How's your day?

Took Bailey to the groomers this morning.  He looked a bit like Dougall on the Magic Roundabout.  (remember him?)  Got a call to pick him up about four hours later.  Thought it was the wrong dog.  Looked about 12 pounds lighter.  Long gangly legs.  :biggrin:  You forget whats under all that fur.   Mrs L said Jake howled like a baby when I went off with him.  I guess he does like him really.  Now he's rolling on the rug.  it must feel different without all that fur.  If I know Mrs. L she'll tuck him in with a blanket tonight.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

A bargain that wasn't. I like Lion bars, preferred the Nux but you can't get them now. I only have about two or three a year so when I saw four for a pound in the basket they went. Put them in the fridge and promptly forgot them. Came across them Monday and though 'great' took one and bit into it. It was solid, like a stick of rock solid and three front teeth shattered, well two crowns and a tooth really.

Had the dentist estimate today, never realised you could that many zeros on one line before - sheesh implants are expensive.

• Upvote 1

They're definitely not four for a quid !

• Like 1

Sorry for your dental problems, Brew......shame it's your front teet as well.  Hope it's not too physically painful for you (the financial pain will be bad enough!).

• Like 1

Had a deep clean and small filling last Thursday, at a cost of £59.40. Thought that was bad enough. You have my sympathy Brew. Say cheese!

• Like 1

Bleddy teeth... Pain in the a***

Cometh the day. it was time to move on..My Grandparents parted with all their teeth.. in one go! Thankfully things have moved on...Densistry technology today is amazing..best dentist iv'e had.. Czech in Czech Republic..Probably cheaper also..

Good Luck DJ360.

Note worse than toothache...Had some work done in Sweden ...Terrible!

6 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Bleddy teeth... Pain in the a***

Col, you're probably brushing the wrong end!

• Like 1

At least most of mine left me with a 'Story' to tell.............Schoolboy cricket on Bulwell common'''..........''falling down stairs in Bodega''.......''Coop Carlton road''      ''no anesthetic 2am Dentist on Mansfield road,,.....Coop Strelley''...........and my last 12 all in one go Derby hospital............:blink:

• Like 5

The weather is nice and bright at the moment and I've just hung out the washing. so I got the trike out, going for a ride around the local lanes this morning and will call in at the Bassingham village hall for a coffee and a gossip with the locals, after that I will probably have to ride home in the wind,rain and sleet,oh well such is life, have a great day everyone

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Off to Lincoln soon to see my youngest daughter !  Don't get in my way Rog ! 

4 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

May even catch a fish, albeit with a small barbless hook ;)

You could always use a net, i got loads of sticklebaks with a net when I were younger !.

Today I've been continuing with spring cleaning which I started about a month ago - I don't do it every day by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have a LIST of what needs doing and I tick things off when I've done them (Very satisfying seeing all the ticks thumbsup  ). 

My spring cleaning involves being a bit ruthless in throwing out or recycling stuff I don't use or want any more.   Yesterday, I gave our eldest son the pottery he'd done for his O Level in 1983.  I told him we'd enjoyed having them on display for 35 years - they are very good pieces and  he got an A for them - but we said that he could have them for the next 35!!   He seemed quite pleased but informed me that he possibly wouldn't be around when he was 87.  Makes me feel REALLY old when my kids start talking about their own mortality.....

We also gave him 4 large blue plant containers for his garden and a houseplant he took a fancy to (a Jade plant which is growing into a little tree). 

Today, I started on my 'memory chest' and have been 'sorting' that nearly all day.   Unfortunately, there's very little I want to part with.  I've been reading old diaries and a scrapbook from the late fifties/early sixties.  That has newspaper cuttings of when Forest won the Cup - I'll bring it to the next meet up.  

There's piles of stuff  still on the floor.... I'll try and finish it tomorrow.  Hope the cats don't have a mad time in the middle of the night and scatter it everywhere.

• Like 5

Good day for you then Margie.  Last week I got rid of a few things I didn’t even know we’d still got. Our youngest son has bought some display cabinets for his home office and asked if he could have a few sporting memorabilia items we had tucked away in a cupboard, things that my husband had bought at Charity auctions years ago but didn’t really need (or want) but you know how these auctions are conducted, at the end of a boozy evening so the men get carried away on the bidding!  Anyway I spent an afternoon delving into an understairs cupboard that was jam-packed with things that have been there since we moved into the house nearly 15 years ago.   I ended up with two black bags of stuff to take down to him, including framed school and team photos, a signed Ronald Dahl ‘Matilda’ book he got for his 7th birthday, a signed 2003 Rugby World Cup ball, a pair of signed Lennox Lewis boxing gloves, his school rugby shirt from a tour of South Africa in 1996, a babygro and minute baby vest ..... he’s going to be 40 in a couple of months time!! 

When we got to his house he’d got his Mamod Steam Engine sitting proudly in a display cabinet and I was so pleased that he’d still got that.

All that back-aching activity crawling around in the cupboard hasn’t made a jot of difference, it’s still crammed full of stuff that’s neither use nor ornament.   Need a skip and be totally ruthless.  

• Like 4

Being totally ruthless really pays dividends Lizzie. I attacked my garage some time ago and got rid of.. ooo    nearly a full half carrier bag of stuff and now I can almost get all the way to the consumer unit...   :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Demolished my old wooden shed last week, and as well as breaking it up, bagging it, I got rid of loads of nearly empty paint and varnish tins, old broken or damaged garden tools, two old mats, various types of roofing felt, wooden shelves, an unwanted fireplace hearth, tatty bird feeders, an old B & D Woorkmate, two old pond pumps, various types and diameter hosing, an old stool, and other assorted junk.

Can't wait to get my new metal one.

• Like 1

FLY, so you were REALLY demolishing your shed last week and not just joining in with the 'shed' topic!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I really was Margie.

• Like 1

You do know you're going to regret it don't you? It's a fundamental law of the universe that stuff thrown will within a matter of weeks be the very thing you need. 

• Like 3

Yes, I've encountered that scenario many times Brew