• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

What's the difference in the disposal of sharps from surgeries and health centres; between those dropped in by patients in yellow boxes and considerably more the medical staff use themselves daily? There aren't any!

16 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Re anonymity. Lizzie summed it up a few weeks ago. NPD. Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

It means a constant craving for recognition, arrogant, self centred, demanding and manipulative. That's just for starters !

Have a read of Ayupmiduck's answer a few weeks ago. All about choice.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, philmayfield said:

My last ‘proper’ car with a clutch was a Jaguar XJS back in 1987.

You must have been one of the lucky ones, they didn't make many manual one's as the gearbox couldn't take the strain of the 5.3 v12.When I say lucky, i mean  cos they were rare.

Ah, forgot about them, thought they came out later, mine was a 79 5.3 blew the head gasket, what a nightmare to put right. 

• Like 1

When I lived at Bathurst, NSW, Jaguar often sported a couple of cars in the annual Bathurst 500, they had a habit of blowing the gearboxes at the start line. One year they endurance tested their cars before the race to sort the gearbox problems out. They ran a couple of cars between Sydney and Broken Hill and back for several weeks. Bloody long drive!!

I never heard if they cured the problems.

Yes, it's down to choice CF. Waddo was just commenting on the futility of it, that's all. 

Went to Derby hospital today for CT Scans Etc...........no hassle no traffic easy Parking........all very easy,   , One of my Sons took me,,even though it was Hospital was nice to get to spend some time with him.

Having Coffee in the Cafe after,, noticed one of the Surgeons who did my OP,, he made a 'right fuss' of me,,which was nice.

Went for bite to eat when back in Bulwell,,and as always did some 'Bumping into'........this time it was my Grandaughter with two of her friends,,turned out one of her friends was my Cousins Grandaughter........can't work out what she is to me ?  anyone know ?

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Went to Derby hospital today for CT Scans Etc...........no hassle no traffic easy Parking........all very easy,   , One of my Sons took me,,even though it was Hospital was nice to get to spend some time with him.

Having Coffee in the Cafe after,, noticed one of the Surgeons who did my OP,, he made a 'right fuss' of me,,which was nice.

Went for bite to eat when back in Bulwell,,and as always did some 'Bumping into'........this time it was my Grandaughter with two of her friends,,turned out one of her friends was my Cousins Grandaughter........can't work out what she is to me ?  anyone know ?

Ben, it would be your second cousin, twice removed. B

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Brew said:

There you go Ben, now you can sort them all out...

http://www.certificate-exchange.co.uk/family-tree-articles/cousins.php

Told ya Ben ! And thanks Brew, now I know my second cousins are in reality are once removed cousins. You learn something every day. Never liked 'em anyway.unionflag

• Like 1

Just back from the Strictly tour at the Arena. Glamour, glitz, fun, comedy, great music and a great amount of dancing skill. 

A superb evenings entertainment. 

• Like 1

At Qmc at moment 5pm appointment,, been weighed and measured,, its true you do shrink as you get older,,im 2inch shorter than what i always thought i was, good news is I've put a stone back on,which i needed and wanted,,she said my Bmi was perfect,, so getting there slowly,, 

• Like 10
On 2/1/2019 at 12:56 AM, DJ360 said:

However there is no doubt that both the NHS and Local Councils are under extreme pressure to provide more services and deal with more 'stuff', in the context of a real terms cut in funding which is entirely deliberate and down to central Govt. This is what I was getting at.  I would be very surprised if the changes you outlined are being made for the 'hell of it'.  I reckon it is almost certain that a legislative/regulatory,  cost saving, or both, imperative has forced the changes.  Possibly you could enquire of your Local Council or your NHS contacts, as to the reasons for the changes?

Col. Looks like a bit of belt tightening by the Clinical Commissioning Group. GP practices are not contracted to provide the service and CCGs are not funded to cover the cost of sharps bin collection and disposal although they have done it for years. So now we have one rule, 4 councils and 4 different approaches.

Broxtowe B.C.

Complete a form - required to register - collection on Thursday needs to be available by 6.30 am - need to phone week before for collection.

Nottingham City Council

Register by phone - state how often required - phone to arrange next collection.

Erewash B.C.

Basically told CCG to foff - only housebound patients will receive collections - non-housebound patients should return sharps to to GP practice.

Ashfield D.C.

No need to register - phone to arrange Thursday collection - 24 hours notice.

12 hours ago, davep5491 said:

Col. Looks like a bit of belt tightening by the Clinical Commissioning Group. GP practices are not contracted to provide the service and CCGs are not funded to cover the cost of sharps bin collection and disposal although they have done it for years. So now we have one rule, 4 councils and 4 different approaches.

Broxtowe B.C.

Complete a form - required to register - collection on Thursday needs to be available by 6.30 am - need to phone week before for collection.

Nottingham City Council

Register by phone - state how often required - phone to arrange next collection.

Erewash B.C.

Basically told CCG to foff - only housebound patients will receive collections - non-housebound patients should return sharps to to GP practice.

Ashfield D.C.

No need to register - phone to arrange Thursday collection - 24 hours notice.

Dunno.. but sharps disposal is essentially a personal and public health issue which ought to be legislated for and funded equally nationwide.  It shouldn't be down to variously loaded and variously local Councils.