• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Awaiting delivery of a new "Premier Inn" Hypnos mattress today. This is the fouth different delivery date they have set but not yet managed to deliver.

1 hour ago, Compo said:

Awaiting delivery of a new "Premier Inn" Hypnos mattress today. This is the fouth different delivery date they have set but not yet managed to deliver.

Tell them to read a proper map not use satnav,  probably got lost the last three times but won't admit it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Gem said:

Tell them to read a proper map not use satnav,  probably got lost the last three times but won't admit it.

Yes we tell our delivery men to do that, some say they don't have them. Here in the village we have streets/roads called Valle. One called Via Valle and the other Strada Valle. we often get a note saying no one was in when I stay in all day waiting for a delivery.

• Like 2

Can't believe what I encountered this morning. Called into a supermarket to buy a pack of batteries for my daughter. I handed over a 20 euro note and the cashier asked if I had anything smaller. I found a 10 euro tucked away and handed it to him in return he handed back my 20. he sat looking at the note and at the till, I wondered what was wrong so I asked him if there was a problem. No he said and took out a calculator. The batteries cost 6.99 so it doesn't need a degree to calculate the change from 10 euro. Even a 6 yr old can do it.

I stood there with my mouth open I couldn't believe it. He wasn't a young person or seemed to have any difficulties and he certainly wasn't old . Shows you how these new tills do everything but wrap the goods.

I had to go to Ely hospital for another eye test this afternoon.  Paul was going to drive me there, but he was urgently needed by a solicitor who was sorting out some details about a church member who has died, so I went on the bus from our village into Ely centre and  then walked the 2 miles to the hospital from there.  It was such a lovely sunny day that I really enjoyed the 45 minute walk.   (I didn't rush!!)

• Like 2

Margie that's just over two and a half mph, you were fair whizzing along compared to my pace..yada

• Upvote 1

Brew, there were lots of people who were overtaking me on the path, but I didn't care as I'd given myself plenty of time to get there

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:43 AM, Compo said:

Back in the day you and your two mates would have got Wesley to deliver.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Have you ever done something really stupid? I did a while ago but didn't realize at the time. I did it again today. 

I started the dishwasher this morning and popped in the capsule and away it went. A while later the floor was flooded like it was the last time I used it.

After wondering why there was so much foam in the bottom it slowly dawned on me to check the capsules. I called myself a *\*{£>¥\*#^{>~*  then had to laugh. I had used capsules for the washing machine. :blush: I should have realized last time as there was a lovely smell inside the dishwasher. 

When I bought them I thought they were the new capsules for d/ washers as I'd seen on tv.

Theyve now been put near my other washing machine capsules away from under the sink.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I hope that is a rhetorical question NonnaB, if it wasn't I could go on and on and on and bore you all or make you laugh so much , so I will keep quiet and keep the little self respect I still have.

• Like 2
On 4/2/2019 at 11:46 AM, oldphil said:

Back in the day you and your two mates would have got Wesley to deliver.

..........and the credit company would have taken it back within a few weeks! 

:rotfl:

• Like 1
18 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Have you ever done something really stupid?

....."Where's my tea?................Ah there it is - in the fridge again."

• Like 2

So, It's blowing a strong gale, the A9 is blocked by a fallen tree at Golspie and a little further south it is blocked by snow. Hey-ho, Scottish Spring is here.

:faint:

Had a lovely day today, nice stroll around Newark to take some pictures,got a bit of gardening done when I got back home, checked emails etc, met up with Mick2me which was great ,settling down now with a nice coffee and just "chillin" life is very good

Rog

• Like 1

Out all day today for a change........Hucknall  Wetherspoons for breakfast,,not same as Bulwell but was on my way to Kirkby ,so made do.

Kirkby not been for a few years,,and like everywhere else changed somewhat.     In the 60s worked in a Vernons store there just for a week or two,,on Station road,,couldn't remember this morning exactly where.

Also in the 60s worked in a new 'Savemore' supermarket (marsdens) in what was then a new Precinct.Today couldn't even find the Precinct,,also worked in it in the 90s for Coop............Made do with going in a large Morrisons,,for Cake and Coffee.

Like everywhere i go nowadays memories of events and people just tumble back into my mind,,recalled several people i worked with from days gone by........but the biggest memory and funniest was being sent to the Coop to catch a prolific shoplifter,,, ''you'll know him Ben,,comes in every morning about 10am,,WEARING A FLAT CAP'' .................kirkby early 90s man in flat cap......LOL

• Like 5

Nowt against 'flat caps' Trogg,, but as a description of a bloke back then in Kirkby,,dint help much,,,when i got there about 9.30 there were probably about 40 blokes all wearing one...........lol

Still got him though,,,he stuffed two bottles of Spirits inside his 'Poacher' jacket,,and half a pound of cooked ham down his trousers,,,mind you he did pay for a packet of Fags.....lol

• Like 3

Another day working on grandsons garden. That's 6 full days work in the last 10 days - did 9 hours today. It sounds like hard work but I enjoy it. I just like being out doors. Now that I have no French fermette to look after I am landscaping next door's (grandsons) garden. Cleared what had become a wasteland (prev owner) and built 5 raised veg beds with brick paths in between and laid about 20 paving slabs for surrounding footpaths. Also built a patio with old quarry tiles. Looks lovely. Fishing tomorrow :)

• Like 3