• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Well, my Christmas visitors leave today.

They weren't any trouble. After the first few days of needing their hands held (figuratively, of course) they've been pretty much independent - going to places I would never dream of going to again - like Marseilles.

Down to the airport soon to see them off.

Well my grubby sis in law returned home on Sunday, having been here since the 27h of Dec. She didn't have a shower in that time. In fact, I don't think she even washed properly. Didn't make a drink for anyone unless it was for herself. Constantly dished out orders. Bone idle, except when doing her roll ups. Forever claiming to be cold, but can stand at the back door with the top half open for hours on end fagging it, while I've got the central heating blasting out. The smoke of course wafts into the house. Nub ends strewn over the patio, despite my placing a small bucket near the back door. 

Coffee granules in the sugar, sugar in the coffee, toast crumbs in the butter, and butter smears in the marmalade. 

Couple this with her constant belching, passing wind and coughing in public as well as in my house. Deplorable table manners, such as eating sugar lumps whilst in cafes and putting some of those little sachets into her bag. 

Also dressing like an old hag or a bag lady whenever we took her out. Destitute ! No, just a feral nightmare !

• Like 1

Sat at QMC waiting to be called for my appointment,, came on the Tram direct from Bulwell,,brilliant no driving or parking problems,

Plus a bit of banter,,i must be looking my age,,young chap gave up his seat for me,,not sure if i liked it,,  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ben, I wouldn't wish her on my worst enemy. Oh I don't know though ! 

Just had to hose down the patio as it was covered I ash, and stunk vile ! 

Sounds a nightmare, FLY2. At least my guests respected the house rules - I warned them about Mme before they arrived (Mme doesn't put up with any nonsense from anyone - including me and I pay her salary!).

Anyway, they're on their way home now but they did make a request to come over again in the summer - and offered to pay, so they must have enjoyed themselves

5 hours ago, Stavertongirl said:

We have had the new £5 and £10 notes for a while, think the £20 and £50 are being changed soon, there has been something on tv about who is going on them, not sure if the public has been asked to choose or not. To be quite honest most people seem to moan about them, but I understand they don’t disintegrate if put thru a washer not that I have tried it!

The new bank notes are probably ok in the washing machine but I think the tumble dryer might alter their appearance.  

I’ve noticed recently that £20 notes are always checked by the cashier in shops, apparently a lot of fake ones about.  Won’t be long before we have plastic £20s, they’re looking very tatty.  

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, radfordred said:

I'm finding notes all the time, but I'm always looking

I do that quite a bit...but in the last few months - without trying - I've been picking up a lot of £1 coins.

People seem to be throwing them away like confetti.

• Upvote 1

Found £5 at a Garden Centre recently, and it was neatly folded and slipped straight into my wallet. A friend of mine found one in a hotel car park recently after an overnight downpour and all it needed was a wipe with a tissue, and was in perfect condition to put straight into her purse. 

I've often had to iron tatty old paper ones I've found.

Cliff, the new £1 coins are still bright and shiny, and show up well even amongst leaves or in the road. I'm always very vigilant when walking past bus stops, phone boxes or at car park ticket machines. 

Right, where's my walking shoes. I'll have a quick stroll down the road before it's dark.

3 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

young chap gave up his seat for me,,not sure if i liked it,, 

Ben I know what it feels like, early autumn I sat outside on the High Street had breakfast and a coffee I must have sat to long and seized up, when it came to go I struggled to get up. An old lady, well she was older than me, came and helped me up thanked her but I was wishing the ground would open up and hide me.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Well my grubby sis in law returned home on Sunday, having been here since the 27h of Dec. She didn't have a shower in that time

Eeeeewwwww

6 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Sat at QMC waiting to be called for my appointment,, came on the Tram direct from Bulwell,,brilliant no driving or parking problems,

Plus a bit of banter,,i must be looking my age,,young chap gave up his seat for me,,not sure if i liked it,,  

Forget all i said about the tram  (above)  just got home,,,6.15......left home this morning at 10am.........both appointments done by 3pm,,,,,then what a bleddy nightmare trying to get the tram back to Bulwell,,,,rammed with Students and schoolkids just like rush hour on the tube in London,,,,finally got a lift with someone i know who works at QMC............only took an hour to get from QMC to Bulwell !!!!.........

Edit,, apart from all that QMC staff brilliant,, we are lucky with the NHS...............Need a BIG Vodka now,,,lol

2 hours ago, Gem said:

Fly, reading your post makes me happy that I  have no in laws, or those that I do have I never see.

Is Someone going to start a thread on ''In laws'' ?      i propose Fly................

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

..........only took an hour to get from QMC to Bulwell !!!!.........

Nightmare on the roads this afternoon though Ben.  It took me 50 minutes to get from Mapperley Park to Bulwell, all because of Moor Road being closed due to burst water main.   Traffic crawled at a snail’s pace from the prison right along Hucknall Road into Bulwell.  

I don’t need too much persuasion to not go to Bulwell and really wish I hadn’t bothered today.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Should've popped in for a cuppa. I could make a bomb at times serving drinks from a wallpapering table ! 

No G & T's or Bacardi's though !

Yes you’d do well supplying refreshments.  SHE wouldn’t like it though, she’d hate you making small talk with strangers! So when are you going to Jane’s?!! 

• Upvote 1

Early Feb at the earliest ! 

Believe me, she is. Trouble is, the rest of the family only see things through rose tinted specs. Her house is fine, it's just her personal hygiene.

I actually take longer in the shower there, as I may have touched something she's touched. I cringe when playing cards !

• Upvote 1