How's your day?

I know this post is "How's Your Day" but I just felt that I had to share this post with members.

Going to Tai Chi at Selston Village Hall I found that the road was closed due to an accident, but we were still able to get into the hall, when one of our ladies did not turn up we were worried about her, we had heard that a women had been knocked down and was in a bad way, yes it was our friend who had been knocked down by a push bike, a car with a lady in it  stopped and seeing our friend on the ground, picked her up and put her in her car. Yes I know we are not supposed to move people but this lady thought she was helping. When the ambulance arrived they would not get the said lady out of the car because her back and neck hurt her, so they called the fire service, who took one look at the car (that was it the top of the car had to come off) to cut a long story short!! the friend was taken to QMC and now is getting on nicely, but the car went from a saloon to a convertible in one easy cut, yes I know it's not funny but girls could you go home and explain to the other half how his car ended up a convertible. Any way the car ladies insurance would not cover her as they said the car had not been involved in an accident!!! I have heard that the co-op at Selston are collecting money if people want to give, for a new/used  car, for the lady who tried to help.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Commo said:

Margie, it seems that there may be a problem with my sending pm's and wonder whether you received mine on 27th December?

I didn't get any message from you....  and my inbox ISN'T full.  There is another Margie on here somewhere (without the 'H' on the end.  Did you send it to her, I wonder...

How awful Mary but common sense rules and she shouldnt have been moved. She has been fortunate that the movement didn't cause more damage.

• Like 1

Renewable energy - pain in the bottom, more like! My solar panels broke down last week and I have still not been able to get anyone out to take a look at them.  The government push us to go for renewables but put no infrastructure in place to ensure that they continue working after the guarantee period expires.  Looks like I will have to get out onto the roof and do the job myself. I have isolated the faulty set of panels but that still leaves another set of ten panels that could be at fault. I'm fairly sure that the problem is an ingress of moisture in one of the dozens of connectors up on the roof.  Meanwhile I am only using half of the panels and of course only generating half the leccy that I should be. GRRR!

15 hours ago, mary1947 said:

I have heard that the co-op at Selston are collecting money if people want to give, for a new/used  car, for the lady who tried to help.

I sincerely hope she gets enough to cover her loss, Mary.

7 hours ago, Compo said:

I sincerely hope she gets enough to cover her loss, Mary.

will keep you posted.

• Like 1

I have been summoned to La Mairie (Town Hall) in Grasse later this morning to formalise and finalise my application for French citizenship.

By later today I will be a French national.

I will, of course, still have British Nationality but, depending on how things work out with the shenanigans going on in Westminster today, I may not be retaining that.

• Like 2

Yes my son is in a quandry too. He has dual nationality and wants to go up to UK to renew his childrens passports to keep them up to date. But seeing all this commotion hes not sure if the children will be granted the renewal of  their passports. Things are certainly up in the air even for travelling on ID's 

No more on this matter.

Our son who lives in the Netherlands just got a letter from the government there , saying there will be no change to his status during 2019 but it will be reviewed in 2020 . 

Luckily he applied just over 4 years ago for a residency and that seems to mean he is safe to stay . 

He"s also just applied for a Dutch driving licence and had to surrender his UK licence . 

They've just applied for a UK passport for our granddaughter who was born Hertfordshire to keep her dual status .

I don't need to worry about a driving licence. Being unable to walk makes driving a bit of a problem and I have a carer anyway who doubles up as a driver and general factotum.

Regarding residency, I have lived here for so long I have a sort of licence-of-right to stay but, you never know. I will be much happier later this afternoon.

5 minutes ago, radfordred said:

I feel your pain :mellow:

Not pain that I feel, its a feeling of relief in getting away. (Have to be careful what I state here, politics, you know).

However, things here aren't all rosy with Macron proving he's not the saviour that he was thought to be.

• Upvote 1

Went to the barbershop - it was closed.....looks like it's going to be one of those days.

Julie's son has lived in Portugal since 1990. He took his degree at Lisbon Uni and speaks fluent Portuguese and Spanish. Not sure how he is fixed for remaining in the country after March but he has spent his entire working life there and to have to return to UK would be a massive shock and disadvantage to him.

Had a spending spree in Bulwell this morning........one shirt,,3 pairs socks. and 3 T shirts  all for £25     Wife also extravagant £3 on socks,,, tut,,

Also had the pleasure of 'Bumping'' into an old friend off Leybourne drive,,more a friend of my late Uncle John,,,he used to run Bestwood Old Boys  football team in the 50s,,...........he also remembered Trogg and family who he said lived 2 or 3 doors away ?.........Barry Clark''' Trogg if you remember him?         he had a bother Tony and sister Kathleen,,.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am now 'un citoyen français' - and have 'la nationalité française'.

A quite painless procedure which has given me great reassurance about the future.

There are a lot of UK workers here mostly working for the perfumery companies and I was informed that a very large number have applied for citizenship in the past couple of weeks (post-Christmas).

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Did you collect the yellow vest on the way out? :(

Already have one - there is a requirement for a gilet jaune (+ other safety equipment e.g reflective red triangle) to be carried in all vehicles.

There isn't much of that discord down here though, it's mainly confined to the big cities - too laid back in the south.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, DAVIDW said:

Our son who lives in the Netherlands just got a letter from the government there , saying there will be no change to his status during 2019 but it will be reviewed in 2020 . 

Luckily he applied just over 4 years ago for a residency and that seems to mean he is safe to stay . 

He"s also just applied for a Dutch driving licence and had to surrender his UK licence . 

They've just applied for a UK passport for our granddaughter who was born Hertfordshire to keep her dual status .

Where does your son have his residency? My eldest grandson was born in Nottingham but the other two were both born in Italy.

My husband and I had to surrender our UK driving licences after about 3-4 years we'd been here. I wasn't pleased at all I wanted to keep my UK licence

7 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Yes, l carry one in my car emergency bag, which never seems to get put in the car! 

We have to carry one too

3 minutes ago, jonab said:

There's quite a severe penalty for driving without the minimum required safety kit here.

And here

3 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Where does your son have his residency? 

I guess his residency is now the north of the Netherlands , Nonna . They have bought a house there and their daughter is now settled at school now  there . 

• Like 1

I asked because my son , his wife ( she's Italian) and their children obviously have their residency here but wanting to renew their passports is a bit worrying. My son wants them to be able to travel freely with outhe commotion my daughter had a few years ago. She was going on holiday with her british p/p and she was told she couldn't travel on a british pp if her residency was in Italy. After arguing  she was finally able to travel but she had to get her  Italian passport renewed.