• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

2 hours ago, EileenH said:

Big stiff envelope arrived today - 'Do not bend' .

I struggled to open it, grabbed the contents and gave a good pull - and tore my Master's Degree Certificate in half.

Oh well - I've got to pretend to be blasé and not disappointed now.

Sellotape, I suppose.

Clever girl - what subject ?

2 hours ago, EileenH said:

Big stiff envelope arrived today - 'Do not bend' .

I struggled to open it, grabbed the contents and gave a good pull - and tore my Master's Degree Certificate in half.

Oh well - I've got to pretend to be blasé and not disappointed now.

Sellotape, I suppose.

You can always scan it and print of a new copy. Put it in a frame and no-one will ever know the difference. Or send copies to me and I'll print up for you. Beekay.

• Like 1

Such a shame Eileen, but I'm sure you'll get it replaced if you pleas ignorance and blame it on the dog ! 

• Like 1

Lazy day here, heavy snow falling, about two inches an hour and almost blizzard conditions.

3 hours ago, Ayupmeducks said:

Lazy day here, heavy snow falling, about two inches an hour and almost blizzard conditions.

Some blokes have all the luck !!

Hate the stuff, ended up with around 8 inches, hopefully when the sun comes out tomorrow it melts most of it.

Good on you Ian. I bet you made their day. A good deed is never forgotten.

Shame on me though. I started my diet this morning! Opened the fridge door, saw the trifle I made yesterday and realised it was taking too much room up on the shelf. I needed the space for my diet/healthy food..........................So we ate it. For Breakfast. :No1: Twas very nice.

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, carni said:

saw the trifle I made yesterday and realised it was taking too much room up on the shelf. 

That's the best excuse I've ever seen for eating anything. :rolleyes:

I will definitely use it in the future.

• Like 2

Sorry mate, we ate the lot, plastic bendy spatula ensured there was nothing left in the bowl.  I wish the soft plastic spatulas had been invented when we were kids. They would have cleaned the cake mix bowl a treat. 

• Like 2

Don't normally visit 'Wethers' on a Sunday..........but being alone for the day thought i'd have my lunch there,,...........i knew one or two others just for ''Ey-ups,, but decided to sit at one of the large tables with the tall chairs,, sat with two other blokes,,.

One of which was constantly on his phone talking very loud using a bad swear word in every sentence,, everyone could hear including the Staff,,but no-one said owt, including me.

He was obviously fairly P....d,, eventually he fell off the high chair ,to much applause......and shouted F,,, off,, as he left,,,   love Bulwell    lol

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

You could've helped me up Ben ! 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

A walk in the widernes of the Caithness moors yesterday produced this image of "Pancake Ice" on the River Thurso at Dirlot. I have heard about this stuff but never seen it before. For more pictures go to the "Photography" section but give me a wee whiley yet because they are still uploading on my superfast 0.2Mbs internet broadband connection.

hWdbVhFLv2TnOiOKLydL8S6OmpX3Uk1T3teu7ab0

On 20 gennaio 2019 at 3:53 PM, FLY2 said:

You could've helped me up Ben ! 

Sorry the quote above appeared on its own.

I was going to say Is this physio doing me any good? I 've only had 3 sessions and after each one I've had a lot of pain. Last friday I couldn't go because I couldn't move. I've had so many therapies with no after pain so the only thing I can think about is that some of the exercises are more strenuous than before. They are only 3 days a week in comparison to 7 days which I had before.It's taking me a couple of hours to get into motion.Only hope it's a case of no pain no gain.

• Upvote 1

A couple of years ago, after months of lower back pain, I was sent for five sessions of physio, which was increasingly strenuous.

At the end of this, I was given sheets of exercises to perform at home. I gave up after a few days, and on my bad days now, I just stick to paracetamol. However, walking certainly eases any pain considerably.

Some years ago, I used to take a friend for physio sessions at the hospital. He had disc damage and used to suffer what he termed electric backache!

I'd sit in reception and was stupefied at the way patients walked in to their physio appointments but crawled out again, including my friend!  He could hardly walk, let alone drive.

The physio was a very meaty female and goodness only knows what she did to her patients.  An hour or so after treatment, my friend's back was much better but, unfortunately, the improvement was short lived.

• Upvote 1

I've found that alcohol helps sometimes, but then I tend to fall asleep on the sofa which makes it worse.

Plus of course sitting up in bed on my iPad doesn't help.