• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Good day today.  Mrs Col's cousin, who was best man at our wedding, has lived in the south since he got married 40+ years ago.  His wife is a lovely girl but is now wheelchair bound with MS.  Anyway, he finally managed to marshall his five kids and their respective partners, and himself and wife to come up this way.  Some had never been to Liverpool before, but all said from what they've seen so far it is a great city.  We met up, along with Mrs Col's two older sisters and husbands, plus some of their kids, at a Garden Centre/Restaurant near Ormskirk.  A very rare gathering, but lovely to see them all.  Got invited down to Chichester to spend some time with them.. which will be nice.

Sadly, also found out that one of the guests at my recent 70th party has passed away.  John was a true gentleman and a loyal friend.  I've known him almost as long as I've lived here in the Grand Duchy.  He was older than me.. around 80 and had recently been afflicted with Myasthaenia Gravis.  He seemed to be slowly 'on the mend', but took ill last week and passed away in hospital.  Grim.

• Like 1

For a minute there.. or maybe 5 hours... I thought I'd gone deaf...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I haven't seen many postings from our friend Carni recently , I might have missed them but if I remember correctly see hasn't been to well lately.So I have posted this photo to let her know we are thinking about her and make her feel better.

carni.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Trogg why didn't you send all the ladies an elephants foot. Wait til my daughter sees this..."mum I just fancy an elephants foot, shall we make some" They don't exist here and she misses them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Nonna I have seen photos of your cooking, I feel sure you can teach Birds a thing or two. But your right I apologise I should have sent all ladies one, will you all forgive me. For the sake of equality for the men also.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Forgiven. Waiting for my daughter to come across for breakfast. A strawberry and banana smoothie. We only do this on a sunday  and tonight we are doing a veggie stir fry. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have just found out the wife can use my laptop, so Nonna if you have forgiven me will I receive an invite for dinner tonight or I will be in the spare room eating humble pie, again.

Hope this posting will lighten the atmosphere on this Forum.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hey trogg,, i'll be in wethers in half hour,, if you want to buy me a coffee ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Hey trogg,, i'll be in wethers in half hour,, if you want to buy me a coffee ?

If I can catch the train and plane I'll be there and you can buy me one. Just made some biccies, Ginger and orange and coconut ones. Shall I bring them.? 

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

I'm here now,,sat on me own:(

Whoops I missed the connection.

• Like 2

So have we Phil. Many times. Remember leaving La Buca after a late finish saturday night . You know Alex all rush to get to mamma's cooking. She always got his favourite food ready.

Sorry Ben I have only just read this , I had to go back to bed (spare room) I had a rough night and had to go back to bed , I will be in on Friday as I believe DJ will be down visiting, hope to see you then.

• Like 1

Sorry mate,, iv'e got Derby hospital friday,,i will catch you at some stage and cliff ton,,,,with me just lately its last minute decisions.......depending on voice in working order,,,

• Like 2
2 hours ago, trogg said:

I have just found out the wife can use my laptop, so Nonna if you have forgiven me will I receive an invite for dinner tonight or I will be in the spare room eating humble pie, again.

Hope this posting will lighten the atmosphere on this Forum.

Apologies if my posts have lowered the atmosphere of this forum Trogg.

I'm sure trogg wasn't aiming his comments at you Barrie (right trogg?)..........anyway stop apologising,, we all love ya'.........lol

• Like 5

Barrie my comments were never aimed at you, they were meant for others. I don't think anyone on this forum could possibly find any problem with you, you appear to be a straight up sort of guy.

• Like 2