How's your day?

SG mine is the recharable and picks up everythingincluding fine dog hairs. The only thing is the duration is only 20 mins so I only use it to have a quick clean up without having to move everything and use the electric hoover for bigger cleaning.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I must admit my boys sleep downstairs I have a child gate at the bottom of the stairs. They have the complete run of downstairs although their two dog blankets are in the passage, I do very often hear them moving about during the nite, usually when I get up Kai is on his blanket in the passage and Wolf is in the front room. I first put the gate up after being woken up at about 4 in the morning by two dogs jumping on the bed (not much fun having a 40kg dog landing on your chest at any time). 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, radfordred said:

No no no ............ Dog or any other pets sleep locked in the kitchen or outside in a kennel, they don't get in bed with you, that's just wrong!  

they don't sleep in the bed, they sleep at the bottom of the bed.

9 minutes ago, radfordred said:

No .... Why would you want an animal in your bed? Gross  I'm ringing RSPCA get you locked up! or deloused :Shock:

It depends where your animal has been. My little ones don't weigh more than 4 kg between them . They are bathed and groomed regularly. I can understand a much heavier dog romping around and playing in goodness knows what. 

We used to have a Blue Heeler when we lived in Australia, when she'd had a bath, first place she went was the back fence, dig a hole under it and head for the freshest, wettest largest cow pat and roll in it!

• Like 2

Interesting to read where our pet dogs and cats are allowed to sleep.  Never owned a cat but we’re on our 4th dog in 40+ years and this is the only one that’s even DARED to go upstairs, he’s a law unto himself, suffers badly with Separation Anxiety and for a few years now he has his own bed beside ours.  However he wouldn’t jump up onto the bed, he knows his limits! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

My yesterday was quite good: Wednesday night 'er indoors noticed that the central heating had switched off but the boiler was still running flat out.  I groaned and spent a while giving it a coat of looking-at before deciding to switch off the mains at the supply fuse and let the system cool down. When cool, it worked nortamlly but when it became hot, one of the valve actuators stayed in the on position. A bit of deep thought led me to suspect a faulty gearbox in the actuator motor so I let it be until the following night to see what happened. Sure enough, it jammed open once again, so and so I sourced a new actuator from Thurso (32 miles round trip) and fitted it yesterday afternoon. Fingers crossed - it now seems to be working ok. 

Today was also a good day: I went over the road and cut down two dead spruce trees from the wood and logged them ready for the fire.  Job's a gud'n!

• Upvote 1

Badly needed hair cut (head shave) plus Watch strap,,and Glasses mended........so trip into Bulwell all sorted ,,total cost £10,,

Lady in ''Geezers'' only charged me normal OAP rate,,not weekend price,,......Watch strap £4......and glasses mended free,,

Plus as usual bump into's.....................Two African chaps grabbed me by the arm in Wetherspoons,,.....''ah Mr Ben (paul) how are you?''......didn't recognise them at first.........then it dawned on me,, i gave them a job a few years ago with my Security company,,they turned out to be excellent workers and travelled all over for and with me,,did some nice reminiscing ,,they were originally from Malawi and were pleased i remembered the capital Lilongwe ,,plus his wifes name 'Blessed'' how could i forget that,,,.?

• Like 5
1 hour ago, IAN123. said:

..up early..took delivery of me new Skoda Yeti..

Thought they’d stoped making them Ian. We’ve had a 1.8 petrol for a while and love it. Nippy, 4WD and I can get a pinball machine in no problem.

• Like 1

Heard on the news today that the new sterling notes are being produced at Casale Monferrato not far from where we live. The new notes look very nice and certainly different from the old notes.

12 hours ago, nonnaB said:

The new notes look very nice and certainly different from the old notes.

I presume this is the new plastic notes. They look nice but are a bit of a pain, they stick together so you have to check you have only got one out. When I worked at the shop every time we opened the till they used to pop up and if one had been folded it was a nitemare as they would not lay flat. All in all not very impressed with them but suppose it is progress.

Twice recently we have nearly lost new £5 notes. Chris doesn't use a wallet, he just slides notes into his pocket, we can only think that the movement of walking worked the slippery note up and out of his pocket, luckily I was behind him at the time.

On Sunday, we set off on a cycle ride and again hubbs was in front. We were at Chasewater, so lots of people around, again we think the movement of pedalling worked the note wrapped around his bank card as well,  up and out of his pocket. He had no idea it had happened. 

I am aware that removing one from my purse can make others spring out ( That is on the odd days I am rich enough to have more than one). Though I like the look of our new plastic notes I will have to be careful with them in the future in case of one springing out of pocket or purse. I am hoping we have learnt from these incidents?

I'm finding notes all the time, but I'm always looking? My mates Son & his mate came to London with us on Saturday one lost his train ticket at Nottingham station & a glass collector picked up his return ticket up of the floor in a pub in London? While walking with my daughter & her dog on Wollaton park, she pulled out her phone & also pulled out the contents of her pocket, luckily I was walking behind her, it's lose notes next to phones? 

Sorry about problems with new plastic money. We first saw them in Australia in '98 but can't remember having problems with them. I think all these new notes are made here. 

Just remebered , if you've had the new notes for a while why was tv telling us that the new notes were being produced. They showed a couple of notes and the design on them was completely different. The Queens head wasn't so prominent and was replaced with another ladies head. I wasn't quick enough to see who it was. Are these the same notes that have been around a while. To me they seemed to be more up to date.  

We have had the new £5 and £10 notes for a while, think the £20 and £50 are being changed soon, there has been something on tv about who is going on them, not sure if the public has been asked to choose or not. To be quite honest most people seem to moan about them, but I understand they don’t disintegrate if put thru a washer not that I have tried it!