• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Only saw a couple of brown hares this morning when we were on our way to the Asda, well it was only 05.45, saw a Muntjac on the way back though

Rog

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Only saw a couple of brown hares this morning

Rog

Well, it is March - the month when they are supposed to go mad.

• Like 1

Not a bad day really, delivered the Witham Staple local villages monthly magazine (forgot to post my own copy, never mind I'll check out their website for the gossip) bit of dinner then out on the trike for 8 miles calling in at the doctors for my repeat prescription, he must have faith in me because he's given me another months supply of tablets, pruned a few branches off the birch tree that is just outside the kitchen window, topped up the bird feeders, burned the rest of the garden rubbish so the ashes can be spread on the small veg patch tomorrow and dug in, Mrs P back from her fit young gym trainer slywinkso did her a nice big omelette with a salad of chopped cherry toms, matchstick cucumber bits, lettuce and chopped bell peppers for her tea,settling down now and chillin

Rog

• Like 2

Margie, did you pass on the idea of having a Teddy bear parachute jump from the roof of your church? if you remember I posted a picture of our village bear jump,raised a fair bit of money for local charities it did

Rog

PS, thinking about it there maybe H&S implication to take into account

No, Rog, I decided, on reflection, that it wouldn't work in our situatIon, although I liked reading your post about it.

• Like 1

Free to a good home, terrier good natured but barks a lot, please contact me if you want him and I will jump over our next doors fence and get him for you!

• Like 4

Nice 'Bump into' this morning,,,my oldest friend known him all my life,,,only normally see him at funerals now,,,

Hes 4 years older than me but looks 10 years younger,,,mind you hes never been a 'smoker or drinker' only been married once (i introduced them)  only got one child,,lived in same house all his life,,never been a fighter or done owt off 'the wall'   in fact been a steady reliable chap all his life,,love the bloke.........would i swop?  NO,,  lol

• Like 3

Ben I'm sure if you put on your best smile you too would look 10 years younger. Just saying.

• Like 1

Thanks Nonna,, but i'm afraid all the Vices iv'e had over the years have taken their Toll.........:wacko:

• Like 1

Smooth Ben just smooth, got to be honest though when I first met you I thought this guy's telling porkies about his age he's only in his early to mid 60's

Rog

• Like 1

It's me again, The day just gets better. The latest update of my brother's funeral is, there ain't gonna be one !!! It transpires that his family don't want to be involved in a service or scattering of ashes. I've been told that as there is no service, he will be cremated when they can fit him in, i.e when space available. Have no choice but to have my own little private service this end ! Will be advised as to when the deed as taken place. So here's to you boy, God bless and rest in peace.

Why do you not have say in the funeral arrangements,he was your brother? this is very sad news

Rog

31 minutes ago, Beekay said:

.....The latest update of my brother's funeral is, there ain't gonna be one !!! It transpires that his family don't want to be involved in a service or scattering of ashes. I've been told that as there is no service, he will be cremated when they can fit him in, i.e when space available. Have no choice but to have my own little private service this end ! Will be advised as to when the deed as taken place. So here's to you boy, God bless and rest in peace.

Barrie, so sorry about the situation regarding your brother's funeral - or lack of one....  you must be feeling sad that you can't say your final goodbyes near to him.   Thinking of you x

21 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Why do you not have say in the funeral arrangements,he was your brother? this is very sad news

Rog

My understanding is that his son and grandkids have first say. It's all rather complicated Rog. Thanks for your thoughts. B.

7 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Barrie, so sorry about the situation regarding your brother's funeral - or lack of one....  you must be feeling sad that you can't say your final goodbyes near to him.   Thinking of you x

Bless you MargieH. xx B.

• Like 1

I don't know the ins and outs of a situation like that BK but it don't seem right to me mate...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, Brew said:

I don't know the ins and outs of a situation like that BK but it don't seem right to me mate...

My understanding Brew, it involves money initially. B.

Sorry Barrie about your brothers funeral but I think it is the direct wishes of close family that win.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Stavertongirl said:

Not a good end to the day burnt me pizzathumbsdown

Yes Loppy dogs love pizzas . Sorry SG too what did you eat at the finish?

• Like 1

Cut the burnt bits off and had a big bowl of Cornish ice cream with chocolate sauce and crushed nuts as pudding. 

• Like 6