How's your day?

1 hour ago, trogg said:

Barrie my comments were never aimed at you, they were meant for others. I don't think anyone on this forum could possibly find any problem with you, you appear to be a straight up sort of guy.

Many thanks for your vote of confidence. A welcome reassurance. Barrie.

• Like 2
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

BK just go along with the jokes and add your own . It stops the boredom from other sourses

• Like 1

Oh gents, can we have a little less of the apologies and sorry's please. It's so depressing on a wet Sunday afternoon.

I'm already on the verge of slitting my wrists !  imsorry

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ever felt not wanted ?   Told trogg i'd be in 'Wethers' this morning(saw your mess. thanks trogg),,,also told three of my sons,, one not answered two working.........wife didn't fancy it,,,so sat by mesen with Bacon Cob and loads of Espresso's..........not for long though,,  a lady i was at school with came and sat with me (with her husband) lovely lass,, we couldn't remember whether we'd dated back in the day,,but did remember we Danced together at Padstow friday lunch time ''Dance club''..:rolleyes:........her husband (nice chap) was from Arnold,,and said they didn't have such things,, told him '''''neh mind Ron we wern't all lucky enough to go to Padstow'''............before leaving ''Wethers''' saw two chaps that worked for me in 'Security'' one used to travel the country with me,,and would tackle any job,,hes the same age as me ,,and we remininised (sp) about some good times,,,sacked him twice but always took him back,,and we laughed about that......he said ''i was best boss he ever had''......despite shouting and sacking him. Made me feel good.

The other one that worked for me didn't recognise me,, he's a Boxer,,been half famous at one time........won't mention his name,, anyway he was a nice lad at one time.,,today he was Pissed and drinking Champagne with similar mates,, which was OK,,but the language they were using was out of order...............Shame really..........thought about ejecting him and his 6ft plus mates......only thought........LOL

• Like 5

Been reminiscing. Went with companion to Foxhall Road, Forest Fields to find out where Foxhall Lodge was and parking etc. My husband and I used to rent a flat on Foxhall Road so I walked up the road (didn’t remember just how steep the hill was) and found the house the flat was in. Bought back some very happy memories of a good time. House parties where all 3 flats were involved and weekend parties at the house down the road, if I remember rightly it was a West Indian family that lived there, but anyway the parties were amazing and so was the food. Sunny days sunbathing on the Forest, with games of football and cricket where loads joined in. The Arbritum (spelling) with the mynah birds, wasn’t there one who would swear? It hasn’t changed much round there, the small Indian shop is still there that was open every day from early until late. Then we went to Wiverton Road where we rented a flat as well before we upgraded to the one on Foxhall. Many happy memories and good times. A small ray of sunshine on such a miserable day.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

We used to live on Foxhall Road too. We lived at no: 3. We had the ground floor and then the other flats or rooms were taken by Italians who my husband worked with, this was 1970. In january the following year we came to Italy for the first time. We left after 1 year but came back again in 88 home again 94 and back to Italy in 2000 and now we're here to stay.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Sometimes but not often. We used to go to book flights with Monarch  from ....can't remember the priests name but remember he chained smoked but never really attended their social functions.

He was Don ???? We met him coming back from Italy once and he asked us to take some money for him as he had got too much and was afraid of g.etting caught.. Honest ??

Used to go to the Italian club in the early 70's meet up with a few good friends there, Giuseppe,(Joe) Raffael (Raff) and Matteo (Matt) had some good nights in there, very friendly welcoming people, went to Giuseppe's daughters wedding reception there I think it was about 1975, what a do that was,plenty of food and wines of all sorts and no body got drunk,just happy

Rog

• Like 1
19 hours ago, FLY2 said:

I'm already on the verge of slitting my wrists !  imsorry

Sorry to hear that Fly, perhaps you should go and lie down in a darkened shed until people apologise for upsetting you.

• Like 1

Didn't post much yesterday.  I was busy with the vacuum cleaner.  Not using it obviously.. but fixing it.  It's one o' them 'Vax' upright things and really is very good.  Very lightweight and  powerful. Also inexpensive to buy.  Only thing is not many places stock the filters, but I got some new ones yesterday from Allspares in Wigan.  First new set since we got this machine some years ago, but once they are 'past it', they reduce the airflow and the machine overheats and trips out frequently.

The other thing is that you do need to take the 'cyclone' bit out of the dust collector bin occasionally and strip it apart.  About a dozen screws in total. Nothing complicated, and there are marks to aid reassembly, though it only goes together properly one way.. In my case it was liberally coated inside with a thick layer of white plaster dust.  My fault for using a lot of 'Easifill' in recent DIY jobs I suppose.  Ordinary household dust etc., doesn't stick so badly.

Anyway, today will be one of those days where you  give all rooms a good 'bottoming', as my old Mum used to say....

No dust will be spared!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Why do Amazon tell me the stuff I ordered yesterday will be here on Thursday and it has just been delivered which means I have to run round looking for my keys to open the front door whilst trying to get my 2 dogs in the front room so they don’t cover the delivery driver in hair.

• Like 3

We had a Vax, did what it was supposed to do and cheap to buy.  I was then informed we needed a Dyson. Two of those later and I was told we needed to go cordless - enter one Gtech ram. Absolutely useless!  You have to 'go with the pile' on carpets unless you have super strength in you arms and on tiled surfaces it struggles even with crumbs unless you make two or three slow passes.

Why am I moaning? I don't use the damn thing and nor does herself but we have a cleaner three times a week who insists on going in the garage and fetching the Vax!

• Like 5

We've had numerous 'Dysons'a compete waste of money, now use a 'Mielie' cat and dog model, shmbo rates it above anything else. She uses the vax on the artificial turf and I use a Henry in the garage. I think also, that to comply with the 'EU' all vacuums have been downrated in power!!!. Obviously they don't want you to be too clean!!

I posted a while back that the EU was limiting vacuum power to 900watts, doesn't really apply to battery appliances. 

Perhaps the animal rights people have lobbied the EU on behalf of the carpet beetles..

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Brew said:

I posted a while back that the EU was limiting vacuum power to 900watts, doesn't really apply to battery appliances. 

Perhaps the animal rights people have lobbied the EU on behalf of the carpet beetles..

'Carpet beetles!'  There are lots of cross-over POSTS these days...  I have to keep checking the name of the thread I'm reading... 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Stavertongirl said:

Why do Amazon tell me the stuff I ordered yesterday will be here on Thursday and it has just been delivered which means I have to run round looking for my keys to open the front door whilst trying to get my 2 dogs in the front room so they don’t cover the delivery driver in hair.

The same here SG but Ive got 4 dogs to control. I have to go down to the gate to collect, ok if the parcel is small but if its too big to go over the gate I have to get the dogs under control and make sure they are out the way before I open the gate. Its electric so must be extra careful that the pups don't run out. its a nightmare.

Dysons.. I have a cordless Dyson and have no problem with it  apart from having a new battery. But we have tiled floors so it runs over very smoothly. Cant imagine what it would be like on a thick pile carpet.

4 hours ago, Waddo said:

Probably the same as any other surface nonna, useless!!

Do I take it you don't like Dysons Waddo? Its only a guess mind. I still use a dustpan and brush.

I like my Dyson - the one with a ball - as it cleans all surfaces very efficiently.  It has a 'turbo' option which is excellent  for the clumps of cat hair which seem to appear overnight.  I've got a pet comb but they hate it...