How's your day?

That's what life is about Margie. Involvement with the younger generations. It keeps you fit ? Well done.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Last night my daughter sent me a message to read that had been sent to her by a site that she is registered to. I was too tired to read it last night as it was very long so I read it this morning and it upset me so much. A guy , American, has adopted up to now 37 tiny dogs who have been treated badly or have had to be rehoused. He goes on to tell about a tiny dog that had been used as bait for fighting pitbulls. This tiny dog had been subject to so many injuries caused by the pitbulls. He travelled 5 hours to go to collect this dog and to bring her home. He had to stop for petrol and the dog escaped. He ran after it when it got onto a 4 lane highway. He eventually caught up with it and found that the dog just curled up into a ball. He managed to get it home safely and 7 months passed. One day , one of his other dogs  aged 16 passed away. He was so upset that he went into his garage to have what he called a good bawl. When all of a sudden he felt little paws on his knees, it was this little dog who he called Lucy. From that day after 7 months of fear she began to come out of her shell and is now interacting with the other 37 dogs.

A beautiful story after a year and a half of suffering. These people who keep small dogs, rabbits etc for bait need shooting or hung, drawn and quartered. Even that is too good for them.

If anyone is interested in this beautiful story , there are videos and updates of the dogs in different situations. If you like dogs its for you.

Big guy littles world sanctuary on Facebook or youtube. It'll bring a smile to your day

• Like 1

Many towns and cities this side of the pond, have now banned pit bulls Nonna, if one is reported, the police take it with a court order and have it put down, the owner pays all costs.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ayupmeducks said:

Many towns and cities this side of the pond, have now banned pit bulls Nonna, if one is reported, the police take it with a court order and have it put down, the owner pays all costs.

As it should be Ayupmeducks. I was bitten by a pitbull a few years ago. He attacked my dog and threw him upside down. My dog squealed and I foolishly , but didn't think so at the time, went to his rescue and put my hands between the pitbulls jaw and tried to open his mouth to let my dog  go. He did eventually let go when my nephew kicked him where it hurt. My dog ended up with a punctured lung and 2 broken ribs. We spent the next 6 months backwards and forwards to the vet.I was left with a scar between my ring finger and middle finger. It needed 7 Sts. The owners thinking how intelligent their dog was by opening their door and letting the dog get into the car on its own.Even now when I see a pitbull I steer clear.

I will add that I've had dogs all my life and have never ever been afraid of them , no matter what size.

Had a couple of errands to do this morning, and popped into Beauvale Priory tea rooms near Greasley, Moorgreen. 

I've passed it many times, and often wondered what was there. Well I Googled it, and was truly amazed at its nearly 600 years of history. Although now in ruins, in the grounds of a farm, there are superb views over north Notts. Superb tea rooms too, and lovely scrambled eggs on toast ! Next time, I'll inspect the ruins too.

• Like 1

Steady day. Went to my older daughters to fix a leaky toilet filler valve but didn't quite sort it. More research when I got home and a few more clues, so I'll go back tomorrow and do the job properly.  Lovely to see them though . My granddaughter is so cute right now.. always smiling and cheery.. even when she is being a PITA :)

Had a stroll around memory lane just now,,,,,IE Bulwell Hall Park.........First time must have been about 1950 pic-nic with Mam and Dad,,,then regular with me school mates all thru the 50s on our bikes tearing thru the Woods.

Teenage years playing football for different Bulwell teams,,not forgetting lots of ''Courting '' with Christine 'B' from Andover road,,,Margaret ''H'' from Brooklyn road,,,don't know what year it was but purchased the same shirt 'Cliff' wore in 'Expresso Bongo'' to meet Angela 'J' outside the Adelphi,,she turned up with her younger Sister,, 'Tut' so it was just a nice walk round the Park.

Then from the 70s to the 90s,,took all my kids there,,sometimes on Bikes sometimes walking Dads dog Benji'''......All good memories that came 'tumbling back tonight,,,even names apart from girls..........such as big Sid,,ex Marsdens chap,,not seen him for more than 30 years,,,school pals from Bestwood........Harry Fewkes,,Nev Olpin,,Alan Milward,,Kenny Gray,,Trevor Alcock,, then old mates from BRSA Bulwell football team,,Billy Mathews,, Steve Ashdown,,Paul Hammond,,Colin Turner,,John Turner,,Jed Sanders,,.........eeh this reminising (sp) gets me down.......i'll shurrup now'''''''''''''''

• Like 11

Ben don't shurrup with your reminising , you reminded me of the park and reignited memories. The fun as a teenager and friends now gone with the "antics" revived. The picnics with my sons on there spending most of the day there, no cash to go on away days but they preferred all day on there and only 10 minutes walk from home. Then taking god children on there for more of the same and finally the showing the grandkids the Jewel of Bulwell. Our forefathers have to be thanked for providing all of these parks throughout our City and County and long may they last. Nowadays no "parkie" to chase you off and tell you you cant do that here.

• Like 8

Good day here so far. Just made some Hummus..using this method: 

https://www.inspiredtaste.net/15938/easy-and-smooth-hummus-recipe/

Absolutely delicious and so 'moreish' that I now have the problem of keeping my mits off it so it lasts more than an hour or so.

Lovely reminiscences above from Ben and Trogg.  I have many memories of there too.  Evening walks through there with my Grandad Jack, who only lived around the corner on Grindon Crs.  Mum taking us in there to pick wild roses.  And, when a bit older, cycling down there from Bestwood Estate with mates, to fish for tiddlers and newts in the pond.  We took to racing our bikes around the lakes in a figure of 8, and as I turned onto the 'bridge' between them one time, the front wheel fell off my bike.  I managed to stay out of the water, but I whacked the end of my left elbow so hard that there's still a flat spot there to this day.

Also very fond memories of going to watch the Hucknall Air Display from there.... and some early adventures with certain young  ladies.  Sue from Boowul and Barbara from Highbury Vale...  :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Is Newark trying to keep up with Notre Dame? big fire there this morning,somewhere near the Kelham island, Scrap yard,Sugar beet factory,Rugby club area

P1070377.jpg

P1070379.jpg

No news on the BBC as yet

Rog

• Like 1

The Newark fire is at Briggs Metals scrapyard opposite the sugar beet factory. Run by the infamous Briggs-Price who is not long out of prison for drug smuggling. He’s ‘well known’ in the area. Maybe a copycat Notre Dame hoping for a public whip round to reinstate.

• Like 1

Thanks Phil, no mention of it on the news,just on about that bloody church fire in france

Rog

Talking of drugs, I was walking back to the car park when a youth asked me if I'd got a fag,no I replied,he then asked me if I had any Weed, I'm going to stop wearing this baseball cap and walking around as if I'm down and out

Heavy weather forecast for tomorrow, Friday.   Weatherman wetting his pants with anticipation.  severe thunderstorms, possible tornadoes, 1.5 inches of rain.  Yawn!

They were having a similar fit last Sunday.   We even left church early so we could take care of our dogs.  Half an hour of light rain, and not so much as a rumble of thunder.  In fairness to them some places did get some damage.  Nothing here though.

The name of the game seems to be to create as much fear as possible.  Keeps folks watching the commercial laden panic.

Superb hot day today, so sunning, then fry up. Crap on tv, so headphones on, and.... 123 Turn it up. Yep, Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Had a mini clearout of my wardrobe today, 3 big bags of clothes to Cancer Research in Sherwood, the young assistant’s face lit up when he saw what I was donating but I still can’t find enough hanging space, I think I need to be more ruthless.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1