How's your day?

Just 'having a minute'.  Slow start, but I got the back grass cut for a second time then cleared all the dead stems of assorted hardy perennials in the borders.  They can be chopped up and put in the bottom of my compost bin tomorrow when I start a new year.  Top of the compost won't be rotted down yet but most is and can be bagged up until used. 

Quite a few of the perennials need moving back in the border, because they tend to fall over onto the grass.  I'll do that tomorrow.  Should really have moved them in autumn I suppose, but they'll have to take their chances.  Then plant some shorter growing things in front.

Also had a trial run of my new sun lounger.  Very nice, complete with a comfy cushion and I put a big Turkish 'Hammam' on top.  Mrs Col bought it for me for my hols.  So I got a good two hours of lazing about in minimal kit mode..  Love it!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

1 hour ago, loppylugs said:

Hate to be pessimistic, Nonna, but it may not necessarily transfer the apps.  You may have to reinstall them from the app store.  If you can save the data you've done well.  One of  my biggest beefs with the Ipad is the difficulty of transferring data beween laptop and Ipad.  Have to do it via Itunes I thonk.

Thanks Loppy , I've been trying all day not only to transfer photos etc, which I did but on my pc ( mac) I've lost the app " finder". Its driving me insane. I did a research to see if I could reinstall it. No chance , I've tried every suggestion with no luck. Will forget about the apps although it does say " somewhere?" That apps will be transferred. Now just checking both ipads to see if theres anything missing and that everything works. Put a new screen protector on and sellotaped round  the edges. We have tiled floors so when we drop anything ....it breaks !

1 hour ago, trogg said:

You can purchase a programme online " touchcopy" its fairly cheap. You install it on your laptop and it enables you to take what ever you want off ipads and store it where ever you want on your laptop, so you can transfer the items where ever you want. I believe it has a trial copy for you to use for no charge.

Thanks Trogg will have a look at it when Ive got my neck back into an upright position.

7 hours ago, nonnaB said:

.wait for it Carni. Got the recipe on video which I saved. Measured everything and it was like a batter dough. Checked video again in case I'd made a mistake. I hadnt so added more flour which really isn't a good idea. It was never going to make into a dough so down the sink it went.

Sorry the recipe didn't work for you nonna. I can't understand how it resembled a batter, I don't remember that problem. I have only used the recipe once and was very pleased with the results. So, I will have another go in the next couple of days. If they work, I will add a picture. If not, down my sink it will go!:Shock:

• Like 1

450 Gram self raising flour

2 level teaspoon baking powder

50 gram caster sugar

100 gram softened butter cut into pieces

2 eggs

little milk (might not need all of the egg/milk mixture)

turn out on a floured surface lightly kneed to 2 cm thick

cut into 5 cm rounds

brush tops with any leftover milk/egg mixture

bake for 12-15 minutes at 200c fan

Rog

Not the normal recipe it was a video on YouTube. I'll see if I can put the link on. It's was an Australian recipe with cup measurements and that's how I did it. I have cups in various sizes and used the correct one. Don't know what happened. It won't beat me though. I'll try again tomorrow my daughters been thinking about them all day and came home to search the kitchen.

• Like 1
On 21 February 2019 at 11:00 PM, FLY2 said:

Carni, the toilets at the Embankment were closed several years ago due to unsavoury behaviour by certain members of society

Crikey ..... House of Fraser strikes again, watch yourselves in those toilets youth? Eyes forward & don't look down. 

• Like 1

Emptied compost bin.  About 80% rotted down enough for what I use it for.  Filled six bags.  Then put old perennial stems in bottom, semi rotted stuff on top to start again.

So that's six bags of garden compost.   Also have five large bags I got for a quid in B&Q a couple of weeks back. They were asking everybody at the tills and even got their 'Granville' to bring it round and load it into my boot.  All for a quid!! Also two bags left over from last year, when I did very little gardening because I was too busy digging trenches for soil pipes.

Didn't get round to lifting or dividing any perennials though.  Maybe tomorrow.  Cooler day in prospect but not cold I think.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Called in Dentist today to have a bit filed off me new Teeth,,,hadn't glued em in,,but thought ''Be ok till after Dentist sorted''..........i was wrong,,whilst chatting up'' the Receptionist (which is normal ) ''Top Set'' fell out,,............think she's still laughing.......lol

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the advice Jonab...............but reckon after a while they settle,,last lot did anyway,,,............Anyhow i'd miss the moments of comedy if they were perfect,,,..........Mentioned this before but worth recalling,,, i was in a confrontation with a real hard looking nut in a Pub in Peterborough,, he was really angry and i reckon on the verge of 'flattening me' when his top set fell out into his Pint,,, i cracked up laughing and so did he,,,confrontation over,,saved by his 'ill fitting top set,''      he even bought me a Pint...............lol

• Like 3

JUST FOR CARNI

IMG-3150.jpg

Told you it wouldn't beat me. I made 27 and now there's 7 left. I would add a little sugar and leave them in the oven for 15 minutes not 10-15. the dough is quite sticky but flouring it well is still easy to work with, They are very light, but I wouldn't brush egg yolk on top only milk.

1 cup of flour   (110gr)

1 cup liquid 200 ml

happy baking

• Like 4

Up early as usual (06.30) took Mrs P to the gym at Hykeham for 07.30, back home got the trike out,started to rain, put trike back in shed, sun came out got trike out,started to rain again so put trike back in the shed, drove down to the doctors instead of trike riding,felt like a fraud because the doctors is only a couple of miles from home but driving the car there was better than getting wet, nurse tried getting some blood and only just managed it after digging around on the inside of me arms,got home and me arms now resemble black puddings,got the trike out again as the sun was shining,put me shorts on, sun glasses and cycling gloves and shoes,got outside and it's slinging it down with rain again,sod it the trike can stay out now,just covered the seat over,had a bit of dinner then nodded off, can't be bothered to ride the trike now so it's back in the shed but not after trapping my finger between the crank arm and frame, I now have black and blue arms and a black finger nail, hope tomorrow is a better day as it's up extra early to go to the Asda then out around the village to deliver the Witham Staple (local villages magazine) such is life

Rog

3 hours ago, nonnaB said:

JUST FOR CARNI

IMG-3150.jpg

Told you it wouldn't beat me. I made 27 and now there's 7 left. I would add a little sugar and leave them in the oven for 15 minutes not 10-15. the dough is quite sticky but flouring it well is still easy to work with, They are very light, but I wouldn't brush egg yolk on top only milk.

1 cup of flour   (110gr)

1 cup liquid 200 ml

happy baking

Very impressive looking scones, nonna.  Who ate the seven?

1 hour ago, plantfit said:

Up early as usual (06.30) took Mrs P to the gym at Hykeham for 07.30

Plantfit, Mrs P seems to spend a lot of time at the gym ....... has it ever occurred to you that there might be a rather fit young trainer down there :biggrin:

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Very impressive looking scones, nonna.  Who ate the seven?

It wasn't me yer Honour.:biggrin:

MmmMmm, they look good nonna, definitely got the taste buds going. I will bake a batch with the recipe I posted, as soon as possible to see if I can work out what might have caused your mixture to stay runny. I  haven't had chance today as we have been out more than we have been in . See what tomorrow brings.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

. has it ever occurred to you that there might be a rather fit young trainer down there

I often wondered if it was the gym or a Jim :rotfl:

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Had a special 'bump into'' today,,, Mrs Chulla,,,in Morrisons looking very well...........................

• Like 5

I certainly did Jill.............unfortunately my new voice technique had just faded........so sadly the meet was very brief......but nice all the same,,,

• Like 3
2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Plantfit, Mrs P seems to spend a lot of time at the gym ....... has it ever occurred to you that there might be a rather fit young trainer down there :biggrin:

Cheeeeky

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Had a special 'bump into'' today,,, Mrs Chulla,,,in Morrisons looking very well...........................

Reminds me I have to phone her tomorrow. Had an email from her the other day she seems to be very well and keeps herself occupied. Good for her.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1