How's your day?

Sorry to read your post Barrie, what a terrible shock for you.  Let’s hope your brother didn’t suffer.  So sad that all your brothers have passed, our thoughts are with you and hope you get up here to say your farewells.  

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Brew said:

We don't need Italians or the French to make us look fools, we doing a perfectly good job of it ourselves than you very much...

Takes their minds off their own problems at least.

• Like 1

May I repeat an earlier post and say many thanks for all your kind words. One of you very kindly offered to ' pop down'  and bring me back up to Nottingham, ( you know who you are). It's when you get a response like this it make you realise its not a bad old world after all !

Thank you Nottstalgians , Barrie.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Stavertongirl said:

Takes their minds off their own problems at least.

You're right there, the problems are many.

'Pop Down'  !!!  200 miles each way, there and back. 800 in total, blimey Barrie, that sure is a good POP.

You are now discovering what Nottstalgians are like, Beekay.....It would be hard to find a nicer bunch anywhere.

2 hours ago, Beekay said:

May I repeat an earlier post and say many thanks for all your kind words. One of you very kindly offered to ' pop down'  and bring me back up to Nottingham, ( you know who you are). It's when you get a response like this it make you realise its not a bad old world after all !

Thank you Nottstalgians , Barrie.

Sadly, for unfortunate reasons, you've discovered one of the benefits of belonging to Nottstalgia. My sympathies to all concerned.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, FLY2 said:

'Pop Down'  !!!  200 miles each way, there and back. 800 in total, blimey Barrie, that sure is a good POP.

Some people are priceless Fly.

• Upvote 1

This appeared on FB today . St.Pancras  under construction in 1868 . Guess they are some of the Mapperley bricks piled up ? 

50049645_10158211337226562_2811790530344

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Did they also use Sherwood bricks, David? 

Isn't it still the world's biggest non-columned iron span?

Not sure on that Compo . I did read they also used some bricks from Loughborough and also red Mansfield stone .

All you want to know about Mapperley bricks here :

http://mapperleyandsherwoodhistorygroup.co.uk/mapperley-brickworks

Felt guilty for not doing any exercise lately, so got the bikes out and went for a little towpath ride. It was very muddy in places, very cold and spotting with rain, but glad we went. Ten miler, couldn't go further today, I had 'Tuthayke' (Bloomin Blackcountry lingo rubbing off on me) Toothache to us Nottstalgians.:biggrin:.

Anyway, found two 5ps for our 'Charity collection', I can't believe how much money we find, mainly in the same area. It just keeps turning up.  Got a bloomin'  puncture about five miles into the ride, but Chris has his kit with him. He carries the Co2 capsules which take some of the work out of punctures. It was while he was toiling away and I was staring at the floor that I spotted the coins in the gutter.

On the Staffs and Worcester canal we have one lonely last years cygnet floating around near where we live. There was a family, Cob,Pen and five Sygnets, they have all gone and this one is left alone. It seems sad. I wonder why it is alone. The locals make sure it is well fed and I did my bit today as well. 

The house smells lovely, I have got a Chicken roasting away and also some home made stuffing, left over from Christmas that I froze. I wonder if I will eat a sensible amount and try to start a diet..............................................No Chance.:rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Ian, I hate housework. The problem is, I can't stand untidy, dusty, crumbs and definitely unmade beds. If you lived nearby, I would be your best friend and would happily share my house work with you. You could dust and polish to your hearts content Glad you enjoyed listening to Eden Kane Miduck.:)

• Like 1

Can't have 'Manky Blinds' Ian. You will be the talk of the neighbourhood. We don't have any Venitian blinds we are not that posh. It's curtains for us........I think I will rephrase that! We only have curtains.:wacko: 

• Like 3

Big stiff envelope arrived today - 'Do not bend' .

I struggled to open it, grabbed the contents and gave a good pull - and tore my Master's Degree Certificate in half.

Oh well - I've got to pretend to be blasé and not disappointed now.

Sellotape, I suppose.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, EileenH said:

and tore my Master's Degree Certificate in half.

You can get a replacement if you give them the two halves, costs about £30.