• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Had a spending spree in Bulwell this morning........one shirt,,3 pairs socks. and 3 T shirts  all for £25     Wife also extravagant £3 on socks,,, tut,,

Also had the pleasure of 'Bumping'' into an old friend off Leybourne drive,,more a friend of my late Uncle John,,,he used to run Bestwood Old Boys  football team in the 50s,,...........he also remembered Trogg and family who he said lived 2 or 3 doors away ?.........Barry Clark''' Trogg if you remember him?         he had a bother Tony and sister Kathleen,,.

I remember the names, but not the faces,  its been a long time and my memory has not aged well.

3 hours ago, nonnaB said:

She was going on holiday with her british p/p and she was told she couldn't travel on a british pp if her residency was in Italy. 

Oh I see . Not sure Nonna , as far as I know when he comes home here ,  he still uses his UK passport but whether that will change after Brexit , no idea . The granddaughter will have dual passports as far as I know , that's why they have just applied for her UK one before the change .

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, trogg said:

I remember the names, but not the faces,  its been a long time and my memory has not aged well.

Always prided myself with a great memory.......but the other day 'bumped' into a bloke who ive known all my life and see quite often,,,,,''Ey up'' Donold i said,,    his name is Gordon...........lol

8 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Always prided myself with a great memory

I spoke to a youth for nearly 20 minutes in the Embankment & he finished up saying tell your Nick you've seen me, when you see him? Ain't seem him for years! :crazy:  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
15 hours ago, nonnaB said:

I asked because my son , his wife ( she's Italian) and their children obviously have their residency here but wanting to renew their passports is a bit worrying. My son wants them to be able to travel freely with outhe commotion my daughter had a few years ago. She was going on holiday with her british p/p and she was told she couldn't travel on a british pp if her residency was in Italy. After arguing  she was finally able to travel but she had to get her  Italian passport renewed. 

you have hit the nail on the head nonna B     (TRAVEL FREELY) never again will us Brits be able to do this. Its a right co!!!!!!!! up, but not to worry chin up were ?????

• Like 1

My first full day of being French. Can't say it feels any different apart from being detached from that total farce happening in Westminster. (I don't consider that as being a political statement, the UK is now in an utter mess).

I find the whole Brexit thing almost funny,      this is not Political,,its just an observation,,,

we voted for summat we didnt have a clue about,,leavers and remainers,,

now we all fall out with each other about it,, but still don't understand it,,

UKIP have vanished,, can't blame em,, but they did start it,,

suppose its all part of being British,, no other country are like us.............

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

I find the whole Brexit thing almost funny,      this is not Political,,its just an observation,,,

we voted for summat we didnt have a clue about,,leavers and remainers,,

now we all fall out with each other about it,, but still don't understand it,,

UKIP have vanished,, can't blame em,, but they did start it,,

suppose its all part of being British,, no other country are like us.............

I think that sums it up pretty well Ben!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, radfordred said:

That's what the majority voted for.

As Ben said I don't think leavers had, or have, a clue what they voted for. I certainly have no idea what the full ramifications are and suspect it's going to be some time after leaving that the full effect becomes clear.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Brew said:

As Ben said I don't think leavers had, or have, a clue what they voted for. I certainly have no idea what the full ramifications are and suspect it's going to be some time after leaving that the full effect becomes clear.

5 minutes ago, Brew said:
  4 hours ago, radfordred said:

That's what the majority voted for.

It would have been nice to have had a vote on this. IoM residents could not vote but whatever the outcome we will feel the effects of it as much as any UK citizen.

• Like 1

Italian TV is working full time on this and its making the british look fools. It seems the italians were more well informed of what it would entail.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Italian TV is working full time on this and its making the british look fools. It seems the italians were more well informed of what it would entail.

Likewise in France.

As this thread is about 'how's your day?', well, I don't want to put a dampner on it but my day has just gone crap !! It's , Wednesday at 9_50pm and just had a phone from my nephew to tell me that older brother have just passed away. They're not sure if it was last night or early this morning. Too early to tell yet but suspect a heart attack, (he would be 79 in April). Sorry to ruin your thread but I just feel like sh*t and had to air my feelings somewhere. I live over two hundred miles away so don't know if I'll get the chance to say goodbye. Hopefully I can get up to Nottingham for his funeral... Beekay.

So sorry to hear about your brother BK.My sincere condolences. Hope you can make it to say goodbye. 

So sorry Barrie. You have my sympathy, and my thoughts are with you at this sad time.

BK  so sorry to read about your brother's passing... a phone call like that is always a big shock.    Did he have a heart problem or was it just 'out of the blue'?   Please know that we will be thinking of you and praying that you will get some sleep tonight.  xx

4 hours ago, nonnaB said:

3 hours ago, jonab said:

Likewise in France.

We don't need Italians or the French to make us look fools, we doing a perfectly good job of it ourselves than you very much...

• Like 2

I was told of my brothers death by phone - it's a hell of a shock. You have my sympathies and condolences mate.

Many thanks to one and all for your kind words. I'm still a bit dopey at the moment, don't know what to think. Big brother did have one or to ailments which would contribute. That's all three brothers gone now, one older and two younger, and I'm seventy five !! Thanks again, Barrie.

A similar situation to my in laws. My wife has lost three brothers, and a brother in law within the last three years, as well as her mother a year ago. A couple of my in laws thought their family to be jinxed, but I told them that it was far more simple than that. Coming from a very large family, they're all of a similar age, and that a period of constant passing is inevitable. Sad, but simple !

Very sorry to hear of your loss, Beekay. Even when you are aware that a person is ill, it still comes as a shock but out of the blue, like this, it takes some coming to terms with. Take comfort in the many memories you have of happy times.