inhale the fumes

Nonna, her dogs sleep between her pillows so if I suggest it's put on the outside of pillows. Jo had an over the knee amputation and has since day one suffered with phantom pain, we have tried many things we know that there is no cure but will try anything that may ease it. Gem

2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Well done StavGirl, nice to treat yourself using money that would have gone up in smoke previously!  

Cumbria Police have sent me a NY pressie ...... speeding ticket on Christmas Eve.  Ok, no excuses, I need to start driving like Miss Daisy, I’m so annoyed with myself.  

Another one? At this rate, your licence will have more points than Notts County!

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Rob.L said:

Another one? At this rate, your licence will have more points than Notts County!

LOL, you cheeky monkey Rob!   Poor old Notts, I feel so sorry for them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 10/14/2017 at 7:00 PM, LizzieM said:

Damn, I’ve been done for speeding, got the dreaded letter today.  Only the second speeding offence in 48 years of driving and so close to home too, just like the other one I got about 20 years ago.  

I was caught on A60, Mansfield Road between Valley Road and Woodthorpe Drive at 11.18 at night, no other traffic on the road, didn’t even have to stop at any traffic lights which I suppose didn’t help as I was able to sail along.  I’ll be able to do a Speed Awareness Course thank goodness, at least I’ll keep a clean driving licence.  

2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

;) :rolleyes: :wacko:

• Upvote 1

A great time at Rufford Country Park today. Loads of families with kids, new bikes, scooters, clothes, and suitably attired dogs.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Want the details of a RoSPA advanced driving course Lizzie? We need fresh victims  err sorry students...     thumbsup

Nonna is quite right, essential oils should always be used with extreme care as they can be dangerous.

I put a drop of clary sage on a paper hanky or the pillow case. It's quite sufficient. The cats sleep at the bottom of the bed and cannot ingest the oil. I never use it on my skin even diluted with a carrier oil. In fact, its ages since I used it at all but there are times when it's the only thing that works. Better than sleeping pills!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Beekay said:

Hey Jill, where do you get Clary sage oil from? Can't say I've ever heard of it

You can get essential oils from Boots. But do be careful with them

Staverton girl. Did you manage to get your Dyson sorted? Mine seemed to be out of action since about the end of August. Its charged but switching on it worked for 10 secs and stopped. Tried giving it an extra big clean ( twice) and still had the same result. Have done loads of research on the machine and all I got was " clean it" until today. I was beginning to think it was either the battery or charger and was looking at prices of them on amazon. Then I came across questions and answers on the Dyson site. Had a good look at my machine and realised that I had the max button depressed. Switched it off and now it works perfectly and Ive saved myself €48 for the charger and probably the same for the battery. Apparently as soon as it was switched on with it being on max it was using all its charge in one go.

Stupid of me not to have guessed before . Hope you got yours sorted.

Mel, that's harsh. I got 3 points and a £30 fine about 25 years ago, just because the front wheel of my Mini went over the line when the lights went to red. I fought my case, but technically, I'd crossed the line even though it was by only a couple of feet. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Staverton girl. Did you manage to get your Dyson sorted? 

Took it to bits and gave it a really good clean and it is working again. Not sure if it is picking up hair as well as before though. I have had it for a while and it does have a lot of hair to pick up so I am wondering if it could be the beginning of the end. It is the “ball” type, I must admit it isn’t as good as the Dyson it replaced (a normal one without the ball) which was the animal one and had a very strong motor which could lift carpets off the floor (believe the EU stopped them being made limiting the size of the motor). I have to pull the dog hair out of this one, but it used to just fall out of my other one when I opened the lid. Will have to see how it goes, don’t know if the rechargeable ones would be able to cope with the dog hair my two produce so not sure what I will do if it does give up the ghost.