How's your day?

22 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Throwing it down with snow here!

Same here Jill , it started at 10.30 and its now2.30 and my car is covered, theres at least 3" of snow. Shan't be going to physio this afternoon but can't let them know til 3pm. I shall have to do my exercises and tens at home.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Weather about 8 degrees here but cloudy and dull. Been expecting snow - it's coming down in the mountains a few Km away.

I've wheeled all my citrus trees inside just in case.

Lovely day here in Staffs. Did my rowing early then met up with 4 fellow fishing club members to look at some potential new water. Walked about 2 miles to look at the glorious river Dove. Think we will be renting it :biggrin:

• Like 2

Not exactly MY day, but our youngest son was skiing in the French Alps yesterday, he’s been there this past week, flew into Heathrow at around midnight, dashed home to Herts and back down to Gatwick for a 10am flight to Las Vegas this morning!  He’s at Caesars Palace tonight at a big dinner.  Living life in the fast lane, I know I couldn’t do it, I haven’t even been out the door today! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I think one reason Lizzie, is that he's considerably younger than you are. I'm saying that in the nicest possible way of course.

• Upvote 1

LOL, not sure age has anything to do with it FLY.  I need time to plan things.  Someone has asked him on Facebook if he’s still got salopettes on in Caesars Palace, he replied that he has, and also goggles!   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The time to start worrying is when he turns up for skiing dressed in a white sequinned bedecked suit resembling Liberace.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

The time to start worrying is when he turns up for skiing dressed in a white sequinned bedecked suit resembling Liberace.

That would never happen!

• Upvote 1

Phew, thank God you've brought him up well ! 

17 hours ago, jonab said:

Weather about 8 degrees here but cloudy and dull. Been expecting snow - it's coming down in the mountains a few Km away.

I've wheeled all my citrus trees inside just in case.

I have covered mine and they seem quite happy, will pick some kumquats later. Been snowing 17/18 hrs temperature 0.9c but it seems to be thawing. Lots of accidents with a lorry eventually turning on its side. Not surprised though. Being in the Langhe theres hills and slopes everywhere. To get into the village I have to go uphill in either direction and then downhill. The third way is just as bad a straight road but long haul slope to reach the main rd then if I happen to skid to my left theres a sharp corner where cars etc arrive so fast its too dangerous. So today I'll stay at home and iron.:(

Lizzie weren't we like that when we were young. ? Not saying we did what your son has just done but very often we would dash around like crazy and still go to work or miss a nights sleep.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Oztalgian said:

Too bl**dy hot here,  record maximum temperature of 46.8 degrees. It is now 9:00pm and still 38, a hundred in the old numbers.

Send ice urgently.

I've just seen some upsetting pictures on Facebook of loads of feral horses dead in a dry parched water hole .  There were a few who were dying but they had to be culled, and there are plans to cull more horses because they now have no access to a natural water supply.    

10 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Lizzie weren't we like that when we were young. ? Not saying we did what your son has just done but very often we would dash around like crazy and still go to work or miss a nights sleep.

Yes Nonna, I certainly survived with very little sleep.  I was often out til 2am at clubs in town ....... Hippo, 99, Babel, Penny Farthing, Intercon ....... but was always on a bus at 7.50am from Arnold into work.  Had to put my mascara on whilst on the bus though thumbsup

What I’d forgotten to mention about our kid though .... he’d been working in Jamaica immediately before his ski trip. He’d landed at Heathrow, gone home, re-packed his bag and shot back to Heathrow at 5am next morning to fly to Geneva.  Best of it is, he has Narcolepsy and has great problems sleeping except on long-haul flights! 

Thought you might have spotted it but its not my car its my daughter in laws. Snow now all but gone

22 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

Yes Nonna, I certainly survived with very little sleep.  I was often out til 2am at clubs in town ....... Hippo, 99, Babel, Penny Farthing, Intercon ....... but was always on a bus at 7.50am from Arnold into work.  Had to put my mascara on whilst on the bus though thumbsup

What I’d forgotten to mention about our kid though .... he’d been working in Jamaica immediately before his ski trip. He’d landed at Heathrow, gone home, re-packed his bag and shot back to Heathrow at 5am next morning to fly to Geneva.  Best of it is, he has Narcolepsy and has great problems sleeping except on long-haul flights! 

Hope he managed to sleep to Geneva  at least a bit as its not really long haul.

Just returned from the tip where I dumped a fridge. It was my garage 'bait and cider' fridge. Kept a dozen bottles of vintage cider and a large box of red maggots in it. Catastrophe! The fridge conked out and the warming bottles caused condensation. A thousand or two maggots crawled out of the box and completely lined the fridge and bottles :Shock:

When loading the old fridge at the tip I told a bloke, who was waiting to dump his fridge, about the maggots. He said "this fridge still works"' So it ended up in my trailer :biggrin: I'll put a lid on the maggot box next time.

• Like 6